Coronavirus

Up In Smoke

upload_2020-3-30_12-34-39.png
upload_2020-3-30_12-34-39.png Current UK numbers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why do you keep lying when you know better?

Look it up, troll. Trump was warned by our own people this was very serious. He ignored them, and messaged the country that it wasn't a big deal. Remember Trump's words? On tape for everyone to see.

Fake News?

rickyb

trump saying if 100,000 to 200,000 americans die from corona he will have done a good job!

ralph nader has frequently warned against the war on terrorism and that we should be focusing our resourcing on superbugs. animal agriculture putting us at risk with their over use and abuse of antibiotics!

Box Ox

what?

they should be measuring deaths per capita

Yep. Which is why it's dumb to look at a chart displaying raw case numbers and say "X is a disaster".

All infections per capita charts are doing is taking those raw case numbers that are dumb to judge by due to varying levels of testing and dividing it by the population number. It's still dumb.

rickyb

Yep. Which is why it's dumb to look at a chart displaying raw case numbers and say "X is a disaster".

All infections per capita charts are doing is taking those raw case numbers that are dumb to judge by due to varying levels of testing and dividing it by the population number. It's still dumb.
i agree the govts arent counting hte numbers but its all we have. on wikipedia, some per capita charts say US on par with many other western countries in terms of cases and deaths, and certainly not the worst.

but we've wasted time and resourcing fighting hte war on terror when we shouldve been fighting global warming and superbugs and nukes.

rickyb

Just because I don't agree with your claim that Trump said 100,000 dead Americans would be great doesn't mean I think Trump's response has been anywhere near a 10/10.
now if you think the corona virus numbers arent accurate, would you believe me if i said the US unemployment numbers last 10 years werent accurate?

Box Ox

now if you think the corona virus numbers arent accurate, would you believe me if i said the US unemployment numbers last 10 years werent accurate?

There's a difference between trying to use obviously flawed data in an argument about COVID-19 cases and choosing which measurement used to report unemployment statistics is most accurate.