Election 2016

Babagounj

Strength through joy
pros-cons-trump-hillary.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
every week someone trys to put a ceiling to Trumps support , every week he breaks through that ceiling. No one has been able to accurately gauge this guy and where his support will stop.
His problem is "specifics". Somehow, he manages to avoid having to name the specifics of his various plans. Cruz is just starting to address that and maybe it's too little too late.
Donald will get testy about specifics when someone holds his feet to the fire. If not, he'll easily be the candidate.

newfie

His problem is "specifics". Somehow, he manages to avoid having to name the specifics of his various plans. Cruz is just starting to address that and maybe it's too little too late.
Donald will get testy about specifics when someone holds his feet to the fire. If not, he'll easily be the candidate.

He's slowly releasing his plans. Yesterday he released his health care plan proposals hours before the debate. I'm not sold on Trump but I like the disruption of the status quo and I think its actually smart to delay the release of details and keep his base focused on a few key details. When you watch the debate yesterday Rubio would speak at a clip of about 300 words a minute trying to squeeze too much info into his 60 second burst. the key message gets lost when you do that.

for me what I want to see is how Trump pulls it all together after pissing off half the world.

JL 0513

Could be a turn around for Cruz!!

Cruz was never going anywhere as so many predicted. Time for a two man race. Rubio had an awful night. It's time for him to let reality set in. He looks like he'll stick around for Florida but will likely face embarrassment there. Kasich should already be gone.

Current delegate estimates,

Trump: 384
Cruz: 296

It's really not too far off from each other, and a lot to go. A convention fight is really looking likely because I think Trump and Cruz continue to split states the rest of the way.

The win that surprised the most was Cruz winning big in Maine. Liberal New England state handing the most conservative senator a big win!

newfie

Cruz was never going anywhere as so many predicted. Time for a two man race. Rubio had an awful night. It's time for him to let reality set in. He looks like he'll stick around for Florida but will likely face embarrassment there. Kasich should already be gone.

It's really not too far off from each other, and a lot to go. A convention fight is really looking likely because I think Trump and Cruz continue to split states the rest of the way.

The win that surprised the most was Cruz winning big in Maine. Liberal New England state handing the most conservative senator a big win!

trump wins florida and ohio and this race is over. Cruz can not win the big states that are left.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Maine's not really that liberal, until recently they had 2 republican senators now they have one republican and one independent.

JL 0513

trump wins florida and ohio and this race is over. Cruz can not win the big states that are left.

Yes, that's likely. There's still possibilities of more Cruz surprises as he keeps pulling them off. Trump was suppose to be close in Kansas, for example. Cruz won 48 to 23%. And for Cruz to win a northeast state (Maine) by 14 points over Trump, you start to see that unpredictable things can still arise.

Last edited:

newfie

Yes, that's likely. There's still possibilities of more Cruz surprises as he keeps pulling them off. Trump was suppose to be close in Kansas, for example. Cruz won in 48 to 23%. And for Cruz to win a northeast state (Maine) by 14 points over Trump, you start to see that unpredictable things can still arise.

yea maine had a total of 18000 votes not really that impressive. he has to show he can win something bigger in the northeast. he's doing well in bible states that run a caucus. Anythings possible the , full court press is on now against Trump . If he can survive that and keep knocking them down the next two weeks he can wrap this up pretty quick.
Trump has to keep bringing in new voters to win it all because the dem's and media will try to play him as this years hitler.