Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Let's try something, a little more in depth.

List an article out of the Master Agreement, and we can comment on improvements.

If you don't have a contract book handy.... Here is the online version.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

I'll start.

Article 37

Section 1.

"(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer shall not retaliate against employees for exercising rights under this Agreement. In considering any grievance alleging retaliation for exercising his rights under the Agreement, the severity and timing of the Employer’s actions that modify an employee’s work assignment or reprimand employees shall be relevant factors to a determination of motivation."

It seems (in certain areas) once a driver has requested to sign the 9.5 list....

The company's immediate response, is to ride with the driver or "threaten" to do so.

If there was a monetary penalty attached, it would deter this behavior.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

List an article out of the Master Agreement, and we can comment on improvements.

I'll start.

Article 37

Section 1.

"(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer shall not retaliate against employees for exercising rights under this Agreement. In considering any grievance alleging retaliation for exercising his rights under the Agreement, the severity and timing of the Employer’s actions that modify an employee’s work assignment or reprimand employees shall be relevant factors to a determination of motivation."

It seems (in certain areas) once a driver has requested to sign the 9.5 list....

The company's immediate response, is to ride with the driver or "threaten" to do so.

-Bug-
I love this idea way better. Makes people use logic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here's another.

Article 37

Section 1. b)

In the Central Region, we have had "8-hour request" language for over 40 years.

24 hr's notice, has been sufficient.... for all these years.

(and is still current language)

Let's make it uniform, for the whole country.

And none of the nonsense (in article 37) of penalty pay.

Can't get it done.... in 8 hrs ? Bring it back, with no penalty.

-Bug-

clean hairy

Any termination or last chance agreement will be fulfilled by a trial by combat between the center manager and the employee. Based upon the severity of the offense, the combat can range between a simple full contact competition or a fight to the death. If a stalemate results, it will be referred to arbitration where 3 union representatives and 3 company representatives will face off in a steel cage no holds barred competition. Results of arbitration combat will be final and binding.
Is that a pay per view event?

Dragon

Package Center Manager

I'll start.

Article 37

Section 1.

-Bug-

Yes this whole section should be removed and done away with. You would think it says you cannot have management run the business. Employee's cannot do it. Look what happened to the pension in your locals. Imagine what would happen if we let you run the company we would be out of business in 5 years.

babboo25

Banned
Yes this whole section should be removed and done away with. You would think it says you cannot have management run the business. Employee's cannot do it. Look what happened to the pension in your locals. Imagine what would happen if we let you run the company we would be out of business in 5 years.
We? You're a center manager, get over yourself. All you are is a puppet to 3 different bosses.

hyena

Management today ,is doing a better job of destroying the company then running it. You guys and gals no longer care about the customers or your employees. Btw the partners forum is next door.

wide load

IMG_1952.jpg

wide load

When did they remove the "Customer Satisfaction" section in your bible?
You_Doodle_Pro_2017-03-15T02_27_52Z.jpg

Same thing the Division and District managers say about an entry level Center manager. Actually I think the company could run much better if the Ctr. Managers had more flexibility. If you can find an honest one and I know there are some honest ones out there.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Same thing the Division and District managers say about an entry level Center manager. Actually I think the company could run much better if the Ctr. Managers had more flexibility. If you can find an honest one and I know there are some honest ones out there.
All the honest ones retired 10 years ago. Nothing left but a bunch of number fudging overweight office monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.