dow 24000

newfie

Height of the 08 crash had 10% unemployment. We’re going to double that this time. I think a lot of retail won’t survive to come back after it’s over.
brick and mortar retail yes. online shippers are blown out and hiring. these events tend to accelerate existing trends . that appears to be happening here.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yeah, I don't think the reality of what's happening has really sunk in yet. We're looking at double-digit unemployment.
agree. I think the other problem is going to be the FED dragging their feet on this stimulus package. if they mail out the checks too soon they will have to do another stimulus when the new unemployment numbers comein or this thing lasts beyond May which I think it will.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
agree. I think the other problem is going to be the FED dragging their feet on this stimulus package. if they mail out the checks too soon they will have to do another stimulus when the new unemployment numbers comein or this thing lasts beyond May which I think it will.
These quarantines are stupidity.
Throwing money at people is stupidity.

Go back to work, accept the reality that no one lives forever, move on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
i'm hearing resi routes that are close to peak volume due to everybody sitting home and ordering online
It's crazy busy. They were begging yesterday for drivers to work today. If it is so bad, where is all the money coming from?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Yes and the residential volume is much more costly for company to deliver then you add in the lack of air volume and a lack of business volume to suck a good quarter for UPS
I would agree with your statement about residential, but the fact that we are delivering two or three boxes to every third house would suggest we are making a bit more profit on the resis.

I would agree with your statement about residential, but the fact that we are delivering two or three boxes to every third house would suggest we are making a bit more profit on the resis.
It takes a lot more time and a lot more fuel to deliver 100 residential packages versus 100 business packages plus the air volume is way down That's the real money later though