Coronavirus

newfie

In 2014 the two people who contracted ebola in the USA were nurses, who treated ebola patients. Both recovered.

In 2020 The Coronavirus has around 85,000 cases world wide, with 3000 deaths.

Not sure if BUG can handle this much reading. Hopefully it helps.

you did a comparison of 2 cases of ebola in the us to 85000 cases of corona in the world? there were 11500 deaths attributed to ebola in the world during the 2014-16 outbreak.

you spin nonsense worse then the ny times

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
He has zero clue. Worst possible person to be "leading" the fight against a potential pandemic.
And just what can he do? I know what I would do. Close the borders. But you wouldn't like that would you? "I want illegals coming here and taking legal citizens jobs. Coronavirus be damned!"

542thruNthru

No but I am in a mid age crisis like @542thruNthru

tenor-37.gif

watdaflock?

you did a comparison of 2 cases of ebola in the us to 85000 cases of corona in the world? there were 11500 deaths attributed to ebola in the world during the 2014-16 outbreak.

you spin nonsense worse then the ny times
Suppose facts are considered a spin? Ebola had little means of transmission, as only close contact to bodily fluids such as blood and sweat could spread it on. It was nowhere near as contagious as the conoravirus.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Suppose facts are considered a spin? Ebola had little means of transmission, as only close contact to bodily fluids such as blood and sweat could spread it on. It was nowhere near as contagious as the conoravirus.
The common cold is just as contagious. BTW, you should read The Hot Zone if you haven't already. Fantastic book.

newfie

if facts are your concern then you'll agree that the coronavirus is relatively less contagious then many diseases and certainly less of a threat the the common flu. its contagious nature is basically identical to ebola while ebola has a much higher mortality rate
its not good for political theater and destroys your trump bash but factual none the less.

corona virus.jpeg

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
someone say pandemic? how about the flu?

View attachment 284716
A part of me wants to tell you to stop and let them wallow in their ignorance. But the reality is that they won't do any homework anyway so your posts are appreciated. These are trying times. Too many idiots who can't think for themselves. I just hope there are more like me when I get into my silver years. I don't believe there will be.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
A part of me wants to tell you to stop and let them wallow in their ignorance. But the reality is that they won't do any homework anyway so your posts are appreciated. These are trying times. Too many idiots who can't think for themselves. I just hope there are more like me when I get into my silver years. I don't believe there will be.
If it can be exploited for political purposes ... it will be.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Just a heads up to those who aren’t even slightly worried about this virus.

If it spreads to your area and you are forced to quarantine, you will be laid off from UPS and you won’t have your health insurance anymore so you can’t go to the hospital to be treated for your pneumonia.
Wrong.

quad decade guy

Specialized respirators are key to stopping spread of coronavirus to medical staff | Live Science
About 280 medical staff in the hospital's Respiratory, ICU and Infectious Diseases departments wore N95 respirators and washed their hands frequently, while about 215 in the departments of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Trauma and Microsurgery, and Urology wore no masks and disinfected their hands less frequently. Although the respirator group encountered confirmed cases more often than the unmasked group — more than 730% more often — no one in the respirator group became infected.

In comparison, 10 people in the unmasked group contracted the novel disease, despite treating fewer infected patients.

I see the going price is now $60 to $1000 per mask.

Ok. Gonna wear that mask 24/7? Ever breathe unfiltered air anywhere at anytime? How

are you going to bathe, eat or drink? Bubble Boy?