Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat41

Rumor/speculation/gossip is all steps are increased by 2%, steps 1-8 get 2 steps. Those at step 9 get 1 step plus a lump sum of some sort, those already at step 10 get the 2% plus a lump sum.

I think they should just give the 9 & 10 guys the new step 10 and be done with it. You're topped out, you don't deserve more.
To be honest Dano, your comment about us topped out not deserving more kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Its not a matter of whether we deserve more, but it is more a matter of the company addressing the inequities that have existed for years between us at the top of range and the others in the lower and mid-range. None of us "deserve" anything. We earn it. Even some of us at the top.

chris45

Hm anybody happen to have that sheet with the market levels and current "10 step pay"? Now that I'm thinking about this I just wanna see where I'm at

Aquaman

Rumor/speculation/gossip is all steps are increased by 2%, steps 1-8 get 2 steps. Those at step 9 get 1 step plus a lump sum of some sort, those already at step 10 get the 2% plus a lump sum.

I think they should just give the 9 & 10 guys the new step 10 and be done with it. You're topped out, you don't deserve more.
This was the raise I was hoping for. 2% increase plus two steps. Doesn’t make up for lost money over the last 2 years of them pretending they’re hurting. But it’s a start. I also agree that top out should get 2% and be done with it. You’re topped out. But hey I guess if they’ve got money to throw around go ahead and give it. Don’t think it’ll stop the exodus of top out retirees before peak though.

Stat41

This was the raise I was hoping for. 2% increase plus two steps. Doesn’t make up for lost money over the last 2 years of them pretending they’re hurting. But it’s a start. I also agree that top out should get 2% and be done with it. You’re topped out. But hey I guess if they’ve got money to throw around go ahead and give it. Don’t think it’ll stop the exodus of top out retirees before peak though.
Yeah, I know of some topped out couriers at my station are going to be leaving in November.

Aquaman

To be honest Dano, your comment about us topped out not deserving more kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Its not a matter of whether we deserve more, but it is more a matter of the company addressing the inequities that have existed for years between us at the top of range and the others in the lower and mid-range. None of us "deserve" anything. We earn it. Even some of us at the top.
They have such a horrendous top out problem dude that any money, ANY available money, should be going to people still waiting to top out after decades.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Directly from FedEx Publication:

Employee compensation and rewards are structured to acknowledge individual effort, stimulate new ideas, encourage outstanding performance and promote teamwork.

FedEx offers an attractive and comprehensive package of pay, benefits and quality of work/ life programs. Examples of these programs include:*

Salary Increases
Salary increase based on individual performance​
Variable Pay
Incentives to reward individual and team contributions​
Tuition Assistance
Subsidy for continuous learning and education​
Paid Time Off
Paid annual leave, wedding leave, maternity leave and paternity leave​
Health Care Program
Medical coverage and dental coverage​
Pension
Financial security in retirement​
Reduced Shipping Rate
Exclusive discounts for personal shipping​
Discounted Travel
Discounts on air tickets​
* Provision varies by country/territory

At FedEx, we believe our success depends upon the dedication of our people. We have developed recognition programs that celebrate the achievements of our people and their commitment to delivering on the values of the company.

Five Star Award​

The Five Star Award, the highest honor at FedEx. recognizes team members who have enhanced service and profitability and exemplified the spirit of teamwork and professionalism.​

Excellence Award​

The prestigious award for recognizing employee leadership, creativity, and distinguished effort in support of customers.

Purple Promise Quality Award​

Recognition of teams who promote the quality culture by achieving outstanding results through application of quality driven management tools.

Purple Promise Award​

Team members who consistently deliver superior customer service to either external or internal customers and make each and every FedEx experience outstanding are eligible for the Purple Promise awards.

Bravo Zulu Award​

The Bravo Zulu Award, derived from the U.S. Navy signal meaning “well done”, is distributed to individuals within FedEx for outstanding performance beyond normal job expectations.

Humanitarian Award​

Whether stopping to help those injured in a car accident or fighting wildfires, our team members are recognized for going above and beyond through the FedEx Humanitarian Award. The award recognizes employees who reach out to others in times of need, exhibiting behavior that goes above and beyond basic community responsibility.

How many still apply?

falcon back

Directly from FedEx Publication:

Employee compensation and rewards are structured to acknowledge individual effort, stimulate new ideas, encourage outstanding performance and promote teamwork.

FedEx offers an attractive and comprehensive package of pay, benefits and quality of work/ life programs. Examples of these programs include:*

Salary Increases
Salary increase based on individual performance​
Variable Pay
Incentives to reward individual and team contributions​
Tuition Assistance
Subsidy for continuous learning and education​
Paid Time Off
Paid annual leave, wedding leave, maternity leave and paternity leave​
Health Care Program
Medical coverage and dental coverage​
Pension
Financial security in retirement​
Reduced Shipping Rate
Exclusive discounts for personal shipping​
Discounted Travel
Discounts on air tickets​
* Provision varies by country/territory

At FedEx, we believe our success depends upon the dedication of our people. We have developed recognition programs that celebrate the achievements of our people and their commitment to delivering on the values of the company.

Five Star Award​

The Five Star Award, the highest honor at FedEx. recognizes team members who have enhanced service and profitability and exemplified the spirit of teamwork and professionalism.​

Excellence Award​

The prestigious award for recognizing employee leadership, creativity, and distinguished effort in support of customers.

Purple Promise Quality Award​

Recognition of teams who promote the quality culture by achieving outstanding results through application of quality driven management tools.

Purple Promise Award​

Team members who consistently deliver superior customer service to either external or internal customers and make each and every FedEx experience outstanding are eligible for the Purple Promise awards.

Bravo Zulu Award​

The Bravo Zulu Award, derived from the U.S. Navy signal meaning “well done”, is distributed to individuals within FedEx for outstanding performance beyond normal job expectations.

Humanitarian Award​

Whether stopping to help those injured in a car accident or fighting wildfires, our team members are recognized for going above and beyond through the FedEx Humanitarian Award. The award recognizes employees who reach out to others in times of need, exhibiting behavior that goes above and beyond basic community responsibility.

How many still apply?
The salary statements are geared toward salaried people. Nice try though

MAKAVELI

They have such a horrendous top out problem dude that any money, ANY available money, should be going to people still waiting to top out after decades.
They always have available $ to give to both top and midrange. It's just they have played this she'll game for a long while where they just move the $ around. I don't have an issue with giving the top a good COLA raise as long as the midrange is given more to catch up because if one ever does top out they will benefit from those COLA raises as well.

fatboy33

Some people think your job isn't worth more than $10 hr. Twenty years later they STILL think your job is only worth $10 hr. They don't bother factoring in the cost of living or inflation over that time. These are the same people that justify CEO wages going from 10, to 20, to 300, to 1000+ the average wage of their employees.
Believe me, if it were up to " Some People" you'd be working 16 hours a day with only rice and water as payment. :teethy:

!Retired!

Topped out is a misleading term. Topped out isn't really topped out if they get a raise.
People would complain even if they got 2 steps + 2%.
Yeah, I know of some topped out couriers at my station are going to be leaving in November.
We had one courier retire this past week, another at the end of the month and another will retire in October/November. This is on top of the 2 that already retired this year. This will be an interesting PEAK with 1/2 the station being new hires and the RESPONSE debacle, unless they 'fix' it somehow.

Aquaman

Topped out is a misleading term. Topped out isn't really topped out if they get a raise.

We had one courier retire this past week, another at the end of the month and another will retire in October/November. This is on top of the 2 that already retired this year. This will be an interesting PEAK with 1/2 the station being new hires and the RESPONSE debacle, unless they 'fix' it somehow.
Every company should be required by law to follow cost of living. 2% doesn’t even cover that so it’s technically not a raise. FedEx has played the game of “2% RAISES” for way too long. Now they’re about 25% behind the competition.

falcon back

Every company should be required by law to follow cost of living. 2% doesn’t even cover that so it’s technically not a raise. FedEx has played the game of “2% RAISES” for way too long. Now they’re about 25% behind the competition.
How old are you? The government should regulate employee raises? Wow!!!

McFeely

Huge Member

I don't even want to imagine what peak will be like this year with Response and our current staffing. I was on vacation last week and I'm wondering how many people quit while I was off.

fatboy33

Response lol. We see business response packages come down the belt going on their 3rd attempt....smh.

Aquaman

How old are you? The government should regulate employee raises? Wow!!!
Cost of living is not a raise. A raise is when your pay increases above the cost of living. Otherwise you fall behind the cost of living and never make MORE money. If cost of living goes up 3%-4% a year... and I get %2... and my insurance goes up 3%... tell me how I got a “raise”? My take home and value of my dollar went down. So yes, cost of living should be regulated by the government. Raises? That’s up to the company.

falcon back

Cost of living is not a raise. A raise is when your pay increases above the cost of living. Otherwise you fall behind the cost of living and never make MORE money. If cost of living goes up 3%-4% a year... and I get %2... and my insurance goes up 3%... tell me how I got a “raise”? My take home and value of my dollar went down. So yes, cost of living should be regulated by the government. Raises? That’s up to the company.
You said companies should be required to follow the cost of living and raise salaries for the same amount. You are foolish and naive. Government does not belong in salary matters besides setting minimum wage.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why do you hate free enterprise?

You are not indentured, and a business doesn’t owe you a lifestyle.

Aquaman

You said companies should be required to follow the cost of living and raise salaries for the same amount. You are foolish and naive. Government does not belong in salary matters besides setting minimum wage
Pay should rise with the cost of living. Period. Lord knows the companies profit does.