Driver falls out of truck = Dies

Guitarman01

Can't wait till ground takes over everything. Is that still happening? I think they really pumped the brakes and are probably rethinking everything once again.

I can tell you some stations are running the ground app forge at Express, and it's been so poorly implemented and thought out with apparently zero communication with the Express side of the business, that it's been absolutely shocking even more than usual at the level of competence and planning.

This will absolutely not work with contractors and their drivers the way it is now.
Total failure. It's only been remotely feasible because of the quality of staff at some stations. Other stations it's been an absolute dumpster fire and that's with staff that know Express. This is also without a single ground package.

FedupExpress

Can't wait till ground takes over everything. Is that still happening? I think they really pumped the brakes and are probably rethinking everything once again.

I can tell you some stations are running the ground app forge at Express, and it's been so poorly implemented and thought out with apparently zero communication with the Express side of the business, that it's been absolutely shocking even more than usual at the level of competence and planning.

This will absolutely not work with contractors and their drivers the way it is now.
Total failure. It's only been remotely feasible because of the quality of staff at some stations. Other stations it's been an absolute dumpster fire and that's with staff that know Express. This is also without a single ground package.
Bro, nothing is happening... Even if they tried fedex is beyond incompetent and will fail at everything they do.

Aquaman

Bro, nothing is happening... Even if they tried fedex is beyond incompetent and will fail at everything they do.
This company half bakes everything. They always have some grand plan that is never implemented well. The TNT purchase was a disaster. Response was a mess. E-Star was embarrassing. Postal contract loss has 500+ union pilots with nothing to do. The Freight spinoff will likely be a trainwreck. Drive 2.0 is short sighted. This company doesn’t know what to do. There’s no economic swing we’re ever prepared for. It’s a joke of a company and anybody treating it like anything else is a massive dork.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
This company half bakes everything. They always have some grand plan that is never implemented well. The TNT purchase was a disaster. Response was a mess. E-Star was embarrassing. Postal contract loss has 500+ union pilots with nothing to do. The Freight spinoff will likely be a trainwreck. Drive 2.0 is short sighted. This company doesn’t know what to do. There’s no economic swing we’re ever prepared for. It’s a joke of a company and anybody treating it like anything else is a massive dork.
I disagree.

Upper management typically has perfectly viable 30-day plans for acquisitions and major system changes, that are nearly ALWAYS followed for up to 14 days.

After that, the frontline employees are to blame.

Consider yourself lucky that FedEx doesn’t build bridges or airplanes!

Aquaman

I disagree.

Upper management typically has perfectly viable 30-day plans for acquisitions and major system changes, that are nearly ALWAYS followed for up to 14 days.

After that, the frontline employees are to blame.

Consider yourself lucky that FedEx doesn’t build bridges or airplanes!
Part of planning and implementing changes is knowing whether or not your frontline employees will even follow the change. These morons here enact changes to the operation without considering the employees that work the operation. Smart companies uhhhh don’t do that…

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is the same app that the typical doofus Ground clown uses without any problem, barely any training, and with twice as many stops and packages as the typical Express courier (who thinks he's far superior to every Ground driver). The only major complaint we're getting on the Express side is the inability to print ASTRA labels as you PUP packages.

If you think FORGE is a big cluster, then it's on you.

Guitarman01

This is the same app that the typical doofus Ground clown uses without any problem, barely any training, and with twice as many stops and packages as the typical Express courier (who thinks he's far superior to every Ground driver). The only major complaint we're getting on the Express side is the inability to print ASTRA labels as you PUP packages.

Lol. No. I'm not speaking just for myself or just my station. I'm also not talking about the simplicity of the app itself.
Everything has been a step back and slower process compared to what it was. The routes it generates don't even make service. Following the sequence? Lol don't do it. It's worse than e star. Yeah it's better if you straight line everything. Forge hasn't been designed yet to make service, no wonder its a ground app.
Kind of rude there buddy. It's not just the app I'm talking about but the entire process from start to finish including less knowledge managers and drivers are given before the freight even arrives.

Tell me what's better about forge or more efficient compared to Express besides being able to scan ground packages?
They don't even have it set up right to drop off packages at hold locations. That's the kind of major oversights I'm talking about that leaves a person wondering who's really in charge if anyone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lol. No. I'm not speaking just for myself or just my station. I'm also not talking about the simplicity of the app itself.
Everything has been a step back and slower process compared to what it was. The routes it generates don't even make service. Following the sequence? Lol don't do it. It's worse than e star. Yeah it's better if you straight line everything. Forge hasn't been designed yet to make service, no wonder its a ground app.
Kind of rude there buddy. It's not just the app I'm talking about but the entire process from start to finish including less knowledge managers and drivers are given before the freight even arrives.

Tell me what's better about forge or more efficient compared to Express besides being able to scan ground packages?
They don't even have it set up right to drop off packages at hold locations. That's the kind of major oversights I'm talking about that leaves a person wondering who's really in charge if anyone.
Sounds like @59 Dano is part of the problem, not part of the solution!

Aquaman

Why are you saying that ops employees aren't capable of doing things differently?
Because this is what’s called a Groundhog Day job. Frontline employees mostly do the exact same thing every day, their own favored way. On road a courier is essentially his own boss. Trying to implement massive changes to employees that mostly answer to no one all day, is difficult.

Aquaman

You dorks roll out an app that can’t print labels IN a stop…. Courier gets 30+ relabels at a stop and gets an earful for a bad gap report lol. That’s FedEx.

It will be fine

You dorks roll out an app that can’t print labels IN a stop…. Courier gets 30+ relabels at a stop and gets an earful for a bad gap report lol. That’s FedEx.
I think it’s pretty crazy you guys have drivers printing labels to begin with. That doesn’t seem like a good use of time on road.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Printing labels? Lol
BA02E486-CF42-4BCB-AB4E-C11FF9BF90A7.jpeg

Yes. The Astra routing labels that look like this.

Fergus Mahoney

From what I have seen on the ground is Express management never implements new procedures. They try then employees push back and it's over. Ops level management are just lazy couriers that got promoted and very few have leadership qualities that it takes. They just keep a culture in where the majority just show up to work. But when a corporation takes away all the benefits that made it a career and turned it into a job, respect is hard to come by. Everyone has different experiences though.