Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquaman

OK, so you get a COLA of 4% that's offset elsewhere... and you're ASKING for it?
Like I said. We decrease at least 4% most years anyway when you factor in cost of living goes up 4%... we get 2%... and health insurance goes up. So you are correct. I DO NOT WANT 2% EVER AGAIN.

DeliveryException

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that executives and presumably accountants and whatnot came up with the 10 step plan and did all kinds of planning through different scenarios and decided it was feasible. We got a couple steps then no more because "Market factors" or whatever words they used at the time.

Now we are making money hand over fist and we still can't afford it. That seems to say it wasn't really going to happen and was just moving the carrot a little closer to keep employees from leaving before pulling it back to where it was.

Aquaman

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that executives and presumably accountants and whatnot came up with the 10 step plan and did all kinds of planning through different scenarios and decided it was feasible. We got a couple steps then no more because "Market factors" or whatever words they used at the time.

Now we are making money hand over fist and we still can't afford it. That seems to say it wasn't really going to happen and was just moving the carrot a little closer to keep employees from leaving before pulling it back to where it was.
I personally think one of the companies biggest mistakes ever was the 2% COVID raise. Idk if they really understand yet what that did to employee morale. I think they are going to feel the ripples of that decision for the next 10 years.

Cheesypurpletees

When the new president and coo Raj subramaniam came on board in 2019 he had other plans. He doesn’t seem to be a fan of domestic express hourlies and appears to be cutting our throats

fatboy33

I’ve been here 14 years... something I’ll never do is brag about that.
Believe me, in the 90's, It was something to brag a little about. Although it's taken 2 decades to top out, I can survive. If I were a 20 something just starting out, I would look elsewhere. The road to top pay is just way too long. I don't know any other company where it take over 20 years to leave the paygrade of apprentice.

MAKAVELI

Believe me, in the 90's, It was something to brag a little about. Although it's taken 2 decades to top out, I can survive. If I were a 20 something just starting out, I would look elsewhere. The road to top pay is just way too long. I don't know any other company where it take over 20 years to leave the paygrade of apprentice.
Fred's legacy. SMH......

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Their “get out of jail” clause should have been a big red flag for all of you.

“Based on the company’s ability to afford it” was one of the biggest bunches of BS ever. And who do you think determines that?

Aquaman

Their “get out of jail” clause should have been a big red flag for all of you.

“Based on the company’s ability to afford it” was one of the biggest bunches of BS ever. And who do you think determines that?
Look this company just plainly isn’t going to compete in pay. They’re not. We don’t need any more proof. They pay what they pay and that’s the way they like it. We’re never going to get UPS pay/progression. We probably won’t even compete with DHL’s pay since they’re smaller. Amazon is in a contractor model so FedEx doesn’t need to compete with them. There’s UPS that pays $40/hr. Express pays $20/hr. And that’s the way it is. We’re going to need A LOT of people to quit. And service is going to have to be impossible in order for them to compete. Even then this is a reactionary company. We get out ahead of nothing. So by the time they decide to really open up their wallet... we might be going out of business lol

Last edited:

fatboy33

Aqua, I couldn’t agree more. FedEx is the most reactive large company I know of. Rarely proactive.
We'd would go up to a manager, as an experienced courier and tell him/her this isn't going to work today, manager wouldn't take the word of the courier until the following day and 12 lates later. It's true. It's been reactionary. I will say, managers do listen more now than they ever did in the past.

NC man

The company wants to shift as much as possible to Ground so they are not going to give great raises . They don’t have to pay Ground drivers or provide benefits which saves tons of money. Have 33 yrs in and it’s always been ,if you don’t like it you can go somewhere else even though in my earlier days the PSP was about people first.
In couple yrs or so Express will be a part time job.all of our pup routes are pt except one or two now.The delivery side is coming down the road.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Look this company just plainly isn’t going to compete in pay. They’re not. We don’t need any more proof. They pay what they pay and that’s the way they like it. We’re never going to get UPS pay/progression. We probably won’t even compete with DHL’s pay since they’re smaller. Amazon is in a contractor model so FedEx doesn’t need to compete with them. There’s UPS that pays $40/hr. Express pays $20/hr. And that’s the way it is. We’re going to need A LOT of people to quit. And service is going to have to be impossible in order for them to compete. Even then this is a reactionary company. We get out ahead of nothing. So by the time they decide to really open up their wallet... we might be going out of business lol
Can’t say I disagree with you. FedEx is stubborn beyond belief and has been for a long time. By the time they would even think of improving the situation, it’ll be too late.

NC man

Can’t say I disagree with you. FedEx is stubborn beyond belief and has been for a long time. By the time they would even think of improving the situation, it’ll be too late.
It’s about the dollar, less express employees saves money,more profit. Our health ins has been getting worse,saves the company money,more profit. writing is on the wall.

Aquaman

It’s about the dollar, less express employees saves money,more profit. Our health ins has been getting worse,saves the company money,more profit. writing is on the wall.
they don’t make decisions unless they know something. And you can’t know something for certain until after it happens. It’s a super conservative company. Which means 40 cent raises.... just to be safe lol.

falcon back

they don’t make decisions unless they know something. And you can’t know something for certain until after it happens. It’s a super conservative company. Which means 40 cent raises.... just to be safe lol.
Too many playing on here while on the clock. Maybe 40 cents is all they deserve.

Bringitback

Too many playing on here while on the clock. Maybe 40 cents is all they deserve.
Quick math

X 8 hours
= $3.20

Average person will receive roughly 5 dollars for good measure. Totalling 25 dollars a week, 100 a month, 1200 a year. Now to say FedEx employee base is around 1 million.

This raise would cost 1.2 billion. That means in one quarter they paid for this plus have 3 additional quarters. My math or logic may be off.