Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
@zubenelgenubi ... I don't think you fully appreciate what it would've meant for millions to get sickened daily here. All transportation, policing, retail etc. would've shut down. Hospitals swamped with the sick and dying. We did the right thing by social distancing when we did. Credit goes to the Trump administration for Warp Speed. Thank GOD we have the vaccine. We're lucky here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wouldn't matter who the leaders were if we had 2,000,000 people a day in America catch COVID. It would've overwhelmed everything. The most important thing leaders could've done from the start was tell the truth. That didn't even happen.

Which is fine, except that the lockdowns were the exact opposite of what was needed. It was known that the predictive study they used was flawed, and they ignored and humiliated the scientists pointing that out. I could even forgive Fauci for his role in creating the pandemic if every decision he promoted to combat it didn't seem like he intended to make things worse.

The Driver

I drive.
Which is fine, except that the lockdowns were the exact opposite of what was needed. It was known that the predictive study they used was flawed, and they ignored and humiliated the scientists pointing that out. I could even forgive Fauci for his role in creating the pandemic if every decision he promoted to combat it didn't seem like he intended to make things worse.
I saw plenty of models that suggested we would lose 600,000+ before this was over and done with. And people laughed at that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@zubenelgenubi ... I don't think you fully appreciate what it would've meant for millions to get sickened daily here. All transportation, policing, retail etc. would've shut down. Hospitals swamped with the sick and dying. We did the right thing by social distancing when we did. Credit goes to the Trump administration for Warp Speed. Thank GOD we have the vaccine. We're lucky here.

That's all made up garbage designed to make it seem like the response wasn't the failure it was. They could have done a much better job with targeted responses and without shutting so much down. If only they listened to the experts who were more right most of the time instead of the ones who never were.

The Driver

I drive.
That's all made up garbage designed to make it seem like the response wasn't the failure it was. They could have done a much better job with targeted responses and without shutting so much down. If only they listened to the experts who were more right most of the time instead of the ones who never were.
I'm talking about social distancing and masking, not totally shutting ourselves down. We did the right thing by social distancing and masking, to the extent that we did. You're acting like we totally froze up. Mischaracterization.

MAKAVELI

So we can agree that Drumpf's response was a total failure.

It will be fine

No, we don't support people who actually commit and cover up crimes against humanity.
If you don’t support free speech of people you disagree with, do you really support free speech? The right has set the expectation that private companies need to protect free speech, making up arbitrary limits to that seems disingenuous.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If you don’t support free speech of people you disagree with, do you really support free speech? The right has set the expectation that private companies need to protect free speech, making up arbitrary limits to that seems disingenuous.

Funding illegal gain of function research and hiding everythinh you knew about it for 14 months while misdirecting the response to the pandemic you created is free speech to you? Hmmm... bizarre.

Box Ox

Funding illegal gain of function research and hiding everythinh you knew about it for 14 months while misdirecting the response to the pandemic you created is free speech to you? Hmmm... bizarre.
Is that the subject of his book?

fauci-book-pulled-amazon.png