Coronavirus

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
in that county, now do the math for 330 million
Doesn't matter ... the percentage of the total population is the only thing that matters.
Furthermore, the population density for that area would only be relevant for urban/super urban areas.
Has no relevance to to my county which has less than 200,000 or 1/10th the population density.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Read somewhere that this coronavirus ( maybe a different strain ) came thru a lot of the U.S. back in November. Scores of people are saying they had minor symptoms back then.

Testing for antibodies in these people would confirm this.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I wouldn’t classify a 4% infection rate as far more widespread than known.
here let me do the math, take 4 percent times 330 million is 13 million then mutiple that by 4 or 5 whatever you think the rate of infection is for the virus thats 40 to 50 million, people who did not go take a cornovirus test

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Massachusetts has released a list of the worst hit cities and towns.
My small town , Census 2010 lists 3410 residents in an area of basically 1 sq mile, was on the listed as having a higher rate { based on a population of 100K people } than the State Capital of Boston whose area is 89 sq miles. 733 vs 663. We have just 24 cases with 2 deaths, while Boston has had over 4K cases.

Massachusetts coronavirus cases: The number in each town, city | Boston.com

It will be fine

here let me do the math, take 4 percent times 330 million is 13 million then mutiple that by 4 or 5 whatever you think the rate of infection is for the virus thats 40 to 50 million, people who did not go take a cornovirus test
They tested a “random” sample and got 4% of participants had antibodies. Why are you multiplying that by a random 4 or 5?

Jkloc420

They tested a “random” sample and got 4% of participants had antibodies. Why are you multiplying that by a random 4 or 5?
thats the infection rate of the virus and it might be higher, the people they tested are people who just sweated the virus out. They did not go get a virus test. Then you use the infection rate because of who they came in contact with

Jkloc420

Put it this way i had symptons of the virus in December, at the time nobody knew what it was. So say i tested postive for antibodies. This means most likely i passed the virus on at some point and whoever i passed it to should have antibodies. This of course happens after your body fights the virus off