Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

floridays

Companies the size of FedEx can affect the economy more than you realize with weak sub cost of living “raises”. Again, I’m not saying the government should be involved in raises. Because cost of living is not a raise. Someone making $50,000 for 5 years no longer makes $50,000. The value of their money has gone down. It’s a bit of a problem in america. Companies like express thinking $19/hr is still good money for a 10 year employee lol..... wait... let me guess, get a new job right?
Start an organizing campaign.

What the government gives or grants the government can abolish.

A legal contract is binding regarding the terms agreed upon.

Start a union organizing drive in your station.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
As a FedEx Express employee.... I’d more than welcome the government forcing Fred to spread the wealth. It’s 4% dude... FedEx can afford it. These mega companies puffing out their chests to stock holders, then whimpering in a corner to their employees come raise time has left me with little sympathy for a company having to give cost of living.
How about being proactive in your own interest, and BUY that FedEx stock as a hedge against inflation? Hell, you might even come out ahead in the long run.

Government has no business being involved in employee compensation, as long as the employee has the freedom to offer their services/labor elsewhere. Antitrust and corporate collusion excepted.

floridays

How about being proactive in your own interest, and BUY that FedEx stock as a hedge against inflation? Hell, you might even come out ahead in the long run.

Government has no business being involved in employee compensation, as long as the employee has the freedom to offer their services/labor elsewhere. Antitrust and corporate collusion excepted.
as long as the employee has the freedom to offer their services/labor elsewhere.
We don't disagree on this point.

That is not where it ends however, that is the first , and a singular, individual alternative.

We've both been on this site for a few years (me), and you much longer.

The bitchin and complaining gets tiresome, the iron is hot to strike (not work action), and some of these clowns want the government to save their bacon.

I don't understand some of these people.

No better time to organize, yet some want the government to do something it has no authority to do.

floridays

I understand I am retired, wealthy and doing what I want. What else do I need to know?
You need to know you just might be a dumb friend that doesn't give a :poop: about anyone but himself.

You also need to know leaving the company, if not satisfied, is not the only alternative.

Ask any pilot.

Aquaman

You appear to believe a 4% increase in compensation only costs the company 4%. That’s a bit of a problem if we’re to take your crazy idea seriously. There’s a reason no serious public policy person has ever proposed it to my knowledge.
Well a step raise is anywhere from 5%-9%. Covers cost of living plus some. If they can afford the plus some... they can afford the cost of living. Yes even on bad years.

Aquaman

Your belief the government has a place in controlling wages is not free enterprise, that is where you show your lack of understanding.
When did I say I BELIEVE the government should control wages? I wish they would require companies the size of FedEx to give cost of living increases when profits are so high. Set the wage at whatever you want. $8 an hour if you want idc... just increase it yearly with cost of living. It’s not a belief. Companies like FedEx have just raped so many of their employees over the years, I’d love to see them feel the burn.

floridays

When did I say I BELIEVE the government should control wages? I wish they would require companies the size of FedEx to give cost of living increases when profits are so high. Set the wage at whatever you want. $8 an hour if you want idc... just increase it yearly with cost of living. It’s not a belief. Companies like FedEx have just raped so many of their employees over the years, I’d love to see them feel the burn.
You did once again.

Get off your ass and start organizing your fellow box humpers.
Government is involved in too much already.

falcon back

You did once again.

Get off your ass and start organizing your fellow box humpers.
Government is involved in too much already.
He keeps saying that. He isn't even sure what he is saying except he wants the government to force companies to increase salaries based on inflation BUT he doesn't want the government to have a say in what salaries a company pays.