Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 @ 2:36 pm | White House: Obama’s Speech To UAW “Not At All” A Campaign Speech…
Press-Secretary-Jay-Carney-550x422.jpg

Even though Obama asked them to “fight” for his reelection doesn’t mean it’s a campaign speech, right?
Via RCP:
White House press secretary Jay Carney denies that President Obama’s partisan speech to the United Auto Workers (UAW) this morning was not a campaign event. During his address, President Obama encouraged the union workers to “fight” for him in 2012.

Question: “Was the president’s speech to the UAW this morning a campaign speech?”
Jay Carney, White House: “Not at all. The president was speaking to American workers, which he certainly enjoys doing. He was speaking to them about several things, principally the resurrection of the American automobile industry which is a subject that has been a focus of his attention since he took office.”

klein

Für Meno :)
What makes me sick is that over $1 Billion will be spent just to nominate a republican candidate.
Many would think that money could be spent wisely elsewhere !

It would be like those republicans sitting in congress/house voting for a leader, not the public.
And you also must be a member in the parlaiment (congress) to be voted for.

Which means that person has already been voted by the public to become a represatative in parlaiment.

That';s why when elections are called here, it only takes 3-6 weeks to complete.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What makes me sick is that over $1 Billion will be spent just to nominate a republican candidate.
Many would think that money could be spent wisely elsewhere !

Gee, how much do you think Obama will have all to himself to get elected....$4.75 ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama Campaign Bumper Stickers

"O" in 2012: Change Is Expensive.

Obama 2012: Because Queen Elizabeth Really Wants A Skateboard.

Obama: when an empire absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.

Obama 2012: All These Vacations Aren't Going To Take Themselves.

Obama 2012: Abortion, Dependency and The Thrill of Misery.

Barack Obama: Smell The Embarrassment.

Obama 2012: Change Is Expensive

Obama 2012: You still can't use my middle name.

bbsam

Staff member
Is it just me, or has the Right seemed to be a bit on the defensive lately? I thought I even saw it with Hannity for a couple minutes last week.

bbsam

Staff member
That's like 2 men who love it shooting goo on each others faces IMO. No real difference in the Kochtopus and Obamastan so there you go!
Eeeeeeeeewwwwww!!! "Men Who Love Shooting Goo on Each Other's Faces". Sounds like a bad "Politicians Gone Wild".

klein

More good news out of the US !
(and helping the Canadian economy) - thanks Obama ! :)

TORONTO - The Canadian dollar hit a 5 1/2-month high Wednesday, amid positive U.S. economic data and moves to further stabilize the debt-laden eurozone.
The Canadian dollar rose 0.85 of a cent to a 101.31 cents US, its highest level since the middle of last September. It was off early highs of 101.43 cents amid reversals in commodity prices.
The dollar found support from positive economic news from the U.S., Canada's biggest trading partner.
A rising American economy is good for Canada as it signals a growing appetite for Canadian manufactured goods and commodities such as oil and metals.
U.S. fourth-quarter gross domestic product rose at an annualized rate of three per cent. That was revised upward from an earlier government report that the American economy had grown at a 2.8 per cent pace.

Traders were further encouraged after a widely-watched index of manufacturing activity in the U.S. Midwest breezed past expectations. The Chicago Purchasing Managers index came in at 64, a 10-month high and up from 60.2 in January.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MORE OBAMA CAMPAIGN STICKERS.............

Obama 2012: Because you're racist, that's why.

Obama 2012: Admit it, you want to find out what comes after a Trillion.

Obama 2012: Because we still don't look like North Korea from space.

Obama: What I Did for the Middle East, I Can Do for America

Obama 2012: An Abortion In Every Pot

Obama 2012: It's Still Bush's Fault!

Obama 2012: How Much Worse Could It Get?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
MORE OBAMA CAMPAIGN STICKERS.............

Obama 2012: Because you're racist, that's why.

Obama 2012: Admit it, you want to find out what comes after a Trillion.

Obama 2012: Because we still don't look like North Korea from space.

Obama: What I Did for the Middle East, I Can Do for America

Obama 2012: An Abortion In Every Pot

Obama 2012: It's Still Bush's Fault!

Obama 2012: How Much Worse Could It Get?

LAME.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 @ 2:36 pm | White House: Obama’s Speech To UAW “Not At All” A Campaign Speech…

Press-Secretary-Jay-Carney-550x422.jpg

Even though Obama asked them to “fight” for his reelection doesn’t mean it’s a campaign speech, right?
Via RCP:
White House press secretary Jay Carney denies that President Obama’s partisan speech to the United Auto Workers (UAW) this morning was not a campaign event. During his address, President Obama encouraged the union workers to “fight” for him in 2012.

Question: “Was the president’s speech to the UAW this morning a campaign speech?”
Jay Carney, White House: “Not at all. The president was speaking to American workers, which he certainly enjoys doing. He was speaking to them about several things, principally the resurrection of the American automobile industry which is a subject that has been a focus of his attention since he took office.”

I was looking for the "throw up" smilely face but apparently I was mistaken!

klein

030212obama_uni.jpg

'Go to hell Barack' ad ignites controversy

Critics call for the "deeply disrespectful" message to be yanked — but the D.C. Metro says it's free speech.