dow 24000

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you believe this pull back is a result of the virus scare and the media's bias.
Mostly yup.
I think the market is pricing in lower earnings because of the drastic actions being taken. Actions that are excessive and a result of liberal media and politicians pushing fear for political points.

Knowing that the media is against our leadership and pushing disaster rhetoric, Russia has seized on the opportunity to start an oil war.

If anyone else was president we would be coming together as a country. But the Democrats are hell bent on tearing this country apart because of their TDS.

Up In Smoke

Mostly yup.
I think the market is pricing in lower earnings because of the drastic actions being taken. Actions that are excessive and a result of liberal media and politicians pushing fear for political points.

Knowing that the media is against our leadership and pushing disaster rhetoric, Russia has seized on the opportunity to start an oil war.

If anyone else was president we would be coming together as a country. But the Democrats are hell bent on tearing this country apart because of their TDS.
This is your opinion and you're welcome to it, but remember that 90% of the stock market is owned by the richest 10% of the population. I just can't see institutional and hedge fund investors being swayed by CNN and MSNBC. The economic indicators were leaning towards a 10-15% pull back. The tax cuts were not delivering the robust profits that were forecasted, GDP was not hitting expected numbers, personal income, consumer spending, new home sales and unemployment numbers had all weakened. I don't care who is in the White House, my concern is that policies are written to improve the lives of all Americans. The current policies, in my opinion were written with the top 10% in mind.

This is your opinion and you're welcome to it, but remember that 90% of the stock market is owned by the richest 10% of the population. I just can't see institutional and hedge fund investors being swayed by CNN and MSNBC. The economic indicators were leaning towards a 10-15% pull back. The tax cuts were not delivering the robust profits that were forecasted, GDP was not hitting expected numbers, personal income, consumer spending, new home sales and unemployment numbers had all weakened. I don't care who is in the White House, my concern is that policies are written to improve the lives of all Americans. The current policies, in my opinion were written with the top 10% in mind.
What about all of the pension plans?

12819.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
:bsbullf:
Half of the stock market is owned by institutional investors aka pension funds.
Anymore lies and :bsbullf: You want to dump on us.
Geez! Another dumb flock.

Up In Smoke

Pension funds can't afford to be heavily vested in the stock market. Typically pensions will have less than 30% of it's holdings in the the market. Today they invest in a variety of asset classes like private equity, real estate, infrastructure (municipal bonds) and securities that hedge inflation. They're obligated to steady growth.

Pension funds can't afford to be heavily vested in the stock market. Typically pensions will have less than 30% of it's holdings in the the market. Today they invest in a variety of asset classes like private equity, real estate, infrastructure (municipal bonds) and securities that hedge inflation. They're obligated to steady growth.
They also assume an 8% return

Up In Smoke

The market prices in future earnings. When the media and liberals scare the entire country into thinking the world is ending what do you think is going to happen.
I just don't believe that the Board of Directors at Black Rock watch Lemon and Hayes all day and determine whether to buy or sell. They do the research to determine the effect all social and economic factors have on future earnings.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I just don't believe that the Board of Directors at Black Rock watch Lemon and Hayes all day and determine whether to buy or sell. They do the research to determine the effect all social and economic factors have on future earnings.
You think the board of directors of black Rock are the only people who spend money in the economy?

Ttku demwit....
Earnings are going to be lower because the media and liberals have pushed fear and taken unnecessary actions that hurt the economy. The market is pricing that into valuations. It's not that complicated.

You think the board of directors of black Rock are the only people who spend money in the economy?

Ttku demwit....
Earnings are going to be lower because the media and liberals have pushed fear and taken unnecessary actions that hurt the economy. The market is pricing that into valuations. It's not that complicated.
Utility stocks for beat up hard. They are almost at a quarter at a a century prices ago

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
:bsbullf:
Half of the stock market is owned by institutional investors aka pension funds.
Anymore lies and :bsbullf: You want to dump on us.
Geez! Another dumb flock.
Your logic is defective.
My statement and your reply are disconnected.

$8.6 Trillion - The amount of assets managed by public and private-sector pension plans in the U.S. at the end of 2018, according to the Investment Company Institute.

That means that a 30% investment in quality high yield stocks (typical of a pension fund) is still 2.5 Trillion.
Maybe not half but still considerable.

BrownArmy

Ttku demwit....

That’s a little overblown.

The media is the media...

I suppose one could make the same argument about FOX NEWS doing their level best to tank Obama...

But that’s not how things work.

Again, you’re complaining that the media and politicians are political.

Duh