Express handing resi deliveries to Ground

It will be fine

Probably make the same as most 60 hour ground drivers.:happy2:
I don’t have any employees that work that much outside of peak. When will you guys give up on this line of attack? After the full overlap, smartpost, Express volume, ISP transition, the smallest contractors will employ at least 20 drivers. They’ll all be able to afford benefits.

MAKAVELI

I don’t have any employees that work that much outside of peak. When will you guys give up on this line of attack? After the full overlap, smartpost, Express volume, ISP transition, the smallest contractors will employ at least 20 drivers. They’ll all be able to afford benefits.
SmartPost and " e-commerce " = lower pay per package. Good luck with that.:happy2:

Meat

SmartPost and " e-commerce " = lower pay per package. Good luck with that.:happy2:

The sad fact widely known, the fate of Express is the fate of the middle-class as a whole.

Everything is just great - just listen to Frontline and certain campaign rallies.

The reality on the ground (wink, wink) is MUCH different.

It will be fine

I don’t need luck. I have skill. I’ll figure it out. Part of that is offering benefits to help drive productivity. My best drivers can finish routes in 6.5 hrs on road. Increased density will drive that even lower.

Meat

I don’t need luck. I have skill. I’ll figure it out. Part of that is offering benefits to help drive productivity. My best drivers can finish routes in 6.5 hrs on road. Increased density will drive that even lower.

You have to admit, the current economy has augmented your “skills”. Prior to the year 2000 who would have even considered working as a Ground slave? Can you imagine peddling your business model during the .com bubble?

It will be fine

You have to admit, the current economy has augmented your “skills”. Prior to the year 2000 who would have even considered working as a Ground slave? Can you imagine peddling your business model during the .com bubble?
I’m sure there would have been a huge conflict between people that would work writing code and people that would deliver cardboard. Very similar skill set.

MAKAVELI

Running a small business is a skill. I’m sure you think it’s easy which is why you are an employee. It’s easy to run a company but you’d rather drive all day delivering boxes, makes sense.
I'd rather make $ on my day job while having time to do what I want in my spare time including side hustles.:happy2:

Meat

If you say so. You sound like @bacha29. Crying about not being able to find employees. That’s not a problem despite the fairy tales you like to tell.

If your business model existed in 1998, how successful do you think it would have been?

Keep in mind, McDonald’s was forced to pay more than what I assume you are paying in some markets.

bacha29

Did you guys see what Bezos did yesterday? Terminated 3 very large AMZN contractors. He claimed that they didn't meet the so called "standards". I would love to hear what those standards were and where they failed but under the confidentiality agreements the terminated contractors couldn't talk publicly. I wonder to what extent a shortage of cheap manpower might have played in their failure to meet those "standards"?