Elections

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now that's an interesting question ?
According to this current administration , we are no longer in a recession, we have the largest number of people ever on food stamps , most of the country is either flooded or on fire , the EPA is about to cripple the coal industry with new regulations thus doubling the cost of producing electricity at half of this countries power plants, and flash mobs are attacking businesses .
I seem to recall that some people who claim to work for the government in DC have stated that making jobs was their first priority, but since they haven't proposed anything yet then I guess we really don't need any new jobs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Now that's an interesting question ?
According to this current administration , we are no longer in a recession, we have the largest number of people ever on food stamps , most of the country is either flooded or on fire , the EPA is about to cripple the coal industry with new regulations thus doubling the cost of producing electricity at half of this countries power plants, and flash mobs are attacking businesses .
I seem to recall that some people who claim to work for the government in DC have stated that making jobs was their first priority, but since they haven't proposed anything yet then I guess we really don't need any new jobs.

Nancy Pelosi said just the other day that Obama has been the "job creating" president since day one !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
bors.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
If the republicans insist on taking increased tax revenue off the table, what's left to talk about? If the democrats take SS Aid/Care off the table, what's left to talk about. I'd be willing to bet that the republicans blink first.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Joe Biden helped to bring credibility to the ticket in 2008. He has become a liability. Hillary is also not the answer. The Dems need to find a young voice who would support Obama while being groomed to succeed him in 2016.

bbsam

Staff member
Jim Webb? Bill Clinton? Harold Ford Jr.? Rahm? Colin Powell? Gabby Giffords? I wouldn't count out Hillary yet, either. What's the name of that Montana Governor? Very folksy, smart, and tough.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
OneAmerica’s implausible excuses for violating campaign finance disclosure laws
OneAmerica Votes is a Soros-funded operation.

First some quick background: Stefan Sharkansky and SoundPolitics did the majority of the work the media wouldn’t do during the ’04 Washington State Governors race recount fiasco in bringing to light all the “irregularities” in the process that resulted in a win for Christine Gregoire by 139 votes on the 3rd recount.
This scandal more or less broke during the ’10 re-election of Patty Murray as WA Senator when it was discovered “OneAmerica Votes” (OAV) was using illegal immigrants as campaign workers on Murray’s behalf, manning phone banks and door belling.
In Wash., illegal immigrants canvassing for votes
The Public Disclosure Commission (PDC) delivered a wrist slap for numerous infractions of the campaign rules.
http://weaselzippers.us/

UPS Lifer

I remember being a rookie manager and having a seasoned manager show me the ropes. He would do exactly the opposite as he would tell me and get himself into so much trouble.... but he was a smooth talker. He could talk himself out of any situation. I called him the "Teflon Man". I bring this up because Obama is the new Teflon Man in my eyes. Fortunately for the country, the teflon is wearing thin and everything is starting to stick! I just hope that it is not to late to save the pan!:surprised: