Express handing resi deliveries to Ground

It will be fine

I don't know any ground drivers who only work 8 hours a day. I'm sure they're exist but I've never knowing seen one. I will say, the Mexican guy, in my area, has been working for his contractor from almost day one. He's seems to like it at ground. I don't really speak Spanish so our conversions are limited to Hello and busy?.
I only have a handful that work 8 hours and that’s mostly by choice. If they want to bang out their routes in less time it’s possible.

It will be fine

FedEx is gonna hv to place more rules on ground now. With time commitments and more rules the lawsuits will be inevitable. Some states will be seeing them as employees.
Nope. Meeting customer requirements is already a main point of the agreement. The drivers are all employees, I can direct them all I want to in order to meet customer requirements.

yadig

Nope. Meeting customer requirements is already a main point of the agreement. The drivers are all employees, I can direct them all I want to in order to meet customer requirements.
These aren’t only my words but top FedEx executives.
upload_2020-2-16_8-21-5.png
upload_2020-2-16_8-21-5.png

yadig

Idk why it posted twice. But as you can see it’s only a matter of time. I wasn’t talking about your employees, I’m talking about you. You are about to have tremendous pressure placed on you. Why do U think there is a 50% turn over in management at express? Your bout to find out. I wonder how your “employees” are going to react to strict start times, break violations, time commits. You will hv to start giving out warning letters and going on check rides. Lol. I wonder if those employees are gonna stay motivated for them peanuts your handing out. I’m 25 yr RTD and Really looking forward to this dog and pony show.

It will be fine

Idk why it posted twice. But as you can see it’s only a matter of time. I wasn’t talking about your employees, I’m talking about you. You are about to have tremendous pressure placed on you. Why do U think there is a 50% turn over in management at express? Your bout to find out. I wonder how your “employees” are going to react to strict start times, break violations, time commits. You will hv to start giving out warning letters and going on check rides. Lol. I wonder if those employees are gonna stay motivated for them peanuts your handing out. I’m 25 yr RTD and Really looking forward to this dog and pony show.
I stated earlier that author doesn’t understand the ISP contractor model. I already have plenty of stops that have to be delivered at certain times by customer requirements. It appears you don’t understand the model either. FedEx can say these boxes need to be delivered by 10:30. I figure out how to get that done. It’s the same thing I do now. Fedex says all these boxes need to be delivered by end of the business day. I figure out how to get it done. The only difference is the time which is not significant legally.

Your other argument that for some reason I’ll have to manage just like Express does is a bizarre contention that’s not based on anything.

yadig

I stated earlier that author doesn’t understand the ISP contractor model. I already have plenty of stops that have to be delivered at certain times by customer requirements. It appears you don’t understand the model either. FedEx can say these boxes need to be delivered by 10:30. I figure out how to get that done. It’s the same thing I do now. Fedex says all these boxes need to be delivered by end of the business day. I figure out how to get it done. The only difference is the time which is not significant legally.

Your other argument that for some reason I’ll have to manage just like Express does is a bizarre contention that’s not based on anything.
You will see soon enough.. I don’t think you truly see what FedEx is doing. I’m not sure FedEx does either. I promise you that there lust for massive amounts of control will burden you. It’s not going to b business as usual at ground!

MAKAVELI

The time commits on Express packages are not "customer requirements". They are FedEx Express requirements.

yadig

Very profound. Lol

Ground is treating Express like a customer. Ttku
”There is nothing better than for an individual to own his own business” Fred S talking bout ground. Interpretation: I’m gonna make a lot of middle men do my bidding. They will be controlled by me and pay their people what I tell them. They will foolishly think they are in control. When they figured out they aren’t, I’ll boot them for another middle man.

It will be fine

”There is nothing better than for an individual to own his own business” Fred S talking bout ground. Interpretation: I’m gonna make a lot of middle men do my bidding. They will be controlled by me and pay their people what I tell them. They will foolishly think they are in control. When they figured out they aren’t, I’ll boot them for another middle man.
Oh great, another YoU dOn’T ReAlLy OwN a CoMpAnY! argument. Such a tired old argument. Get over it.

bacha29

Oh great, another YoU dOn’T ReAlLy OwN a CoMpAnY! argument. Such a tired old argument. Get over it.
Look Bud, your claim of being a "businessman" an "independent contractor" and a great "manager" has been completely and fully discredited. So why continue with this charade? You're simply one among scores of buck a stop, zero benefit scab truckers and just another one of Fat Freddy's lap dogs.

Same goes for your talk about people "failing" and "didn't know how to run a business" when the simple fact is in your so called "business" you're only as good and will last only for as long as your supply of cheap and clueless labor holds out. The people who quit were not poor managers they simply exhausted their supply of cheap and clueless labor quicker than others. And there's no greater example of it than Ground's 2019 peak season.

It will be fine

Look Bud, your claim of being a "businessman" an "independent contractor" and a great "manager" has been completely and fully discredited. So why continue with this charade? You're simply one among scores of buck a stop, zero benefit scab truckers and just another one of Fat Freddy's lap dogs.

Same goes for your talk about people "failing" and "didn't know how to run a business" when the simple fact is in your so called "business" you're only as good and will last only for as long as your supply of cheap and clueless labor holds out. The people who quit were not poor managers they simply exhausted their supply of cheap and clueless labor quicker than others. And there's no greater example of it than Ground's 2019 peak season.
So the area you used to service doesn’t have FedEx Ground service anymore?

It will be fine

Wow!! I didn’t mean to anger you. The truth always gets a harsh response.
You guys keep claiming I don’t run a company and everything is done for me. If it was that easy why don’t you all do it? Six figure income that requires no work or skill, sounds like a no brainer.

yadig

I’m 25 yrs deep and I’ve been feeling likes it’s a sinking ship. I’ve watched a lot of people use FedEx express to get there CDL and head over to Walmart, ups, FedEx freight. This will only make it worse for both sides to keep good people here. I hope ground is some what successful. The traditional pension I earned kinda depends on it. When it does completely sink I’ll step off to another job.

bacha29

So the area you used to service doesn’t have FedEx Ground service anymore?
Whether my area does or does not have service is irrelevant. But what I can assure you is that whoever's doing it unlike yourself they don't try to portray themselves as being these great independent business people . They know that the constraints placed on them by their one and only customer and the captive nature of their unilaterally drafted and implemented contract renders them so powerless that doesn't allow them to meet the criteria need to qualify one's self as an independent businessman .