Coronavirus

Fenris

Correct me if I’m wrong because I’m not that good at math or virology or statistics. But wasn’t the conclusion of that working paper basically ‘get the vaccine’?
It was an interesting read but nothing about the vaccine, nothing that can be inferred to get the vaccine. The existence of COVID mortalities does not equate to the need for universal vaccination.

Sportello

It was an interesting read but nothing about the vaccine, nothing that can be inferred to get the vaccine. The existence of COVID mortalities does not equate to the need for universal vaccination.
The last sentences of the article:

Instead, the best policy response may be pharmaceutical interventions in the
form of vaccinations and therapeutics when they become available. Early evidence suggests that initial vaccination efforts have led to large reductions in COVID-19 incidence (Christie 2021; X. Chen et al. 2021; Haas et al. 2021). Policy efforts to promote vaccination are thus likely to have large positive impacts.

Non sequitur

form of vaccinations and therapeutics when they become available. Early evidence suggests that initial vaccination efforts have led to large reductions in COVID-19 incidence (Christie 2021; X. Chen et al. 2021; Haas et al. 2021). Policy efforts to promote vaccination are thus likely to have large positive impacts.
Brought to you by the NIH. You building a resume or something.

Fenris

You are correct, guess I was losing focus after all of the detailed sections and glossed over the summary. I still don't know that A implies B for everybody but if you are over 65 or obese I would recommend the vaccine.

wilberforce15

Depending on what side you are on, vaccinated or unvaccinated.
No, it doesn't depend on what side you're on.

The curve looks like that because for 4 months of that interval almost nobody was vaccinated at all. That means all the fake covid deahts go down as unvaccinated covid deaths.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No, it doesn't depend on what side you're on.

The curve looks like that because for 4 months of that interval almost nobody was vaccinated at all. That means all the fake covid deahts go down as unvaccinated covid deaths.
There are still hospitalizations and deaths but only in the unvaccinated group. That's why I say to forget about it and let it rip.