Coronavirus

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you do not have the ability to articulate, reach for the bag of memes.
1581659555525.png

Box Ox

The CDC's RRRRRRRRRRRRACISSSSSST take:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

"CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and which has now been detected in 37 locations internationally, including cases in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”)."

"Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people such as with MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and now with this new virus (named SARS-CoV-2).

The SARS-CoV-2 virus is a betacoronavirus, like MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. All three of these viruses have their origins in bats. The sequences from U.S. patients are similar to the one that China initially posted, suggesting a likely single, recent emergence of this virus from an animal reservoir.

Early on, many of the patients in the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, China had some link to a large seafood and live animal market, suggesting animal-to-person spread. Later, a growing number of patients reportedly did not have exposure to animal markets, indicating person-to-person spread."

It will be fine

The CDC's RRRRRRRRRRRRACISSSSSST take:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

"CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and which has now been detected in 37 locations internationally, including cases in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”)."

"Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people such as with MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and now with this new virus (named SARS-CoV-2).

The SARS-CoV-2 virus is a betacoronavirus, like MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. All three of these viruses have their origins in bats. The sequences from U.S. patients are similar to the one that China initially posted, suggesting a likely single, recent emergence of this virus from an animal reservoir.

Early on, many of the patients in the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, China had some link to a large seafood and live animal market, suggesting animal-to-person spread. Later, a growing number of patients reportedly did not have exposure to animal markets, indicating person-to-person spread."
It’s a beta virus. Talk to me when an alpha virus shows up.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The vaccine is largely ineffective though. There are too many strains and variations of the flu. It’s pretty much an educated guess the year before as to which strands will be prominent the next year. Too many people that don’t get the shot even if it was effective.
An ad hoc disagreement on that opinion.
I get the flu vaccine every year in August/September and I have not had the flu in over 30 years.
My wife, a dumbs:censored2:t when it comes to vaccines, has had the flu 6 times in that time period ... and I never caught it from her.
I also get a pneumonia vaccine every year and she has had pneumonia twice and I did not get it from her.
I also got the shingles vaccine this year so I'm protected for 5 years ... fairly common for people my age to get it.

I get all vaccines recommended by my doctor and AETNA and I'm still here and never had any side effects.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
An ad hoc disagreement on that opinion.
I get the flu vaccine every year in August/September and I have not had the flu in over 30 years.
My wife, a dumbs:censored2:t when it comes to vaccines, has had the flu 6 times in that time period ... and I never caught it from her.
I also get a pneumonia vaccine every year and she has had pneumonia twice and I did not get it from her.
I also got the shingles vaccine this year so I'm protected for 5 years ... fairly common for people my age to get it.

I get all vaccines recommended by my doctor and AETNA and I'm still here and never had any side effects.

The dreamers disease

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
the flu vaccine is just the flu being shot into your system
To trigger an immune response, yes?
Dead or weakened flu cells which triggers your immune system to create immune cells, called lymphocytes, which respond by producing antibodies that attack the flu viruses in the vaccine. Sort of like training the immune system.
I have been diabetic since I was 24 which typically means one's immune system is compromised and that is why I get vaccines.

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
We should put Democrats in charge and let them have their way and have open borders, what could go wrong?

Not a thing.

Elizabeth Warren wants to defund Trump’s border wall and use the money to fight coronavirus

Key Points
  • Elizabeth Warren unveils legislation to defund President Donald Trump’s border wall and direct the money toward the coronavirus response in the U.S.
  • Democrats have argued the $1.25 billion in emergency funds the president has requested is inadequate to counter the outbreak.
  • Warren is among the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates who have focused more on coronavirus this week as concerns grow about it spreading in The U.S.
  • :wornout: