Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Passively? If you only knew how much reading I do from many sources. But according to you anyone who says something you disagree with should be discounted without considering how they arrived at their conclusions. After all, you haven't researched, you just know. Okey dokey.

You assume a lot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And you have no problem assuming things about others so why not assume things about you?

You assume that people disagreeing with your take are discounting you, or the research you've done. I asked for your evidence that variants have been isolated, still waiting on that one. You are free to assume whatever you want of me, I was honest about how I formed my opinion on the India narrative, I'll be happy to change my mind with some reliable evidence. You saying it was't imported (or as much as other places) last year doesn't even fit with the official narrative, so I wouldn't mind hearing what makes you think that was the case.

I assume the assumptions I make about anyone or anything are at very least not the whole story. I am ok with my assumptions being challenged without feeling like I am being personally attacked. I don't even care that much if people straight up insult me, it's counterproductive, but I'll give as good as I get.

If you can come up with some good reasons for believing the official narrative on India, considering the official narrative is almost always a lie, and more than your conjecture, or telling me you read something that supports your position, I will give your take the credence it deserves. Otherwise, I have no reason to accept your views over mine. Remember, you came after me on this India thing. You don't like my reasoning for having the opinions I have, that's fine. Don't feel bad if I don't accept your reasons for your opinions.

rickyb

Nader Special model?

US manufacturers frequently lower reliability vs asian counterparts. consumer reports top picks are frequently subaru, toyota, lexus, mazda for value luxury.

rickyb

vantexan

You assume that people disagreeing with your take are discounting you, or the research you've done. I asked for your evidence that variants have been isolated, still waiting on that one. You are free to assume whatever you want of me, I was honest about how I formed my opinion on the India narrative, I'll be happy to change my mind with some reliable evidence. You saying it was't imported (or as much as other places) last year doesn't even fit with the official narrative, so I wouldn't mind hearing what makes you think that was the case.

I assume the assumptions I make about anyone or anything are at very least not the whole story. I am ok with my assumptions being challenged without feeling like I am being personally attacked. I don't even care that much if people straight up insult me, it's counterproductive, but I'll give as good as I get.

If you can come up with some good reasons for believing the official narrative on India, considering the official narrative is almost always a lie, and more than your conjecture, or telling me you read something that supports your position, I will give your take the credence it deserves. Otherwise, I have no reason to accept your views over mine. Remember, you came after me on this India thing. You don't like my reasoning for having the opinions I have, that's fine. Don't feel bad if I don't accept your reasons for your opinions.
When you use terms like "passively accept" or throw out that you don't care what researchers say, they haven't proven anything as far as you're concerned, it says to me if your mind is made up there's little to discuss with you.

As far as India is concerned the fact that they are officially cremating several times more than normal speaks volumes. If you're going to say it's all a lie, can't be told otherwise, what more is there to say? As for variants, I'm not in the labs, wouldn't know anything more than what they are telling us. If you refuse to accept that what more is there to say? Other than it's all a big international conspiracy to enslave us all. Okey dokey.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When you use terms like "passively accept"
That one hurt your feelings, huh? I never said that's what you were doing. I was making a general statement.

or throw out that you don't care what researchers say, they haven't proven anything as far as you're concerned, it says to me if your mind is made up there's little to discuss with you.
Never said any of that, you assumed that's what I meant. I reserve the right to evaluate the data the researchers come up with myself. A lot of times, as with masks, the conclusions the researchers state aren't supported by their own data.

As far as India is concerned the fact that they are officially cremating several times more than normal speaks volumes.
Several times more than normal? That proves covid? Why use cremations as the indicating factor? Seems a little odd. It couldn't just be that fewer people can afford burials due to economic restrictions enacted by government? Or that burials have been restricted by the government? Or that cremations are becoming more the norm naturally?

If you're going to say it's all a lie, can't be told otherwise, what more is there to say?
I never said that, you're assuming again. I have done my research on the pandemic in general, there is a lot to know and understand. It is well established that the reported cases and deaths are based on fraudulent tests and reporting methods. It is not unreasonable to assume that any time a geograpgic area is said to be "spiking", that it is a continuation of the same fraudulent system.

You want me to accept what you have come to accept when you admit you haven't done your due diligence on the very fundamental issues concerning the pandemic. Who has isolated the original sars cov 2 virus? Who has isolated the variants? Are they now using tests that are actually designed to be diagnostic? I haven't seen real evidence of any of this. I keep hearing the same claims with no proof. You want me to accept what you accept, help me out. Give me a reason.

As for variants, I'm not in the labs, wouldn't know anything more than what they are telling us.
There you go. Have you read any of the published literature about what they are "telling us"? Have you listened to any alternative explanations from equally credentialed experts? What is your process for vetting the information you choose to accept as true?

If you refuse to accept that what more is there to say?

I have a high bar for evidence, sorry. You need to explain a lot that you admit to not knowing before I would be willing to change my views. If you think I am being unreasonable in my high level of skepticism, why do you think that? Why aren't you unreasonable in your relatively low level of skepticism?

Other than it's all a big international conspiracy to enslave us all. Okey dokey.

Must everyone who challenges the official narrative necessarily conclude "conspiracy"? Why do you think that?

Why is it so hard to believe that people in positions of power might want to lie in order to pursue their interests? Why would you believe that those interests take the average person's well-being into consideration?

People work together towards goals all the time, is that conspiracy?

Do liberals conspire against conservatives to destroy their way of life? Or are they simply pursuing their own interests because they believe in what they are doing?

Why can't bad decisions simply be incompetence, rather than maliciousness?

Are you familiar the concept of groupthink? Do you know what the milgram experiment is, and do you understand the implications of the results?

The interactions between people are complex at the individual level, but people's decision making processes become more predictable when an authority figure is involved. And behavior becomes even more predictable at the group or societal level. It doesn't require conspiracy to see the results we are seeing, but that fact doesn't preclude conspiracy.

vantexan

That one hurt your feelings, huh? I never said that's what you were doing. I was making a general statement.

Never said any of that, you assumed that's what I meant. I reserve the right to evaluate the data the researchers come up with myself. A lot of times, as with masks, the conclusions the researchers state aren't supported by their own data.

Several times more than normal? That proves covid? Why use cremations as the indicating factor? Seems a little odd. It couldn't just be that fewer people can afford burials due to economic restrictions enacted by government? Or that burials have been restricted by the government? Or that cremations are becoming more the norm naturally?

I never said that, you're assuming again. I have done my research on the pandemic in general, there is a lot to know and understand. It is well established that the reported cases and deaths are based on fraudulent tests and reporting methods. It is not unreasonable to assume that any time a geograpgic area is said to be "spiking", that it is a continuation of the same fraudulent system.

You want me to accept what you have come to accept when you admit you haven't done your due diligence on the very fundamental issues concerning the pandemic. Who has isolated the original sars cov 2 virus? Who has isolated the variants? Are they now using tests that are actually designed to be diagnostic? I haven't seen real evidence of any of this. I keep hearing the same claims with no proof. You want me to accept what you accept, help me out. Give me a reason.

There you go. Have you read any of the published literature about what they are "telling us"? Have you listened to any alternative explanations from equally credentialed experts? What is your process for vetting the information you choose to accept as true?

I have a high bar for evidence, sorry. You need to explain a lot that you admit to not knowing before I would be willing to change my views. If you think I am being unreasonable in my high level of skepticism, why do you think that? Why aren't you unreasonable in your relatively low level of skepticism?

Must everyone who challenges the official narrative necessarily conclude "conspiracy"? Why do you think that?

Why is it so hard to believe that people in positions of power might want to lie in order to pursue their interests? Why would you believe that those interests take the average person's well-being into consideration?

People work together towards goals all the time, is that conspiracy?

Do liberals conspire against conservatives to destroy their way of life? Or are they simply pursuing their own interests because they believe in what they are doing?

Why can't bad decisions simply be incompetence, rather than maliciousness?

Are you familiar the concept of groupthink? Do you know what the milgram experiment is, and do you understand the implications of the results?

The interactions between people are complex at the individual level, but people's decision making processes become more predictable when an authority figure is involved. And behavior becomes even more predictable at the group or societal level. It doesn't require conspiracy to see the results we are seeing, but that fact doesn't preclude conspiracy.
Where exactly do you think all those extra deaths are coming from in India? Or do you think they're making it all up? What I'm reading here is a bit of paranoia and conspiracy theory. Not interested in going at it point by point because you'll just hit me with another volume of the same. Death by a thousand cuts, lol!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Where exactly do you think all those extra deaths are coming from in India? Or do you think they're making it all up? What I'm reading here is a bit of paranoia and conspiracy theory. Not interested in going at it point by point because you'll just hit me with another volume of the same. Death by a thousand cuts, lol!

Wait, are you talking about extra deaths? Or extra cremations? Which is it? Did you not realize you changed the subject? Or were you hoping I wouldn't? Are you saying that extra cremations means extra deaths? Non sequitur again. What's your evidence that the extra cremations is a result of extra deaths? What's your evidence that they are having extra deaths? What's your evidence that the extra deaths are from Covid? Your entire opinion is based on appeal to authority and non sequiturs. If that's how you choose to go through life, I can't stop you.

That's fine if you can't defend your own positions, one by one or otherwise. I get that it's easier to just dismiss people who don't agree with you as paranoid conspiracy theorists. I realize it's hard for some people to understand that people lying, or being bad at their jobs, or pursuing their own interests without regard for others does not require conspiracy. We'll add ad hominem to the list of tools you've used so far. What else you got?

vantexan

Wait, are you talking about extra deaths? Or extra cremations? Which is it? Did you not realize you changed the subject? Or were you hoping I wouldn't? Are you saying that extra cremations means extra deaths? Non sequitur again. What's your evidence that the extra cremations is a result of extra deaths? What's your evidence that they are having extra deaths? What's your evidence that the extra deaths are from Covid? Your entire opinion is based on appeal to authority and non sequiturs. If that's how you choose to go through life, I can't stop you.

That's fine if you can't defend your own positions, one by one or otherwise. I get that it's easier to just dismiss people who don't agree with you as paranoid conspiracy theorists. I realize it's hard for some people to understand that people lying, or being bad at their jobs, or pursuing their own interests without regard for others does not require conspiracy. We'll add ad hominem to the list of tools you've used so far. What else you got?
If it makes you happy playing word games have at it. Right now India is going through a disaster where thousands are dying daily from covid. OR SO THEY SAY, according to you. Not based on anything but your opinion. I'm guessing if you were one of the twelve disciples you would've been Thomas. It's important to you to quash anything other than your own opinion and are willing to chase your tail to do so. Whatever makes you happy!

rickyb

is it so hard to imagine india is a disaster. think morsi is on his way out. bolsanaro is hopefully next. down with these right wing extremists

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If it makes you happy playing word games have at it. Right now India is going through a disaster where thousands are dying daily from covid. OR SO THEY SAY, according to you. Not based on anything but your opinion. I'm guessing if you were one of the twelve disciples you would've been Thomas. It's important to you to quash anything other than your own opinion and are willing to chase your tail to do so. Whatever makes you happy!

Who's playing word games? I didn't change my evidence from "increased cremations" to "increased deaths", that was you. I explained that the one does not necessarily follow from the other, and you just called me a paranoid conspiracy theorist. That's not very constructive.

I explained why I doubt covid numbers. But you couldn't address those reasons.

It's not important to me to quash anything, although I don't like being lied to. It's important to me to have good evidence. If good evidence is hard to find, good reasoning will do, preferably I would have both. Just because I don't accept poor evidence and reasoning as the basis for forming my opinions doesn't mean It's important for me to quash everything.

I remind you, again, that you came after me about my India comment. You were the voluntary enforcer of the official narrative, and when I questioned you about it, you not only refused to provide credible evidence, you act like I'm the one being unreasonable. It seems to me more like you're the one who has a thing with quashing stuff you don't agree with. Sorry, your crocodile tears don't move me a millimeter.

Poop Head

Judge me.
20210510_074816.jpg

vantexan

Who's playing word games? I didn't change my evidence from "increased cremations" to "increased deaths", that was you. I explained that the one does not necessarily follow from the other, and you just called me a paranoid conspiracy theorist. That's not very constructive.

I explained why I doubt covid numbers. But you couldn't address those reasons.

It's not important to me to quash anything, although I don't like being lied to. It's important to me to have good evidence. If good evidence is hard to find, good reasoning will do, preferably I would have both. Just because I don't accept poor evidence and reasoning as the basis for forming my opinions doesn't mean It's important for me to quash everything.

I remind you, again, that you came after me about my India comment. You were the voluntary enforcer of the official narrative, and when I questioned you about it, you not only refused to provide credible evidence, you act like I'm the one being unreasonable. It seems to me more like you're the one who has a thing with quashing stuff you don't agree with. Sorry, your crocodile tears don't move me a millimeter.
No, you made statements about India covid numbers being untrue. I asked where you got that from. Launched you into diatribes.

Box Ox

And you cuckservatives are scared of a black and brown America. Thx for playing.😂
The quarter to half black kids I know are better looking than full whites like myself. Look forward to our future as long as we can appreciate each other as people who are happy to be in each others' company and not choose to stay apart along racial lines. We seem to be gravitating more toward the latter right now

MAKAVELI

The quarter to half black kids I know are better looking than full whites like myself. Look forward to our future as long as we can appreciate each other as people who are happy to be in each others' company and not choose to stay apart along racial lines. We seem to be gravitating more toward the latter right now
That's a white supremacist's nightmare. Lol