Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NC man

You were adding fuel to the fire about the pay raises by embellishing the truth.
At least I can admit I misread something,that was not a purposeful lie. I doubt Fed bases our raise, if any, on what SS does anyway. With the profits Fed has made everyone should get decent raise,not 2%

falcon back

At least I can admit I misread something,that was not a purposeful lie. I doubt Fed bases our raise, if any, on what SS does anyway. With the profits Fed has made everyone should get decent raise,not 2%
No matter the amount of raise, many on here will complain. Some people can't be happy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The reason most of these tools get lied to is because their managers dislike lazy, whining employees and they lie to them because of the headaches they cause their managers. I was there over 40 years and could count on 1 hand the times I caught a manager openly being less than honest when answering a question or relaying information. In most instances, if you are honest with them, they return the favor. Not always but I found exceptions to be very rare.
Quit reflecting on Federal Express 1982.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
B-b-b-b-but I read it here that managers don't do anything, always go home by noon, get nice regular raises and huge bonuses for doing nothing!!!!
Shut up, the adults are talking. Go back to cutting out paper dolls for a living.

fatboy33

Speaking with an old childhood friend today. He does well, 6 figures. He said, if you're making less than 90k, you're just surviving. I Said, to any professional athlete, anyone making less than 1 million is just surviving lol. Once one realizes the world is bigger than the people they know, its easy to knock down a peg or two those who think they're the S#$t LOL.

Stat41

Speaking with an old childhood friend today. He does well, 6 figures. He said, if you're making less than 90k, you're just surviving. I Said, to any professional athlete, anyone making less than 1 million is just surviving lol. Once one realizes the world is bigger than the people they know, its easy to knock down a peg or two those who think they're the S#$t LOL.
It sounds like your friend is materially rich, but morally poor.

vantexan

The reason most of these tools get lied to is because their managers dislike lazy, whining employees and they lie to them because of the headaches they cause their managers. I was there over 40 years and could count on 1 hand the times I caught a manager openly being less than honest when answering a question or relaying information. In most instances, if you are honest with them, they return the favor. Not always but I found exceptions to be very rare.
You were in one location? Believe me some mgrs will lie. I transferred into several stations based on lies mgrs told me. Totally misrepresented hours and duties. How would you like to be told you'd start early, off early most days, only to find it's a midday ft working reload? Or find out after signing offer letter it's actually a 4X10 cover driver, and if you back out you're stuck at current location another year? I transferred early out of that one. Some resistance until I told him I'd tell the company what he did with the offer letter. The fact is in many stations there's at least one rt the locals won't touch and has to be posted nationally. And mgrs are desperate to get it filled so will say anything to do so. One exception. Easy extended area rt, 250-300 miles, not a lot of stops, few pups. But mgr was so freaking evil no one wanted to work for her. I literally took a 4X10 cover rt in sister station to get away from her. How did she get/keep her job? I suspect horizontally, as she was great looking and had that reputation.

Skippy

You were in one location? Believe me some mgrs will lie. I transferred into several stations based on lies mgrs told me. Totally misrepresented hours and duties. How would you like to be told you'd start early, off early most days, only to find it's a midday ft working reload? Or find out after signing offer letter it's actually a 4X10 cover driver, and if you back out you're stuck at current location another year? I transferred early out of that one. Some resistance until I told him I'd tell the company what he did with the offer letter. The fact is in many stations there's at least one rt the locals won't touch and has to be posted nationally. And mgrs are desperate to get it filled so will say anything to do so. One exception. Easy extended area rt, 250-300 miles, not a lot of stops, few pups. But mgr was so freaking evil no one wanted to work for her. I literally took a 4X10 cover rt in sister station to get away from her. How did she get/keep her job? I suspect horizontally, as she was great looking and had that reputation.
I believe I know that station

NC man

Latest rumor from someone at another station, top pay $3 hour increase, 8% increase if not topped out. Let the fireworks begin! Personally I will believe it when it happens lol

Buhryein

Latest rumor from someone at another station, top pay $3 hour increase, 8% increase if not topped out. Let the fireworks begin! Personally I will believe it when it happens lol
I think that one sounds even less likely than the other rumors. $3 would be more than 8% in most markets I think?

They would prolly do 8% across rather than give top more than they have to.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Rumor/speculation/gossip is all steps are increased by 2%, steps 1-8 get 2 steps. Those at step 9 get 1 step plus a lump sum of some sort, those already at step 10 get the 2% plus a lump sum.

I think they should just give the 9 & 10 guys the new step 10 and be done with it. You're topped out, you don't deserve more.

MAKAVELI

Rumor/speculation/gossip is all steps are increased by 2%, steps 1-8 get 2 steps. Those at step 9 get 1 step plus a lump sum of some sort, those already at step 10 get the 2% plus a lump sum.

I think they should just give the 9 & 10 guys the new step 10 and be done with it. You're topped out, you don't deserve more.
The company sure does seem stuck on that 2% number.

falcon back

So other people get pretty good raises and you believe topped out should only get 2%. They don't deserve more? I hope your employees don't hear you say that, your car's brake lines could be in danger.

El Morado Diablo

So other people get pretty good raises and you believe topped out should only get 2%. They don't deserve more? I hope your employees don't hear you say that, your car's brake lines could be in danger.

Some people think your job isn't worth more than $10 hr. Twenty years later they STILL think your job is only worth $10 hr. They don't bother factoring in the cost of living or inflation over that time. These are the same people that justify CEO wages going from 10, to 20, to 300, to 1000+ the average wage of their employees.