Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
He will be the GOP candidate and YOU WERE WRONG and so was your little buddy!!

Oh, and when it's all official, I will repost this to remind you how wrong you are!!

UPS Lifer

This is my personal experience with the voter thing. In 2010 and 2011, I got jury summons from Riverside County in California. I sent a copy of my ARIZONA drivers license in with the voter info sheet showing I don't live in California anymore. In 2011, I got a hold of the actual jury office and told them I have lived in Arizona. The clerk told me that there is nothing she could do, I am getting summons because I am still registered in the Riverside CA voter data base. This means I could have voted in both states if I wanted too. All I had to do was request an absentee ballot. THAT IS ABSURD! I had to send a letter to the voter registration requesting they delete me from their records so that I would not get another jury notice.

So I support a National Registration Card for voting.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is my personal experience with the voter thing. In 2010 and 2011, I got jury summons from Riverside County in California. I sent a copy of my ARIZONA drivers license in with the voter info sheet showing I don't live in California anymore. In 2011, I got a hold of the actual jury office and told them I have lived in Arizona. The clerk told me that there is nothing she could do, I am getting summons because I am still registered in the Riverside CA voter data base. This means I could have voted in both states if I wanted too. All I had to do was request an absentee ballot. THAT IS ABSURD! I had to send a letter to the voter registration requesting they delete me from their records so that I would not get another jury notice.

So I support a National Registration Card for voting.

On the other hand, just like the case in texas, if you had a license in arizona and was attending school in california, you would NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE IN CALIFORNIA even if you lived there.

You would have to establish a valid calfornia drivers license even if you didnt plan on staying in calfornia. You would have to return HOME in arizona in order to vote.

Even with a VALID arizona drivers license, which is suppose to be a valid picture ID, you would not be able to vote other than in the state of arizona.

Thats the intention of the voter ID laws sponsored by the republican party.

Who does this affect?????

STUDENTS. Plain and simple. The very base of voters who voted for OBAMA in 2008. By eliminating STUDENTS, the GOP hopes to affect the election.

Pretty simple stuff.

Why not support a NATIONAL ID VOTER CARD that can be good in any state? Once swiped in at any voter station or entered on any absentee ballot, you wouldnt be able to vote twice.

Why does the GOP oppose this kind of ID card? Oh yeah, it doesnt change the game.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not aware that the GOP opposes Voter ID.......................Eric Holder is really, really against it. Don't know what he's afraid of and last I looked he was a Dem.

moreluck

golden ticket member
qnad6p.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not aware that the GOP opposes Voter ID.......................Eric Holder is really, really against it. Don't know what he's afraid of and last I looked he was a Dem.

Did you misunderstand what I said??

I thought I made it clear what was the difference between the current GOP proposed state id laws and a national ID law.

Try re reading what I wrote.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Creepy how accurate he is at describing himself four years later.
“If you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare the voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.”

BrownArmy

“If you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare the voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.”

Kind of sounds like Chumney.

Honestly, they're both clowns.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kind of sounds like Chumney.

Honestly, they're both clowns.
If I give you the clown fact....do you want a clown who knows how businesses run and has operated a payroll and a militia ........ OR..... a clown who knows how to campaign, but hasn't had a budget for 1200 days?

I don't know who or what a Chumney is. Chumley from Pawn Stars, I know.