Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadBelly

Banned
Same thing the Division and District managers say about an entry level Center manager. Actually I think the company could run much better if the Ctr. Managers had more flexibility. If you can find an honest one and I know there are some honest ones out there.
Honestly don't you thinks they could give the center manager the flexibility, and also increase their production by giving the the PAS dispatcher job as well. You can cut that management employees job, while making the center manager job more hands on, and efficient. That way the center manager doesn't only have a half day of work like they all do.

Honestly don't you thinks they could give the center manager the flexibility, and also increase their production by giving the the PAS dispatcher job as well. You can cut that management employees job, while making the center manager job more hands on, and efficient. That way the center manager doesn't only have a half day of work like they all do.
Mat be it is a half a day of work, but it takes them 12 to 14 hours to do it.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

I don't necessarily agree with your first change. There is a small percentage (maybe 20%) od the drivers that want or need all the O/T they can get. Either their wife doesn't work or trying to save for a vacation or whatever. They shouldn't have it taken away from them. In fact, it helps reduce the day for others if the Company does it right. Ironic that the Company should already be giving the O/T to guys that want it to prevent 9.5 grievances but they don't. Some guys only want the O/T at Christmas.
I say they put up a list Jan 1 and July 1 and that is their list.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes this whole section should be removed and done away with.

I agree.

You would think it says you cannot have management run the business. Employee's cannot do it. Imagine what would happen if we let you run the company we would be out of business in 5 years.

Just to refresh your memory....

The thread topic is "Contract Proposals". No one is suggesting otherwise.

Look what happened to the pension in your locals.

What happened ?

My Local is covered by the UPS-IBT pension plan, that is 107% funded. (Central Region)

If you need a further education on other pension plans, just ask.

That way the center manager doesn't only have a half day of work like they all do.

Maybe it is a half a day of work, but it takes them 12 to 14 hours to do it.

Center managers are just figureheads....

Regurgitating, the latest talking point they received at the morning call.

They are powerless, in the fact, they can't make decisions.

Regional managers and IE, run the show.

(albeit, from a disadvantaged point of view)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't necessarily agree with your first change. There is a small percentage (maybe 20%) od the drivers that want or need all the O/T they can get. Either their wife doesn't work or trying to save for a vacation or whatever. They shouldn't have it taken away from them.

I don't read it that way.

The drivers that want it, can sign the list "requesting" it. Not the other way around.

Drivers opting "in".... have endured excessive harassment.

It's a change (I think) most pkg drivers would get behind.

But;

Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball.

You should be able to "opt" on to the overtime list, in a reasonable time frame.

-Bug-

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Article 37

Section 2.

"Not more than one (1) member of management will ride with a driver at any time except for the purpose of training management personnel. No driver will be scheduled for more than one (1) day’s ride per year with more than one (1) member of management on the car. Such day will not be used for disciplinary purposes. The sole reason for two (2) management employees on the car is for supervisory training."

Delete this section, in it's entirety.

It's not 1980.... with no seat belt laws.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't read it that way.

The drivers that want it, can sign the list "requesting" it. Not the other way around.

Drivers opting "in".... have endured excessive harassment.

It's a change (I think) most pkg drivers would get behind.

But;

Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball.

You should be able to "opt" on to the overtime list, in a reasonable time frame.

-Bug-
Exactly my point. We opt on for extra Saturday work. Why not opt on for "excessive" OT. It's not like we are asking for 8 hours everyday.

wide load

I don't necessarily agree with your first change. There is a small percentage (maybe 20%) od the drivers that want or need all the O/T they can get. Either their wife doesn't work or trying to save for a vacation or whatever. They shouldn't have it taken away from them. In fact, it helps reduce the day for others if the Company does it right. Ironic that the Company should already be giving the O/T to guys that want it to prevent 9.5 grievances but they don't. Some guys only want the O/T at Christmas.
I say they put up a list Jan 1 and July 1 and that is their list.
You can "opt on" if you want OT. Just like people who sign up for Saturday work.

10 Pt

Yes this whole section should be removed and done away with. You would think it says you cannot have management run the business. Employee's cannot do it. Look what happened to the pension in your locals. Imagine what would happen if we let you run the company we would be out of business in 5 years.
Hey Einstein, the employees didn't manage the pension.
BTW: if your team is so smart why can drivers beat Orion daily?
Area knowledge and good customer relations and service trump your technology schemes every day.
Because of the PAS and Orion debacles your team has quickly facilitated the growth of fdx.
Wear your tin foil hat proudly.

10 Pt

Hey Einstein, the employees didn't manage the pension.
BTW: if your team is so smart why can drivers beat Orion daily?
Area knowledge and good customer relations and service trump your technology schemes every day.
Because of the PAS and Orion debacles your team has quickly facilitated the growth of fdx.
Wear your tin foil hat proudly.
@Dragon ,
In the mid nineties employees were "self directed" and we also dispatched routes by hourly discretion. The net profit for the company didn't diminish (by the earnings they posted) and we were off the clock a lot earlier.
Now, nothing is "normal" in the realm of a consistent route delivery order and customers are agravated enough to go with another carrier who is less expensive but delivers just like we do....
Haphazardly.
You and your mindset has diminished the value of Brown. Arrogance is not a virtue in case you were wondering.

wide load

Article 37

Section 2.

"Not more than one (1) member of management will ride with a driver at any time except for the purpose of training management personnel. No driver will be scheduled for more than one (1) day’s ride per year with more than one (1) member of management on the car. Such day will not be used for disciplinary purposes. The sole reason for two (2) management employees on the car is for supervisory training."

Delete this section, in it's entirety.

It's not 1980.... with no seat belt laws.

-Bug-
Or delete just the "with more than one (1) member of management on the car." and "The sole reason for two (2) management employees on the car is for supervisory training."

wide load

How about raising the minimum cocaine metabolites from 150 nanograms per milliliter to 2000?

Kidding!:laughing2:

hyena

Or delete just the "with more than one (1) member of management on the car." and "The sole reason for two (2) management employees on the car is for supervisory training."
I was thinking the same thing earlier. I was gonna post that but my lunch was over.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
@Dragon ,
In the mid nineties employees were "self directed" and we also dispatched routes by hourly discretion. The net profit for the company didn't diminish (by the earnings they posted) and we were off the clock a lot earlier.
Now, nothing is "normal" in the realm of a consistent route delivery order and customers are agravated enough to go with another carrier who is less expensive but delivers just like we do....
Haphazardly.
You and your mindset has diminished the value of Brown. Arrogance is not a virtue in case you were wondering.
To be fair dragon has no control over any of this...

10 Pt

To be fair dragon has no control over any of this...
To be fair dragon needs to curb his attitude about the hourly who work hard to support his paycheck.
IMG_20170315_182832.jpg

Without drivers who know our customer's needs and work to meet those needs regardless of Orion's demands this company would have lost even more customer base.

NXA

Maybe this is for a regional supplement. But I would like electric exhaust fan install in the cargo areas to blow the hot air out whenever the temperature is over xx degrees in the cargo. It would be cool if it was solar powered but that's not my problem. My problem is friends falling out due, to heat stroke, a few a year in my Center. One of these years it's going to be me.

10 Pt

Maybe this is for a regional supplement. But I would like electric exhaust fan install in the cargo areas to blow the hot air out whenever the temperature is over xx degrees in the cargo. It would be cool if it was solar powered but that's not my problem. My problem is friends falling out due, to heat stroke, a few a year in my Center. One of these years it's going to be me.
That's something that's been needed for years. Especially since our load conditions have deteriorated and the driver has to spend more time back there looking for pkgs.
They can do research and development on flying a drone out of the top of the truck to kill jobs but preventing heat stroke is not their problem.

wide load

That's something that's been needed for years. Especially since our load conditions have deteriorated and the driver has to spend more time back there looking for pkgs.
They can do research and development on flying a drone out of the top of the truck to kill jobs but preventing heat stroke is not their problem.
A few simple fold out vents would work wonders. Two up front that catch and allow air in, two in the rear that exhaust the heat. As you drive, the air flow increases. Probably $50 a truck. Small price for a huge safety issue.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A few simple fold out vents would work wonders. Two up front that catch and allow air in, two in the rear that exhaust the heat. As you drive, the air flow increases. Probably $50 a truck. Small price for a huge safety issue.

Would be torn off within a week from tree limbs and branches

Status
Not open for further replies.