Elections

Everyone under the sun including Bill Clinton himself said Dems shouldn't try to read anything into this win and that the area of N.Y. where this election was held is a very unusual place and does not mean a trend.
I believe the Tea Party candidate was a fraud as do others.
People need to understand that under Ryan's bill, no one over 55 will be at all affected....so showing a granny falling off a cliff is absurd and people will see the stipidity of the ads.
Medicare WILL have to be touched someway!! You can fight and scream Medicare all you want, but people are going to have to help pay a bit, just like free bennies at work aren't guaranteed to anyone....you gotta chip in now or you will soon.
Seems to me that medicaid needs some tweaking more so than medicare. The numbers projection for people needing medicaid at staggering. I sure don't know the answer other than finding other cuts to help. There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of the government spending is fruitless and a waste of money that would better serve the citizens of the country in other ways.
I think one reason the talk of spending cuts always come back to SS and M/M is that they are the biggest items and draw more attention. Like a company in a decline always go to wages and benefits, when cutting back in other areas could serve the same purpose.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seems to me that medicaid needs some tweaking more so than medicare. The numbers projection for people needing medicaid at staggering. I sure don't know the answer other than finding other cuts to help. There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of the government spending is fruitless and a waste of money that would better serve the citizens of the country in other ways.
I think one reason the talk of spending cuts always come back to SS and M/M is that they are the biggest items and draw more attention. Like a company in a decline always go to wages and benefits, when cutting back in other areas could serve the same purpose.

Medicare, medicaid, S.S......entitlements all....they need to be stripped of any fraud first and then we can go from there. The fraud amount in these programs is probably mind boggling. Something's gotta give.

klein

Für Meno :)
I seen a pie chart on CNN a few weeks ago.
SS and Medicare/aid took up 88% of a balanced budget.
Leaves 12% left for everything else including military & interest on debt.

Now, I could be wrong an this could have been a forcast for 2020 or something, not sure.
But, still damm scary, and that's why the budget just can't be balanced and new debt is needed. Even Paul's Tea Party budget included $8 Trillion deficit in 10 years !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Under law all bills submitted to medicare must be paid in 30 days, bhos promised to stop all the fraud associated with this program as a way to drop costs, so has anyone seen an increase in Medicare fraud inspectors ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
He said in his campaign that he would pay for Obamacare partly by stopping fraud in medicare/medicaid. Apparently fraud has gone on through his entire presidency and he has yet to stop it. When you "know" something, you need to address it. Instead, he forms a rapid response team to deal with his negative press. He's more worried about his image than this country.

klein

Mittcare for everyone ! LOL (oh gee, he says whats good for Mass. isn't good for the USA)
Have fun with him !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was impressed with Mitt for the portion I watched on Hannity. He handled himself well. Said the first thing he'd do as pres. is grant 50 waivers from Obamacare to 50 states. He explained the Mass. healthcare sufficiently for me. I think he'll be the one that will make it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I said McCain was too old now......I said I didn't want Palin for President and that she probably wouldn't run.......where do you get these lies from?

I said I like Herman Cain, but don't know if he'll win the primary. I like Mitt's chances better. And you have no say whatsoever!

klein

and neither do you ! You don't get to vote for the presidencial candidate, right ?
And , I did get it mixed up with Herman Hermit !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was impressed with Mitt for the portion I watched on Hannity. He handled himself well. Said the first thing he'd do as pres. is grant 50 waivers from Obamacare to 50 states. He explained the Mass. healthcare sufficiently for me. I think he'll be the one that will make it.

And which seven states won't be getting a waiver ?

and neither do you ! You don't get to vote for the presidencial candidate, right ?
And , I did get it mixed up with Herman Hermit !
Where do you get the idea she doesn't get to vote for the presidential candidate? Of course she can, it's called primary elections. I suppose you have a degree in American politics too, eh?

By the way, it's "Herman's Hermits", a band from England fronted by the actor, singer Peter Noone. Don't think they are still preforming as a group anymore though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those were great times in the Rock & Roll 60's British Invasion.....tunes like
* Mrs. Brown You.ve Got a Lovely Daughter
*Can't You Hear My Heart Beat
*I'm Into Something Good
*I'm Henry VIII I Am

Not like today's titles from Cee-Lo Green !!

As teenagers we knew every word to those songs.