Coronavirus

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The novel coronavirus has probably been spreading undetected for about six weeks in Washington state, where the first U.S. death from covid-19 was reported this weekend. A genetic analysis of the virus from a newly diagnosed patient in Snohomish County closely matched that of a specimen from the first known coronavirus patient in the United States, who traveled from China in January.
The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that these cases are linked through community transmission, researchers say, and that this has been going on for weeks, with hundreds of infections likely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/01/coronavirus-live-updates/

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The novel coronavirus has probably been spreading undetected for about six weeks in Washington state, where the first U.S. death from covid-19 was reported this weekend. A genetic analysis of the virus from a newly diagnosed patient in Snohomish County closely matched that of a specimen from the first known coronavirus patient in the United States, who traveled from China in January.
The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that these cases are linked through community transmission, researchers say, and that this has been going on for weeks, with hundreds of infections likely.

I mean there is no stopping it at this point. We’ve got a new seasonal virus. People need to accept it.

35years

Gravy route
Ok. Gonna wear that mask 24/7? Ever breathe unfiltered air anywhere at anytime? How

are you going to bathe, eat or drink? Bubble Boy?

Don't be obtuse.

Would I wear one at all times?

No.

If there was an outbreak in my city and thousands were dying would I wear one when going to a hospital for skmething unrelated?

Absolutely.

quad decade guy

Don't be obtuse.

Would I wear one at all times?

No.

If there was an outbreak in my city and thousands were dying would I wear one when going to a hospital for skmething unrelated?

Absolutely.

Obtuse? Maybe. Now are you talking about yourself? Cause if you don't breathe purified air at all

times, you are pretty much urinating in the wind...obtusely.

newfie

and those hundreds are still alive? to @watdaflock? point to maximize the hysteria by going to percentages. that would mean hundreds with one death would equal a mortality rate of no better the .5 percent?

vantexan

and those hundreds are still alive? to @watdaflock? point to maximize the hysteria by going to percentages. that would mean hundreds with one death would equal a mortality rate of no better the .5 percent?
That's hundreds infected that haven't shown symptoms yet. Let it explode like it has in South Korea and watch the panic.

watdaflock?

Yeah, let's throw in some Christian bashing while we're at it. When the AIDS epidemic was slamming Africa full grown men were having sex with little girls, even babies because it was believed having sex with a virgin would cure you. Scientific ignorance is not the equivalent of having faith in an unseen deity and praying to him. Science can neither prove or disprove the existence of God but pretty certain they can explain how viruses work if only the wilfully ignorant would listen.
Did you happen to read the message I quoted? It was Muslim bashing, so I followed suit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I mean there is no stopping it at this point. We’ve got a new seasonal virus. People need to accept it.

Yeah, except this one kills at a very high rate compared to the flu. 34 deaths reported in Italy today alone. Are you willing to accept a probable pandemic with the potential to totally disrupt the economy and everyday lives?

Japan is closing all of it's schools this coming week, and it won't be long before we are experiencing similar outbreaks here. If someone gets it at your center, you'll probably all be sent home etc.

Quit making excuses to save Trump, and care about your fellow human beings. This is not about politics, but about saving lives.