Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
Report: Team Obama To Exploit His Children As a “Political Asset” During Campaign…
What an unbelievably scummy thing to do to your kids. Is he that desperate to be reelected that he would drag his two young girls into the muck?
(WaPo) — A new Internet ad by the president’s reelection campaign features a portrait of the first family asking supporters to “help the Obamas stand up for working Americans.” The appeal, a departure from the typical Obama messaging, provides an early glimpse of the role the president’s wife and daughters are likely to play in his campaign.

In the months to come, political strategists expect to see the first family used as a political asset.

“The value of the family is enormous,” said Democratic pollster Celinda Lake. “The more you know this family and the more you think of Barack Obama in these terms, the harder it is to vilify him.”

During his presidency, Obama’s children have rarely been featured in such an overtly political way. He has been pointed about leaving family members, especially his children, out of politics. But with the first lady enjoying high popularity, his family may become an important factor this year.

Seventy-three percent of Americans hold favorable views of Michelle Obama, according to a recent Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll. There is no polling on his daughters, but by some indications interest in Malia, 13, and Sasha, 10, is also high. A portrait of the family published by the campaign last year went viral, according to a study by Socialbakers, which analyzes social media trends.

Michelle Obama has said she is “all in” for her husband’s reelection and plans to campaign about three days a week once the general election starts. She recently indicated that her daughters are up to the rigors of the campaign too, telling reporters who traveled with her last week that Malia and Sasha enjoy campaigning.

wkmac

On the one hand, you could say vague but could the truth be something that scares the hell out of democrats/republicans, conservative/liberals alike? What if people are beginning to abandon life on the books for a life off the books? Before you balk at such assertion, people have to eat and survive and there are many well educated people who find themselves in situations where the "on the books" economy has cast them aside. I know a number of folks who run off the book operations in which several I do business with on a cash basis and as such I also get a nice price discount over using "on the book" resources.

I think one of the reasons in the last few years that gov't policing of the cash economy has stepped up is they know and see the trends and they also know they can't stop it. On a global scale, off the books, black market, agorism or what some call System D has grown so big that sourced together it ranks as the 2nd largest economy in the world. It's so big now that to swat it out would have devastating consequences for "on the book" companies, many of them are companies that underpin national and even international economics. Don't think for one minute that both UPS and FedEx don't benefit from "off the book" businesses!

Topdown hierarchical controlled nationstate economics is dying and it's ability to even sustain itself going forward is seriously in question. The bottomup market entrepreneur and just the average worker are pushing back with ever increasing force. Dr. Cocteau is at least in secret realizing he can't kill Edgar Friendly because to do so would undercut his profits at least in the short term if not for all time.

The real Occupy movement never was in an American city park or at a gov't building but instead is in neighborhoods and towns not only across America but across the planet. The epoch of man's time with nationstates, state aggression and force is coming to an end and the next epoch we are starting to transition into is a society without boundaries or limitations other than what free men and women in voluntary cooperation agree too. National scale elections followed by their non-voluntary, compulsory demands of people will come to end as well because why would you need them(and a welcomed end it is) to be replaced by local cooperative peoples more in line with the idea of particaptory democracy where group policy must be group unanimous or not at all.

bbsam

Staff member
I have no problem with an "off the books economy". I remember several years ago reading an article espousing the underground economy for just these reasons and that the authorities were more than happy to turn the other way since they did not have the resources to police it and money from an underground economy still spends in the "on the books" economy.