Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
More of an issue with my time being manipulated to squeeze one more day out of me. I know it is a simple question and yes going in to see my hours in the morning and I have also contacted my steward.

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Demand to see the DOT HOS sheet in the AM. You AND the company will get fined if you drive and are over hours.

You do not trust the UPS DOT hours available. I've never had them off by much, but the first thing we were told is that WE as in I am 100% responsible for tracking my own hours. The only time mine have been off is on a paper timecard and the person entering info transposes numbers.

This is no joke...the fines can be very large...something like $11k for UPS and $2,750 for you.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Funny some of you guys think 60 hours a week is a lot. You've had it good for too long. Until I became a driver, it was always 2 jobs 60 hrs a week year after year after year just to get by. Same for lots of people out there.
Brother, I was doing 14 hours at the dealership, and 4-5 hours at UPS.. 6 days a week!! 70 hour work weeks ain't :censored2:! I'm loving these 50-60 hour weeks.. I actually gain family time when I started driving.. lots of these older drivers that Bitch and complain started driving really young and never experienced work life away from UPS.. UPS is cake work to me!

Box Ox

but the first thing we were told is that WE as in I am 100% responsible for tracking my own hours.

Where I am, if drivers are at risk of running out of hours on a Friday (or rare Saturday), they all have to 1 on 1 with the center manager and acknowledge that they have "x" number of hours left and are to be punched out by "y" no matter what.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Brother, I was doing 14 hours at the dealership, and 4-5 hours at UPS.. 6 days a week!! 70 hour work weeks ain't :censored2:! I'm loving these 50-60 hour weeks.. I actually gain family time when I started driving.. lots of these older drivers that Bitch and complain started driving really young and never experienced work life away from UPS.. UPS is cake work to me!
What parts counter at a dealership is open 14 hours a day? Dealerships are open about as much as banks.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok so if exceed 60 in 7 days and 70 in an 8 day period you are forced to reset correct?

You are either forced to reset or at least wait long enough until some of your hours fell off.

This will not be the case if you just work Mon-Fri. The rolling 60 is more for drivers working 7 days a week.

If you already have 60, or 70 hours in the last 5 days, no, you cannot drive tomorrow.

35years

Gravy route
More of an issue with my time being manipulated to squeeze one more day out of me. I know it is a simple question and yes going in to see my hours in the morning and I have also contacted my steward.
Don't let them fool you into "well you were only off property for 55 hours".
60 hours worked=no more driving.
Steward may not know his stuff if they are manipulating hours.
Print off the DOT wording here...
Summary of Hours of Service Regulations
"60/70-Hour Limit
May not drive after 60/70 hours on duty in 7/8 consecutive days. A driver may restart a 7/8 consecutive day period after taking 34 or more consecutive hours off duty."

You have a legal right to see your hours worked for the week.
Stand your ground.

AutoZone

BrownPower
What parts counter at a dealership is open 14 hours a day? Dealerships are open about as much as banks.
You idiots don't stop! I was a parts manager for about a year.. a service manager for about 9 years! go work your part time shift bud.. even you ft managers still work part time hours! Your Soft as melted butter on your mommas hot :censored2:!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They are probably going to try to tell you your 15 minute breaks don't count so that's at least a half hour extra each day...which is a complete lie...last Friday I was supposed to be off by 515 and they told me I had to be off by 745...there is no such thing as a cool supervisor...they will screw you any chance they get

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They are probably going to try to tell you your 15 minute breaks don't count so that's at least a half hour extra each day...which is a complete lie...last Friday I was supposed to be off by 515 and they told me I had to be off by 745...there is no such thing as a cool supervisor...they will screw you any chance they get

Lunch and meal do not count because you would be off-duty.

I have seen UPS do some sketchy things to employees but where I am DOT hours are never messed with. In package they would babysit guys who were close but in feeders it is all on me.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Lunch and meal do not count because you would be off-duty.

I have seen UPS do some sketchy things to employees but where I am DOT hours are never messed with. In package they would babysit guys who were close but in feeders it is all on me.
Yea lunch doesn't county but your other breaks do count

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Yea lunch doesn't county but your other breaks do count

Break and meal count towards your daily 14 hours but not the weekly 60 hours.

Being paid is not the determining factor in whether you are on or off-duty. If on break you are free of all responsibility and free to leave your vehicle unattended the break time does not count towards your 60 or 70 hours.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Break and meal count towards your daily 14 hours but not the weekly 60 hours.

Being paid is not the determining factor in whether you are on or off-duty. If on break you are free of all responsibility and free to leave your vehicle unattended the break time does not count towards your 60 or 70 hours.
Lol

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

The paragraphs below were copied directly from the 2015 DOT hours of service handbook. This isn't rocket science...Unless you're a Bama fan. LOL

By understanding the defnition of on-duty time, you will get a good idea of what is considered off-duty time. In order for time to be considered off-duty, you must be relieved of all duty and responsibility for performing work. You must be free to pursue activities of your own choosing and be able to leave the place where your vehicle is parked.
If you are not doing any work (paid or unpaid) for a motor carrier, and you are not doing any paid work for anyone else, you may record the time as off-duty time.