dow 24000

BrownArmy

Social distancing..... ever seen the market floor?

My impression was that the market floor is just a prop for the media at this point...

It’s not like the old days, where people on the floor were screaming BUY BUY SELL SELL.

Things are largely automated now, is anyone actually on the floor?

Legit question, IDK

Up In Smoke

Your logic is defective.
My statement and your reply are disconnected.

$8.6 Trillion - The amount of assets managed by public and private-sector pension plans in the U.S. at the end of 2018, according to the Investment Company Institute.

That means that a 30% investment in quality high yield stocks (typical of a pension fund) is still 2.5 Trillion.
Maybe not half but still considerable.
Market is worth approximately 30 trillion dollars so 2.5 trillion equals about 8% of the market.

Re-Raise

I moved about 70 percent of my reserves into the market this morning . thrilled to see that market move this afternoon.
i dont know if the market has bottomed out for sure but I think the bad news has possibly bottomed out.
Trump has now called this about everything he can call it with the national state of emergency.
In the process it sounds like he will release another 50 billion dollars of spending.
about everything that can be shut down now has been shut down
Trump hinted that some travel restrictions are being reviewed for release and some to be removed.
Fed meets next week and drops the interest rate next week.
the strong economy we have plus the extra jet fuel should really help .
Brilliant!