Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
It has happened before dozens of times with vaccines. There is a mechanism and a possibility. ADE wouldn't have come up in the current trials because they weren't long enough.
It has happened before but not with these vaccines. The characteristics of ADE didn't show up in trials and still haven't shown up. They've been following the trial participants since trial inception.

Stop your fear mongering.

wilberforce15

It has happened before but not with these vaccines. The characteristics of ADE didn't show up in trials and still haven't shown up. They've been following the trial participants since trial inception.

Stop your fear mongering.
"Still haven't shown up" - there are hints that it is starting in the experimental group, as severe cases in vaccinated people are on the rise. It used to be that vaccinated were almost absent from hospitals. Now, the slope is severely increasing, and you know it. We don't know what the slope looks like from here.

That's why there are trials. And you refused to have them. You are the experimental group.

The Driver

I drive.
"Still haven't shown up" - there are hints that it is starting in the experimental group, as severe cases in vaccinated people are on the rise. It used to be that vaccinated were almost absent from hospitals. Now, the slope is severely increasing, and you know it. We don't know what the slope looks like from here.

That's why there are trials. And you refused to have them. You are the experimental group.
The experts are telling us that the delta variant is much more infectious. As a result, more of the vaccinated population is catching this. Many are surely asymptomatic and will never know they are infected. But they aren't showing up in the hospitals as a huge percentage of the total sick with this disease.

Take comfort, scaredy cat. Stop fear mongering.

wilberforce15

The experts are telling us that the delta variant is much more infectious. As a result, more of the vaccinated population is catching this. Many are surely asymptomatic and will never know they are infected. But they aren't showing up in the hospitals as a huge percentage of the total sick with this disease.

They aren't showing up in hospitals as a huge percentage of the total sick.

They ARE showing up in hospitals as an increasing percentage of the total sick. Their proportion of the total sick is increasing quickly.

And you don't know where that slope goes, or if it eventually exceeds the unvaccinated risk, because you haven't done the science or the trial.

wilberforce15

Scaredy cat?

I'm not scared of anything. I never stopped going to group functions. Never wore the mask in dumb places like stores. Never stopped having weddings, funerals, and holidays. Never changed my life in any meaningful fashion. I got covid, as just about everyone will. I was fine. And I'm still doing everything the same as 2019.

Going on with my life is the opposite of fear. Your world has crashed down by your fear.

wilberforce15

ADE is not a known factor with these vaccines. Period.
Correct. It is not a KNOWN factor with these vaccines, because you didn't look, didn't give it time to appear, and deny it now that some signs are appearing.

You see the language games?

The proportion of vaccinated among the severe cases is increasing every day, and you know it. Where does the upward curve stop? We don't know. Because you didn't do science.

The Driver

I drive.
Correct. It is not a KNOWN factor with these vaccines, because you didn't look, didn't give it time to appear, and deny it now that some signs are appearing.

You see the language games?

The proportion of vaccinated among the severe cases is increasing every day, and you know it. Where does the upward curve stop? We don't know. Because you didn't do science.
The experts HAVE looked and see no evidence of ADE with these vaccines.

No signs are appearing. You are full of :censored2:. The people ending up with breakthrough cases are mild and show no cause for concern that ADE is emerging.

I appreciate your skepticism but in light of all that science knows about the virus and the risks of ADE with these vaccines you are being overly defiant.

wilberforce15

The experts HAVE looked and see no evidence of ADE with these vaccines.

No signs are appearing. You are full of *. The people ending up with breakthrough cases are mild and show no cause for concern that ADE is emerging.

I appreciate your skepticism but in light of all that science knows about the virus and the risks of ADE with these vaccines you are being overly defiant.
The vaccinated are making up an increasing proportion of severe cases. That's raw fact. It used to be none. Then it was a few percent. Now it's more. We don't know where that stops, but this is exactly the progression one would expect if ADE were a problem.

We're flying blind because you didn't do science.

wilberforce15

The burden of proof is on you. You’re making the claim that ADE is a problem.
I didn't say there was ADE. I said that the progression we're seeing right now is what would be expected if there were ADE.

I said we didn't look for ADE. We didn't give it time. Now that we have time, the vaccinated are rapidly increasing in proportion among severe cases. We will see, in the end, if that upward trend continues.

oldngray

nowhere special
1-Pelosi.png