Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

A few simple fold out vents would work wonders. Two up front that catch and allow air in, two in the rear that exhaust the heat. As you drive, the air flow increases. Probably $50 a truck. Small price for a huge safety issue.
Some of the older trucks had those. But they are almost useless on a condensed metro route because the truck doesn't go far or fast enough to exchange the interior air. There's venting (holes) already in the top of the trucks. A solar powered fan wouldn't drain the battery and would run the whole day if equipped with a thermostat to turn it on at say 70°friend or above and shut off when the cargo area drops to the desired temp.

Maybe the drone can circle you back a cold drink and run it's rotor blades to cool you off.

This is an article 18 issue. Go for it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Some of the older trucks had those. But they are almost useless on a condensed metro route because the truck doesn't go far or fast enough to exchange the interior air. There's venting (holes) already in the top of the trucks. A solar powered fan wouldn't drain the battery and would run the whole day if equipped with a thermostat to turn it on at say 70°friend or above and shut off when the cargo area drops to the desired temp.

Maybe the drone can circle you back a cold drink and run it's rotor blades to cool you off.

I'd love to send a diad message "Going over 10 because I'm waiting for my drone to return."

BrownTexas

And as UpstateNYUPSer has pointed out numerous times, maybe it's time to look at a two-tier system. If part-timers are loathe to go into driving, maybe the workload is simply too much.

UPS's earnings sucked last quarter (according to Wall Street expectations) so where does the next generation of drivers come from?
This and yet they manage to give the uppers a 21% increase anyway. Get out of here with a two-tier system.

LeadBelly

Banned
This and yet they manage to give the uppers a 21% increase anyway. Get out of here with a two-tier system.
I know where you are coming form, but we need to remember that us as drivers make about 57 an hour between wages and benefits and that Fedex is at least 25 to go 30 cheaper across the board. I don't know how much cheaper the other competitors are right now but if I did and showed you it would be alarming. Food for thought.

BrownTexas

I know where you are coming form, but we need to remember that us as drivers make about 57 an hour between wages and benefits and that Fedex is at least 25 to go 30 cheaper across the board. I don't know how much cheaper the other competitors are right now but if I did and showed you it would be alarming. Food for thought.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.PNG
    IMG_0430.PNG
    670.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0431.PNG
    IMG_0431.PNG
    663.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0432.PNG
    IMG_0432.PNG
    602.4 KB · Views: 120

NXA

All our PCs have vents that duct air into the cargo. They don't work except when the PC is moving at speed for some time, like maybe going on and off area. We regularly see temps over 120 back there, and sometimes over 130. That's a seriously dangerous environment. I want forced air ventilation.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
All our PCs have vents that duct air into the cargo. They don't work except when the PC is moving at speed for some time, like maybe going on and off area. We regularly see temps over 120 back there, and sometimes over 130. That's a seriously dangerous environment. I want forced air ventilation.
They haven't cared for the last 110 yeArs so I really doubt they are going to start caring now

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They quit doing that because people would work for a couple of months, use up the healthcare and quit.

I've seen that too.

Hiring part-timers doesn't seem to be a problem, except now days, the ones that want

a job with benefits tend to be older. Some of the younger ones (in school or living at home)

don't seem so concerned with the bennies. They want more on the hour.

Here's a thought;

Benefits after "qualifying" for the job. But if you use them, and quit inside the year....

the employee is responsible for reimbursement.

Just throwing this out there.

Agree or disagree ??

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've seen that too.

Hiring part-timers doesn't seem to be a problem, except now days, the ones that want

a job with benefits tend to be older. Some of the younger ones (in school or living at home)

Here's a thought;

Benefits after "qualifying" for the job. But if you use them, and quit inside the year....

Agree or disagree ??

-Bug-

Disagree.

I think PTers who can still be covered under their parents' plan should have the option of a higher pay rate in lieu of benefits.

I've seen that too.

Here's a thought;

Agree or disagree ??

-Bug-
I like that idea but good luck trying to collect.

I think they should give them a better starting progression. $10 to start and a flat after you make book. Then fifty cents every 6 months for the first four years. That way you would give them some incentive to stay.

Also get rid of the part time pension. That would benefit the workers and the company.
Just put a set amount into their 401k equal to what the company pays out now.

That way if they leave before they are vested, they still get something and the company doesn't have to worry about that liability down the road.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I like that idea but good luck trying to collect.

I think they should give them a better starting progression. $10 to start and a flat after you make book. Then fifty cents every 6 months for the first four years. That way you would give them some incentive to stay.

Also get rid of the part time pension. That would benefit the workers and the company.
Just put a set amount into their 401k equal to what the company pays out now.

That way if they leave before they are vested, they still get something and the company doesn't have to worry about that liability down the road.
Only problem with the 401k thing is then they start putting all of us into something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.