Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Cost of living is not a raise. A raise is when your pay increases above the cost of living. Otherwise you fall behind the cost of living and never make MORE money. If cost of living goes up 3%-4% a year... and I get %2... and my insurance goes up 3%... tell me how I got a “raise”? My take home and value of my dollar went down. So yes, cost of living should be regulated by the government. Raises? That’s up to the company.
ROTFLMAO

OK, the government mandates COLA. You get a COLA of 4%, so the company reduces the 401k match, takes away one sick day, and reduces your insurance benefits. TA-DAAAAA!

59 Dano

You shifted the description to your advantage.

There is a small but distinct difference between 'top pay' and 'top of range'.
In your mind, top pay is absolute.
To those who receive it, 'top of range' is a variable determined and modified by corporate as needs dictate.
Based on the current state of affairs, it is obvious that needs are demanding modification.

It appears that the commissioned officers have left the petty officers in control of the ship, and she is in danger of capsizing.
When all else fails, semantics.

falcon back

If they are at the top pay level, how much should they get? How much of a raise would you give to someone who is already receiving maximum pay for the job?
They should get yearly raises just like everyone else. Then step 9 tops out and get the topped out raise as well, So you expect a person that is topped out to never receive a raise again? You might be best suited for unloading cans.

You can't be in station or ground ops. You CLAIMED to know where courier training was and your address was wrong 3 years ago. What happened bucko? Don't you print off itineraries when you send people to courier school and you don't even know where it is. Do you send them to the wrong address? LOL

59 Dano

They should get yearly raises just like everyone else. Then step 9 tops out and get the topped out raise as well, So you expect a person that is topped out to never receive a raise again? You might be best suited for unloading cans.

They get a raise when the steps are adjusted.

You can't be in station or ground ops. You CLAIMED to know where courier training was and your address was wrong 3 years ago. What happened bucko? Don't you print off itineraries when you send people to courier school and you don't even know where it is. Do you send them to the wrong address? LOL
Dude, some people go to training on W Poplar. You're not with the company, let alone privy to where every courier gets his training. I never claimed every courier gets his training there, because training is conducted at different locations.

falcon back

They get a raise when the steps are adjusted.

Dude, some people go to training on W Poplar. You're not with the company, let alone privy to where every courier gets his training. I never claimed every courier gets his training there, because training is conducted at different locations.
Nice try. There is no courier training in Collierville. That building belongs to Services and Express Training was forced to move several years ago. I retired several years ago but still talk to some of my old friends and co-workers. If you are sending people to Collierville for Courier Training, you are sending them to the wrong location. LOL!!!

Aquaman

ROTFLMAO

OK, the government mandates COLA. You get a COLA of 4%, so the company reduces the 401k match, takes away one sick day, and reduces your insurance benefits. TA-DAAAAA!
I think FedEx can afford cost of living and a raise on top of it, without reducing 401K match, sick days & benefits lol. Or do you actually believe the BS this company spews about not having money...

Aquaman

I never heard of a federal requirement to match COLA. I certainly haven’t seen any evidence of it while at FedEx.
Doesn’t exist. I just don’t see how companies the size of Express can give 2% when COLA goes up 4% and still call it a “raise”. 5 years of that crap and my paycheck is 10% weaker. Companies employing hundreds of thousands of people, reporting the profits they report, should absolutely be required to at least meet COLA. Even if it’s only 4% COLA plus 10 cents. Gotta at least meet 4%

falcon back

Doesn’t exist. I just don’t see how companies the size of Express can give 2% when COLA goes up 4% and still call it a “raise”. 5 years of that crap and my paycheck is 10% weaker. Companies employing hundreds of thousands of people, reporting the profits they report, should absolutely be required to at least meet COLA. Even if it’s only 4% COLA plus 10 cents. Gotta at least meet 4%
You are not making any sense. You keep saying the government should get involved with paycheck matters. You must be kidding.

MassWineGuy

When it’s a systemic problem, changing jobs won’t help.

And Falcon, I strongly suggest that you heed the advice of Mark Twain:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Last edited:

falcon back

When it’s a systemic problem, changing jobs won’t help.

And Falcon, I strongly suggest that you heed the advice of Mark Twain:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
The government has no business regulating employee salaries. Anyone that thinks they do is an idiot. I guess Twain was referring to you.

Aquaman

The government has no business regulating employee salaries. Anyone that thinks they do is an idiot. I guess Twain was referring to you.
Companies the size of FedEx can affect the economy more than you realize with weak sub cost of living “raises”. Again, I’m not saying the government should be involved in raises. Because cost of living is not a raise. Someone making $50,000 for 5 years no longer makes $50,000. The value of their money has gone down. It’s a bit of a problem in america. Companies like express thinking $19/hr is still good money for a 10 year employee lol..... wait... let me guess, get a new job right?

falcon back

Companies the size of FedEx can affect the economy more than you realize with weak sub cost of living “raises”. Again, I’m not saying the government should be involved in raises. Because cost of living is not a raise. Someone making $50,000 for 5 years no longer makes $50,000. The value of their money has gone down. It’s a bit of a problem in america. Companies like express thinking $19/hr is still good money for a 10 year employee lol..... wait... let me guess, get a new job right?
You are an idiot. What person wants the government so involved in their affairs that they have a say on when and how much of a salary increase you get. Having the government rule that companies must give COLA is too much involvement by a government that is as poorly ran as any 10 Fortune 500 companies combined

Aquaman

You are an idiot. What person wants the government so involved in their affairs that they have a say on when and how much of a salary increase you get. Having the government rule that companies must give COLA is too much involvement by a government that is as poorly ran as any 10 Fortune 500 companies combined
As a FedEx Express employee.... I’d more than welcome the government forcing Fred to spread the wealth. It’s 4% dude... FedEx can afford it. These mega companies puffing out their chests to stock holders, then whimpering in a corner to their employees come raise time has left me with little sympathy for a company having to give cost of living.

falcon back

As a FedEx Express employee.... I’d more than welcome the government forcing Fred to spread the wealth. It’s 4% dude... FedEx can afford it. These mega companies puffing out their chests to stock holders, then whimpering in a corner to their employees come raise time has left me with little sympathy for a company having to give cost of living.
With each post, you prove your ignorance of how business and free enterprise works. You better get a 5th grader to explain it to you.

It will be fine

Where in my posts do I not understand how free enterprise works haha. No I get it... I just don’t care.
You appear to believe a 4% increase in compensation only costs the company 4%. That’s a bit of a problem if we’re to take your crazy idea seriously. There’s a reason no serious public policy person has ever proposed it to my knowledge.