demonstration

moreluck

golden ticket member

101430_600.jpg

804brown

(NYP) — Hell no, we won’t go — unless we get goose down pillows.
A key Occupy Wall Street leader and another protester who leads a double life as a businessman ditched fetid tents and church basements for rooms at a luxurious hotel that promises guests can “unleash [their] inner Gordon Gekko,” The Post has learned.

The $700-per-night W Hotel Downtown last week hosted both Peter Dutro, one of a select few OWS members on the powerful finance committee, and Brad Spitzer, a California-based analyst who not only secretly took part in protests during a week-long business trip but offered shelter to protesters in his swanky platinum-card room.

“Tents are not for me,” he confessed, when confronted in the sleek black lobby of the Washington Street hotel where sources described him as a “repeat” guest.

Spitzer, 24, an associate at financial-services giant Deloitte, which netted $29 billion in revenue last year, admitted he joined the protest at Zuccotti Park several times.

“I’m staying here for work,” said Spitzer, dressed down in a company T-shirt and holding a backpack and his suitcase. “I do finance, but I support it still

Oh the NY Post?? LOL. I purposely bought the NY pest the day after I attended the Nov 17 protest and rally just to see what they actually write about and compare it to what I saw. LOL They are such a joke. "Working stiffs tied up by OWS", I am a working stiff and was surrounded by other working stiffs. Later in the day in Foley sq there were over 30,000 working stiffs in the streets!! This hit piece was pointing to people waiting long waits for their buses, etc. However, the problem wasnt us the protesters!! We were on the sidewalks, the cops saw to that!! It was the cops who were lining every street which made buses delayed or diverted!!

In another "journalistic" article it talks about protesters throwing glass/broken bottle at a cop and he got 20 stitches. Truth is a protester dressed as Capt America had a star shaped piece of glass as part of his costume and the cop got cut when making an arrest.
Another NY pest beauty: "cops confiscated a dozen metal devices that the protesters had planned to use to lock themselves tpgether..." Those devices are called chains!!

Article after article, the "writers" are quoting mostly cops, or bloomberg or people waiting for a bus.

Also while writing about the bloodied protester, they write "authorities say: when cops chased after him and "in the process of resisting arrest" he hit his head on the ground!!
Truth is he was thrown to the ground, a ground not of dirt and grass but granite.

Oh and I almost forgot, the Pest's headlines were: "Demi dumps Ashton" Real journalism!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Article after article, the "writers" are quoting mostly cops, or bloomberg or people waiting for a bus.

Primarily because every other word out of the mouth of the Occutards are unprintable.

I think the movement has some good gripes and concerns but the participants appear to be the crumbs of society who contribute little or nothing to the American society and represent the movement very badly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Primarily because every other word out of the mouth of the Occutards are unprintable.

I think the movement has some good gripes and concerns but the participants appear to be the crumbs of society who contribute little or nothing to the American society and represent the movement very badly.
That's right, everybody else is at work taking care of their responsibilities.

804brown

Go visit an occupation and talk to the people there. "Unprintable"?? Why because they might curse?? I heard intelligent kids speaking about complicated issues: consumerism, capitalism, imperialism, miliatirism, police state, poverty, debt.

Now you call them "crumbs of society"?? They are our kids, society's kids. They feel hopeless about making it in today's world . They have every right to be pissed off and demanding we take a good look at our societial problems and actually address them instead of just political happy talk.

You think they "contribute little or nothing" to our society??? If they are successful, they will be heroes!! This movement is just beginning. Stop listening to the corporate media and the corporate state's politicians!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

804, I just gave you pos rep for your contributions to this thread. You have given me a perspective of this movement that I have been unable to get from my evening news. Dave.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(LA Times) — Crime continues to be an issue at Occupy L.A.’s camp at City Hall.

The Los Angeles Police Department said arrests in the general area around the camp are up, including charges of disorderly conduct, drug violations, public drunkenness and lewd acts.

In the nearby L.A. Mall, a CVS employee said that $730 worth of toiletries, alcohol and first-aid supplies had been stolen from the store over a two-week period in late October. In the report filed Oct. 27 with mall security, the employee said “thefts were occurring because [of] the newly frequent visits from the Occupy L.A. people.”

Occupy L.A. representatives didn’t dispute the claim, noting that many of the protesters don’t have jobs or money.

Serious crimes more than doubled in the area around Occupy Los Angeles during the first 45 days since the protesters began their encampment, LAPD officials said.

OK this isn't about the protest but is related to WS bailouts....
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A company run by the former CEO of American International Group Inc. is suing the government for $25 billion in damages over its taxpayer bailout of the big insurer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today’s Washington Post Style page offers up this beyond-satire account of Dylan Bozlee of Hilo, Hawaii, who, the Post explains:
Dylan Bozlee, of Hilo, Hawaii, has his foot taped by volunteer EMT David McClintock of Philadelphia at the Occupy Philadelphia encampment at City Hall on Nov. 15. Bozlee dropped dropped out of college at the University of Hawaii to join Occupy, and says he’d rather travel across America than get a job. “Do I want to work? Only if I wanted a home, wife, kids and a dog. If not, I think you’re ruining your life,” he said. Before the march, Bozlee was a member of the Class Warfare camp at Zuccotti Park in New York, where he says he joined other anarchists in teaching passersby about the concept of warfare of the lower classes against the upper class.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are suppose to be doing their lie-in at all the black Friday stores. I feel sorry for the demonstrators.....If they thought the U.C. Davis cops were tough.......wait'll they see a Black Friday Shopper !! Shoppers will kill them if they lay in between bargain & shopper!

Why do they want to hassle stores where people actually have a job and work?

Friday could be the most violent day since the onset of OWS.

804brown

This is great. The Messiah is giving a speech (Using his Telepromptor of course) and some OWS protesters start shouting him down. Then afterwards he is handed a note. Guess what the note reads...

Watch video and see what the note says:

Occupy protester hands President Obama a note | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Like I have been saying the OWS do not support Obama and his administration: not his embrace of bush imperialism or his continuing reagan era austerity on the poor and working class as well as continuing bush tax cuts for the wealthy.

804brown

Here is the vision statement of OWS worked out over the weekend:

We Envision: [1] a truly free, democratic, and just society; [2] where we, the people, come together and solve our problems by consensus; [3] where people are encouraged to take personal and collective responsibility and participate in decision making; [4] where we learn to live in harmony and embrace principles of toleration and respect for diversity and the differing views of others; [5] where we secure the civil and human rights of all from violation by tyrannical forces and unjust governments; [6] where political and economic institutions work to benefit all, not just the privileged few; [7] where we provide full and free education to everyone, not merely to get jobs but to grow and flourish as human beings; [8] where we value human needs over monetary gain, to ensure decent standards of living without which effective democracy is impossible; [9] where we work together to protect the global environment to ensure that future generations will have safe and clean air, water and food supplies, and will be able to enjoy the beauty and bounty of nature that past generations have enjoyed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here is the vision statement of OWS worked out over the weekend:

We Envision:
[1] a truly free, democratic, and just society;

[2] where we, the people, come together and solve our problems by consensus;

[3] where people are encouraged to take personal and collective responsibility and participate in decision making;

[4] where we learn to live in harmony and embrace principles of toleration and respect for diversity and the differing views of others;

[5] where we secure the civil and human rights of all from violation by tyrannical forces and unjust governments;

[6] where political and economic institutions work to benefit all, not just the privileged few;

[7] where we provide full and free education to everyone, not merely to get jobs but to grow and flourish as human beings;

[8] where we value human needs over monetary gain, to ensure decent standards of living without which effective democracy is impossible;

[9] where we work together to protect the global environment to ensure that future generations will have safe and clean air, water and food supplies, and will be able to enjoy the beauty and bounty of nature that past generations have enjoyed.

This sounds somewhat like my homeowners association mission statement for our house up in the mountains.
That's about 20 families.

Is it safe to assume this was written by a graduate from a liberal arts college that is having a hard time finding a job?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Here is the vision statement of OWS worked out over the weekend:"

They've been messing up property and costing us $$$$ (police and such) and they just got thier mission over the weekend. They are about as productive as the stupor committee.