Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I like that idea but good luck trying to collect.

I think they should give them a better starting progression. $10 to start and a flat after you make book. Then fifty cents every 6 months for the first four years. That way you would give them some incentive to stay.

Also get rid of the part time pension. That would benefit the workers and the company.
Just put a set amount into their 401k equal to what the company pays out now.

That way if they leave before they are vested, they still get something and the company doesn't have to worry about that liability down the road.
$10 an hour to start is not enough there are some places where the minimum wage is more than that

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With that mean that you'll never come back to this site again???
I know you have all kind of surepost problems.

I had multiple packages today that I delivered to the house NEXT DOOR. as in I delivered 324 smith street and 322 smith street went to the post office.

So much for proximity stops.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I know you have all kind of surepost problems.

I had multiple packages today that I delivered to the house NEXT DOOR. as in I delivered 324 smith street and 322 smith street went to the post office.

So much for proximity stops.
I thought that UPS and the Teamsters had a meeting a while back to address that. The only sure post package that I delivered is either to the post office or to a house that has a ground delivery attached to it I have never delivered a sure post package to a house by itself

Brownslave688

I thought that UPS and the Teamsters had a meeting a while back to address that. The only sure post package that I delivered is either to the post office or to a house that has a ground delivery attached to it I have never delivered a sure post package to a house by itself
They addressed size and weight but there's no direct wording for what close proximity is.

I'm interested to ask about it Saturday at our union meeting.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
They addressed size and weight but there's no direct wording for what close proximity is.

Please do, I would be curious what the unions stance is on it...I really believe they have no idea how many pkgs do go to the post office on a daily basis .

10 Pt

Please do, I would be curious what the unions stance is on it...I really believe they have no idea how many pkgs do go to the post office on a daily basis .
@BigUnionGuy ,
What would be the acceptable monetary penalty and language in the next CBA for the company illegally subcontracting our negotiated work to the post office?

Commercial stops go there every day. Proximity stops go there every day.

So if an hourly worker gets terminated while making $100,000.00/yr for stealing something that would be a petty theft issue then what would be the proportionate penalty for the company stealing our bargaining unit work by diverting it to the post office?
Triple time pay per package?

It's known theft. They choose to divert it when our system knows which stops are commercial or residential. At the least, it can separate an address next door for a proximity stop.
It's time for penalty pay language for surepost violations.

Brownslave688

@BigUnionGuy ,
What would be the acceptable monetary penalty and language in the next CBA for the company illegally subcontracting our negotiated work to the post office?

Commercial stops go there every day. Proximity stops go there every day.

So if an hourly worker gets terminated while making $100,000.00/yr for stealing something that would be a petty theft issue then what would be the proportionate penalty for the company stealing our bargaining unit work by diverting it to the post office?
Triple time pay per package?

It's known theft. They choose to divert it when our system knows which stops are commercial or residential. At the least, it can separate an address next door for a proximity stop.
It's time for penalty pay language for surepost violations.
I don't understand it. The union should get a weekly report on all surepost stops. With them marked on a map in a different color than our other stops.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I don't understand it. The union should get a weekly report on all surepost stops. With them marked on a map in a different color than our other stops.
What ups will argue is that almost all surepost stops would be proximity to regular ground stops except for the really rural stuff, and just giving those pkgs to the po wouldnt give ups the advantage they need. Personally imo asking to get back packages that are a house or two away from a regular stop isn't enough.... I think it should be a larger area we are talking about...and absolutely no business...

Brownslave688

What ups will argue is that almost all surepost stops would be proximity to regular ground stops except for the really rural stuff, and just giving those pkgs to the po wouldnt give ups the advantage they need. Personally imo asking to get back packages that are a house or two away from a regular stop isn't enough.... I think it should be a larger area we are talking about...and absolutely no business...
If that's the case whatever. Don't put the language in the contract then.

Brownslave688

I think 1/4 mile is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.