Coronavirus

Babagounj

Strength through joy
i dont think they're padding the count i think they're realizing that despite everyone being in lock down isolation this disease is not going away. We cant keep the country in lockdown forever so they will have to spin the tale of improvement and get this country moving and everyone back to their jobs.

dont stop wearing gloves and masks this :censored2: aint over
I have heard, from a medical person, that the US Gov't pays each hospital a certain amount of money for each person that they have to put a tube down their throats. Don't recall the proper terminology used.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I have heard, from a medical person, that the US Gov't pays each hospital a certain amount of money for each person that they have to put a tube down their throats. Don't recall the proper terminology used.
The government by law has to reimburse the hospital for treating the Chinese Virus.

If they treat someone without insurance for the flu, they get nothing.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Yes friend, hospitals get paid for the procedures they perform. Same as it has always been. Don't recall you ever saying you didn't want to be paid for work you have done!!!!

zimbomb

Donald Trump:
A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful. Steve, please. some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful. Steve, please.

zimbomb

You guys have so diluted the word "racist" that it's actually more offensive to be called an idiot.

Yep. Liberal fake news.

They use the drugs incorrectly in the wrong people and then pretend the massive success in New Rochelle doesn't even exist.

And all because they hate Trump. You're looking at nothing less than an attempted coup.

54,256 dead Americans, 960,650+ known infected. America set a weekend day record with 2,056 dead today. America is just starting its peak. America will hit another milestone this week with 1 million known infected.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
China is fighting a second wave of coronavirus as Beijing shuts down gyms and cities

New coronavirus cases have forced Chinese gyms to close - just weeks after reopening.
The country appeared to be getting a stranglehold on the killer bug, which first emerged in the city of Wuhan, but is now facing up to a second wave of infection.
People returning to China from overseas are once again being ordered to quarantine, while health clubs and swimming pools are shutting amid fears of a new spike in the disease.

Harbin, a city of around 10 million people in north-eastern China's Heilongjiang province, has adopted draconian quarantine measures against the coronavirus.
Harbin, had already ordered isolation for those arriving from outside China or key epidemic areas. Heilongjiang has been at the forefront of China's latest efforts to identify infected citizens arriving from Russia, with which it shares a border, to curb the spread of the virus.

27548358-8257519-Harbin_the_provincial_capital_and_the_biggest_city_of_Heilongjia-a-20_1587864430797.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
An ancient virus in the human brain
Viruses may be behind the human brain's flexibility and intelligence that differentiate humans from other animals.

The neurons of animal brains, including human brains, hold the genetic remnants of an ancient viral infection that may be key to how thought processes work, researchers reported in two papers in the journal Cell in January. The researchers discovered that a gene called Arc, which is found in four-limbed animals, is a genetic code leftover from an ancient virus. Moreover, they found that this gene is crucial to nerve cells' ability to build certain types of tiny packages of genetic material and send them off to other nerve cells. This process explains how nerve cells exchange the information that is needed for reorganization of cells.

Brain functions including conscious thought and the concept of the "self" may only be possible because of this process, the researchers said. And if the process does not work properly, the synapses, or the junctions between the neurons, may become dysfunctional. More research is needed to understand how the Arc gene became a part of the animal genome, and exactly what information is passed from one neuron to another because of instructions from Arc, they said.

Though it may sound surprising that bits of human genetic code come from viruses, it's actually more common than you might think:
A review published in Cell in 2016 found that between 40 and 80 percent of the human genome arrived from some archaic viral invasion.
Unraveling the Human Genome: 6 Molecular Milestones

That's because viruses aren't just critters that try to make a home in a body, the way bacteria do. It injects its genetic code into its host's cells and hijacks them, turning them to its own purposes — typically, that means as factories for making more viruses. This process is usually either useless or harmful to the host, but every once in a while, the injected viral genes are benign or even useful enough to hang around

Viruses.jpg

Last edited:

fishtm2001

Images of farmers destroying tomatoes, piling up squash, burying onions and dumping milk shocked many Americans who remain fearful of supply shortages. At the same time, people who recently lost their jobs lined up for miles outside some food banks, raising questions about why there has been no coordinated response at the federal level to get the surplus of perishable food to more people in need, even as commodity groups, state leaders and lawmakers repeatedly urged the Agriculture Department to step in. That's nice.