dow 24000

Box Ox

Actually it would be wonderful because it would mean we are on the way down.

I don't think it will happen the way everyone is not staying put.

Coming down from peak deaths would be wonderful. Packing churches full of old people on April 12 would not be wonderful.

oldngray

nowhere special
Guess what: It wouldn't be wonderful. The thought that the virus will be controlled enough for churchgoers (who are generally an older population) to safely pack churches for Easter on April 12 is either incredibly naive or incredibly self-serving.

Trump needs to be a big boy about this and speak the truth. CDC says we're 3-6 weeks away from peak coronavirus deaths. He only pulled Easter out of his ass because he thinks that'd look great for him if it somehow magically worked out. But it won't happen because the adults in the room will speak up about it.
With social distancing the worst should be over around Easter but I agree more time is needed to make sure things have passed.

newfie

Guess what: It wouldn't be wonderful. The thought that the virus will be controlled enough for churchgoers (who are generally an older population) to safely pack churches for Easter on April 12 is either incredibly naive or incredibly self-serving.

Trump needs to be a big boy about this and speak the truth. CDC says we're 3-6 weeks away from peak coronavirus deaths. He only pulled Easter out of his ass because he thinks that'd look great for him if it somehow magically worked out. But it won't happen because the adults in the room will speak up about it.

the problem with you liberals is you take his statement of hope and bash him for it. He's the leader he has to steer the ship and set the goals.
the fact is there has to be an end to this shut down and as our president (yours too) has said in many ways
at some point we have to take everything we have learned on how to seperate , how to isolate when needed ,how to stay clean and get back to work.

we cant starve the country . So instead of you A-holes just lobbing grenades. Give him some input on when and how we can do it. there's a lot of out of work critics right now and staying out of work forever is not the answer.
at some point we have to figure out how to minimize the risk and get out country cranking again.

I read your answer and I'm shocked that you of all people would act so freaking naive.

newfie

Coming down from peak deaths would be wonderful. Packing churches full of old people on April 12 would not be wonderful.

I didnt see the executive order mandating that so I' guessing that there will be a decision made a little closer to that date?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Right now the market is running on emotions more than anything else. This stimulus pak is giving people confidence so the stocks are up lately.

However this is FAR from over cause CV cases has not even come close to peaking so sit tight for more of a roller coaster ride.

we are still buying. dollar cost averaging.