Coronavirus

vantexan

You wonder, really?
I'm sure they would research in an attempt to find any supporting position.

Kinda like these leftist jackals that go back to the crusades to manufacture a parity between "christians" and the current Islamo fascist purification of infidels.
Yes Floridays when I say wonder I'm being extremely specific, not vague at all, not facetious, not ironic. You got me big fella, guilty as charged, no hedging here.

M

MenInBrown

Maybe similar to the 1918 flu pandemic, but not any normal severe flu year.
I’m sorry you don’t believe the doctor. You can actually read what he said in the New England journal or medicine. On March 26 Dr Fauci said it was more similar to a severe flu pandemic than like sars or MERS. I believe the last severe flu was in 1968 with Hong Kong flu. 1918 killed like 50 million people. Covid is not a virus that will do that.

WASHINGTON (AP) — As the first alarms sounded in early January that an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China might ignite a global pandemic, the Trump administration squandered nearly two months that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
WASHINGTON (AP) — As the first alarms sounded in early January that an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China might ignite a global pandemic, the Trump administration squandered nearly two months that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment.

Oh but didn't you hear, it is/was all the state's faults! The federal stockpile is only for the those who kiss the tRump rump! Hell, they even had to change the National website to cover for that lie!

Oh but didn't you hear, it is/was all the state's faults! The federal stockpile is only for the those who kiss the tRump rump! Hell, they even had to change the National website to cover for that lie!
A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.

oldngray

nowhere special
782768.jpg

Because of the fractured federal response to COVID-19, state governors say they’re now bidding against federal agencies and each other for scarce supplies, driving up prices.

“You now literally will have a company call you up and say, ‘Well, California just outbid you,’” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, D-N.Y., said Tuesday. “It’s like being on eBay with 50 other states, bidding on a ventilator.”

HHS did not respond to questions about why federal officials waited to order medical supplies until stocks were running critically low. But President Donald Trump has asserted that the federal government should take a back seat to states when it comes to dealing with the pandemic.

When an AP reporter attempted to ask Trump about the issue on Sunday, the president cut off the question.

Trump spent January and February playing down the threat from the new virus. He derided warnings of pandemic reaching the U.S. as a hoax perpetrated by Democrats and the media. As the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a global public health emergency on Jan. 30, Trump assured the American people that the virus was “very well under control” and he predicted “a very good ending.”

newfie

Hes just waiting for Vald to tell him what to da

if trump actually ran rough shod over the states then he would be following russian doctrine. otherwise I do enjoy you folks desperately hanging onto your russian collusion fantasy after its been debunked so many ways.