Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm sure the Movie will go all the way back to the Clinton years, when Clinton warned Bush that he needed to get him (osama). I watched the documentary already.

I don't have the pictures of Osama getting killed, but the hanging of Hussein is one of my favorite clips. Where's that movie?

klein

Für Meno :)
Good slogan, and it's true. The whole world has said the same, including Standards & Poor. Even our Prime Minister stated it, after the US has been downgraded.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He will not however call the Congress back for their break, nor does he plan to cancel his own vacation.
So much for putting the country first.
Same old do as I say, not as I do.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The cottage will only set him back $50,000 for 10 days.
And the fire damage caused by the last renter should be repaired in time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(US News) — At a time when many more cash-strapped Americans are stuck at home instead of vacationing at the beach, President Obama next week will lead an entourage of several dozens to exclusive Martha’s Vineyard island at a cost of millions to taxpayers.

While technically he is paying for his estimated $50,000 a week rental of the 28-acre beachfront Blue Heron Farm in woodsy Chilmark, the dozens of U.S. Secret Service agents, communications officials, top aides, drivers, and U.S. Coast Guard personnel with him will be covered by taxpayers as with every other presidential vacation.

His 11-day stay will require the Coast Guard to keep ships floating near Obama’s farm, a presidential helicopter and jet at the ready and security agents on 24-hour duty. Armored SUVs dubbed “war wagons” have been flown in to carry the presidential family around the island. It was the same way when former President George H.W. Bush visited Kennebunkport, Maine and Bill Clinton visited Martha’s Vineyard during their presidencies.
Obama’s vacation comes at an awkward time because of the economic turmoil roiling the nation and Wall Street. Surveys show that a growing number of Americans can’t afford even small vacations.

DS

Fenderbender
Your country is messed up.
All these lies and propaganda just to stay or get into office.
I thought it was all about government elected by the people,for the people.
Any intelligent university graduate could come up with a plan to curb the
overindulgence and entitlement that is your government.
I'm sorry if I sound naive but I really know nothing about US politics
other that what I was taught in school,and from watching the news.
One thing that sticks out in my childhood,was the day JFK got shot.
I was sent home from school and everyone was crying.
Was that the beginning of the end?
What will it take to regain the liberty that used to be America?

Buddybrown

Your country is messed up. All these lies and propaganda just to stay or get into office. I thought it was all about government elected by the people,for the people. Any intelligent university graduate could come up with a plan to curb the overindulgence and entitlement that is your government. I'm sorry if I sound naive but I really know nothing about US politics other that what I was taught in school,and from watching the news. One thing that sticks out in my childhood,was the day JFK got shot. I was sent home from school and everyone was crying. Was that the beginning of the end? What will it take to regain the liberty that used to be America?
Our Country is still the greatest Country on this particular planet. These problems will make us stronger. Politicians suck and whenever you have people involved you will have the elements of greed and deception. We as the people need to flush the bad out which is most of them. Naive perhaps, without heart I doubt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your country is messed up.
All these lies and propaganda just to stay or get into office.
I thought it was all about government elected by the people,for the people.
Any intelligent university graduate could come up with a plan to curb the
overindulgence and entitlement that is your government.
I'm sorry if I sound naive but I really know nothing about US politics
other that what I was taught in school,and from watching the news.
One thing that sticks out in my childhood,was the day JFK got shot.
I was sent home from school and everyone was crying.
Was that the beginning of the end?
What will it take to regain the liberty that used to be America?

We need to get the special interests out of politics. We need to get a better handle on our entitlement programs. We need to get rid of career politicians. We need what Obama promised to bring to politics--transparency. We need a more equitable form of taxation. We need able bodied people to get off their butts and work rather than accept a hand out.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
StocksbyPresident.png

MORELUCK,

I wouldnt be quick to try and jump on the stock market losses as you celebrate the decline of the country. If you look back at your beloved President Bush in light blue, he and the republicans ranked right with Herbert Hoover when it came to the stock market and OBAMA is NOWHERE close to that.

Its a shame you and the republican party want to celebrate the decline of a nation just to try and win an election.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
StocksbyPresident.png

MORELUCK,

I wouldnt be quick to try and jump on the stock market losses as you celebrate the decline of the country. If you look back at your beloved President Bush in light blue, he and the republicans ranked right with Herbert Hoover when it came to the stock market and OBAMA is NOWHERE close to that.

Its a shame you and the republican party want to celebrate the decline of a nation just to try and win an election.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OMG!!!! Mark this date down for posterity's sake. More has linked a piece at FireDogLake! Now this is a truly historic moment indeed!

:happy-very:

I doubt TOS will share your enthusiasm. I look for subject matter only.....where it's from doesn't matter to me.

P

pickup

Good slogan, and it's true. The whole world has said the same, including Standards & Poor. Even our Prime Minister stated it, after the US has been downgraded.

Your prime minister, as has been thoroughly proven in earlier posts, is the Anti-Christ. Anything he says should be considered a lie.