Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

What ups will argue is that almost all surepost stops would be proximity to regular ground stops except for the really rural stuff, and just giving those pkgs to the po wouldnt give ups the advantage they need. Personally imo asking to get back packages that are a house or two away from a regular stop isn't enough.... I think it should be a larger area we are talking about...and absolutely no business...
I think 1/4 mile is fair.
Metro and rural should be defined. It's been four years and they surely can do it if they have to pay the affected driver a chunk per violation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@BigUnionGuy ,
What would be the acceptable monetary penalty and language in the next CBA for the company illegally subcontracting our negotiated work to the post office?

That's a good question.

It's time for penalty pay language for surepost violations.

The union should get a weekly report on all surepost stops. With them marked on a map in a different color than our other stops.

There needs to be "tighter" language on the issue.

Let me think, on this one. ;)

(with all of your input)

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's a good question.

(with all of your input)

-Bug-
I think the penalty should be that of total lost revenue per year. That "fine" or abatement should be submitted into the pension system.

wide load

I have to commend a lot of people offering proposals but it's disheartening that some of BC's biggest complainers offered zero input in the form of contract proposals. A lot easier to criticize, critique and complain than offer some solid input while putting yourself out there I guess. I expect a few "disagree", "creative" or "optimistic" now.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I believe SurePost will play a big role in the Saturday expansion, with many routes "rounded out" with Surepost packages that are presently being given to the Post Office in urban areas.

Not saying the language doesn't need to be "tightened up", but no language will be enforceable until that part of the operation is made to be transparent.

Presently, it seems the language we have have was never meant to be enforced.

wide load

I believe SurePost will play a big role in the Saturday expansion, with many routes "rounded out" with Surepost packages that are presently being given to the Post Office in urban areas.

Not saying the language doesn't need to be "tightened up", but no language will be enforceable until that part of the operation is made to be transparent.

Presently, it seems the language we have have was never meant to be enforced.
Maybe we need a consent decree for sure post?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's a good question.

(with all of your input)

-Bug-
"Close proximity" needs to be defined. I honestly don't care if it's 1 mile or .1 mile. But there needs to be a clear definition.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have to commend a lot of people offering proposals but it's disheartening that some of BC's biggest complainers offered zero input in the form of contract proposals. A lot easier to criticize, critique and complain than offer some solid input while putting yourself out there I guess. I expect a few "disagree", "creative" or "optimistic" now.
Many of us don't participate in the Nothingless Fluff ,part 2 thread either (no offense to those who enjoy it, but it makes me dizzy).

I didn't fill out my self check today for the Safety Committee either, nor did i fill out the survey at the Waffle House this morning, sorry.

Very few people actually ever put their selves "out there" on this anonymous site in reality, but I am for sure one who does.

I'll chime in when I think it may be real, or it amuses me.
If that frequency doesn't suit you, step up your game, because your SurePost suggestions didn't fit the bill.

wide load

Many of us don't participate in the Nothingless Fluff ,part 2 thread either (no offense to those who enjoy it, but it makes me dizzy).

I didn't fill out my self check today for the Safety Committee either, nor did i fill out the survey at the Waffle House this morning, sorry.

Very few people actually ever put their selves "out there" on this anonymous site in reality, but I am for sure one who does.

If that frequency doesn't suit you, step up your game, because your last SurePost suggestion didn't fit the bill.
Thank you for validating my original post.

wide load

If that frequency doesn't suit you, step up your game, because your SurePost suggestions didn't fit the bill.

10 Pt

That's a good question.

(with all of your input)

-Bug-
Many on here have posted that the existing language is not enforceable because there's no perimeters on proximity stops and we don't get a readout of the "final mile" addresses so that we can see what's in the bags and dumped at the post office on other routes that affect and encompasses other driver's route areas.
Fixing this hole in the bag of surepost marbles would definitely add jobs and justifiably so.

If we could at least enforce the existing language and add penalty pay for proven violations I believe we would see an expansion of full time jobs at a time when the company wants to kill full time opportunities.

10 Pt

Maybe they can send our final mile address list to us with a drone while we are pretripping.

10 Pt

Or turn those pesky little toys into carwash drones with bristles on the bottom of them.
IMG_20170317_220304.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your right, so I have compiled this list:
Warning, spoiler alert!!!

hyena

But it's easier to complain..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Close proximity" needs to be defined. I honestly don't care if it's 1 mile or .1 mile. But there needs to be a clear definition.

Our PDS uses the same triangle method that we were all taught to use when trying to indirect a signature required residential package-----house on each side and house directly across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.