Decline of the Middle Class

It will be fine

SS is a line item that is taken out of everyone's check, or a payment they make. Medicaid is a current hand out that goes, in large part to people that don't work. Medicare is for seniors, medicaid is for indigent care.
60% of working age non-disabled people that receive Medicaid are working.

vantexan

I paid into it. Why should I get a little bit more than somebody who paid a lot less into it?
Ponsi scheme...
Because SS was never intended to be your sole source of income. You'll get a bigger check because you made more, but since you made more you'll also be able to fund other retirement accounts. It's insurance against extreme poverty for the poor, but just another component of your retirement for you.

Because SS was never intended to be your sole source of income. You'll get a bigger check because you made more, but since you made more you'll also be able to fund other retirement accounts. It's insurance against extreme poverty for the poor, but just another component of your retirement for you.
I don't like the welfare system. That's my money, I earned it.

vantexan

You voted for em'.
True, I sat down with every candidate I ever voted for, gave them a list of what I believed to be the things needed most, hammered out a compromise, then had them sign a statement that was then notarized. Imagine my shock that they didn't honor that agreement! The noive!!

bbsam

Staff member
That's not making any sense. Why should I only get a few hundred dollars more a nmont than someone that made half of what I made?
Because we’re talking generationally. If the boomers ran up trillions in debt for following generations (credit cards) but did great at saving for their retirement (SS)...well how is that even close to fair?

vantexan

I don't like the welfare system. That's my money, I earned it.
Then vote for candidates who'll end it. Sounds to me like you think if they're getting $12k a year out of it, you ought to be getting $40k. There's not enough money in the world to pay everyone what they think they ought to get.

Because we’re talking generationally. If the boomers ran up trillions in debt for following generations (credit cards) but did great at saving for their retirement (SS)...well how is that even close to fair?
That would be like you saying I made more money than you , i should pay $3 for a loaf of bread while you pay 99¢ a loaf

What's stopping them from working an extra part time job,like I did?

vantexan

SS applies to everyone, not just boomers. Let's face it, you see all those matching funds you're shelling out for your employees and think that should be going into your pocket. You already do much better than them but want more.

bbsam

Staff member
SS applies to everyone, not just boomers. Let's face it, you see all those matching funds you're shelling out for your employees and think that should be going into your pocket. You already do much better than them but want more.
That’s not how Fedex works. If that tax went away, the next financial negotiations would reflect that in X’s favor.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
True, I sat down with every candidate I ever voted for, gave them a list of what I believed to be the things needed most, hammered out a compromise, then had them sign a statement that was then notarized. Imagine my shock that they didn't honor that agreement! The noive!!
Pfffttt.
You voted for the (R) every time.
You're no mystery buddy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We live in a representative republic where leaders are held accountable. The voting public, the boomer generation, you van, are responsible. It is not a mischaracterization to say that future generations will have to pay for a generation that refused to “pay as you go”. The boomer generation ran up the credit card and wants to skip town.
It's funny to listen to people who form their opinions based on 'group think'.
In this case, it was clunky and a bit funny.