Coronavirus

rickyb

Centralized government is all about power
government can be powerful and corrupting too. representative democracy is supposed to be politicians carrying out the democratic goals ppl have set. democracy is supposed to be participation in power, 1 person 1 vote. democracy cuts against power

Thebrownblob

government can be powerful and corrupting too. representative democracy is supposed to be politicians carrying out the democratic goals ppl have set. democracy is supposed to be participation in power, 1 person 1 vote. democracy cuts against power
Unfortunately, a pure democracy never accomplishes that because it becomes Mob rule. There can be no liberty when the many control the few. It always ends at the point of a gun.

rickyb

Unfortunately, a pure democracy never accomplishes that because it becomes Mob rule. There can be no liberty when the many control the few. It always ends at the point of a gun.
Im not sure about that bc i they dont talk about it enough. Ill try and look it up. I know u are partly right.

I say can there be liberty when the few control the many? thats wat we currently have at work and even outside of work if you think everything is a lie.

Im not sure about the connection between democracy and violence either

Thebrownblob

Im not sure about that bc i they dont talk about it enough. Ill try and look it up. I know u are partly right.

I say can there be liberty when the few control the many? thats wat we currently have at work and even outside of work if you think everything is a lie.

You can quit your job if you have liberty and start your own business. It’s not a guarantee, but you have the right to pursue your happiness.

Last edited:

vantexan

What you can do is find out what's available to you and pursue that. You seem to think government can be used to give you the life you want but all you'll end up with is a new master telling you how you must live. The only freedom we truly have is in our mind. When we work for someone else we are fulfilling what they want. Is there freedom in having a lot of money? Not if you spend it all trying to have some lifestyle. You'll always be pursuing more money to maintain that lifestyle. Freedom is learning to be content with what you have. Knowing that it's nice to have things but also knowing the tradeoff in giving your precious time, blood, sweat, and tears to get the money to have those nice things. Only you can decide if it's worth the effort. Believing that an all powerful government will level the playing field and give you what you want and everyone else too is a fantasy that people indulging in has resulted in famine and misery and death wherever it has been tried. Your freedom starts and ends in your mind. If you aren't free there you'll never be free anywhere else.

rickyb

What you can do is find out what's available to you and pursue that. You seem to think government can be used to give you the life you want but all you'll end up with is a new master telling you how you must live. The only freedom we truly have is in our mind. When we work for someone else we are fulfilling what they want. Is there freedom in having a lot of money? Not if you spend it all trying to have some lifestyle. You'll always be pursuing more money to maintain that lifestyle. Freedom is learning to be content with what you have. Knowing that it's nice to have things but also knowing the tradeoff in giving your precious time, blood, sweat, and tears to get the money to have those nice things. Only you can decide if it's worth the effort. Believing that an all powerful government will level the playing field and give you what you want and everyone else too is a fantasy that people indulging in has resulted in famine and misery and death wherever it has been tried. Your freedom starts and ends in your mind. If you aren't free there you'll never be free anywhere else.
Happiness is a choice but its no excuse for economic or govt power

Usa govt leveled the playing field with 100% maximum income tax proposal during the new deal

Most ppl are not free in their mind and its related to the power in the economy

rickyb

You can quit your job if you have liberty and start your own business. It’s not a guarantee, but you have the right to pursue your happiness.
How happy can you expect ppl to be when bosses have so much power?

Im not familiar with liberty argument, but this isnt freedom

Thats great ppl can quit assuming they have the resources to quit

Thebrownblob

How happy can you expect ppl to be when bosses have so much power?

Im not familiar with liberty argument, but this isnt freedom

Thats great ppl can quit assuming they have the resources to quit
Lol most people don’t have the resources to start a business they take a chance. Most wealthy people fail several times before they succeed.

You Cannot have freedom without liberty, which would explain why you don’t understand what freedom is.

vantexan

Happiness is a choice but its no excuse for economic or govt power

Usa govt leveled the playing field with 100% maximum income tax proposal during the new deal

Most ppl are not free in their mind and its related to the power in the economy
100% maximum income tax was only on income above a certain amount and was done away with. Actually I think it was 90%.

But that has nothing to do with what I posted. You aren't free in your own mind because you think that others could make your life better for you. It's on you, no one else.

rickyb

100% maximum income tax was only on income above a certain amount and was done away with. Actually I think it was 90%.

But that has nothing to do with what I posted. You aren't free in your own mind because you think that others could make your life better for you. It's on you, no one else.
It was 100% on about 500,000 in todays dollars

Others can and do make my life better. its called helping ppl and it will give you long term sustainable joy, not short term pleasure

rickyb

Lol most people don’t have the resources to start a business they take a chance. Most wealthy people fail several times before they succeed.

You Cannot have freedom without liberty, which would explain why you don’t understand what freedom is.
I was talking about resources to even quit a job.

Im not sure i believe in ppl acting like :censored2:s if that means liberty