Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

It will be fine

Quick math

X 8 hours
= $3.20

Average person will receive roughly 5 dollars for good measure. Totalling 25 dollars a week, 100 a month, 1200 a year. Now to say FedEx employee base is around 1 million.

This raise would cost 1.2 billion. That means in one quarter they paid for this plus have 3 additional quarters. My math or logic may be off.
Math is off. You didn’t include employer taxes, 401k matches, workman’s comp liability increase, unemployment insurance, etc. There are more costs to an employer for raises than just the pay.

floridays

Math is off. You didn’t include employer taxes, 401k matches, workman’s comp liability increase, unemployment insurance, etc. There are more costs to an employer for raises than just the pay.
Can you think of a better reason to not alienate employees? Some of those costs increase without raises when a workforce is alienated.

fdxsux

Look this company just plainly isn’t going to compete in pay. They’re not. We don’t need any more proof. They pay what they pay and that’s the way they like it. We’re never going to get UPS pay/progression. We probably won’t even compete with DHL’s pay since they’re smaller. Amazon is in a contractor model so FedEx doesn’t need to compete with them. There’s UPS that pays $40/hr. Express pays $20/hr. And that’s the way it is. We’re going to need A LOT of people to quit. And service is going to have to be impossible in order for them to compete. Even then this is a reactionary company. We get out ahead of nothing. So by the time they decide to really open up their wallet... we might be going out of business lol
This is true. FedEx will never change, so if you can’t beat them join them. They give me the least they can, I give them the least I can.

Artee

Oaklands $3/hr raise starts this week. That puts them over $39/hr. Sounds like they will also be eligible for whatever pay action comes up in oct.

Rumor going around that managers will also be getting an average bonus of $25k this year? I am not on any of the book of faces groups, so i have not heard from that rumor mill.

Aquaman

Oaklands $3/hr raise starts this week. That puts them over $39/hr. Sounds like they will also be eligible for whatever pay action comes up in oct.

Rumor going around that managers will also be getting an average bonus of $25k this year? I am not on any of the book of faces groups, so i have not heard from that rumor mill.
My station needs the $3 bump bad. They refuse. And people keep quitting. Can you blame them though. If they can profit this much while short staffed, why would they care about hiring?

Star B

White Lightening
Quick math

X 8 hours
= $3.20

Average person will receive roughly 5 dollars for good measure. Totalling 25 dollars a week, 100 a month, 1200 a year. Now to say FedEx employee base is around 1 million.

This raise would cost 1.2 billion. That means in one quarter they paid for this plus have 3 additional quarters. My math or logic may be off.
According to one of the filings in 2020 we had 600,000 employees.

Exclude pilots, managers, vmx. and any other exempt positions. You will see that dollar amount go down quickly.

Basement Dweller

It took 18 months but the Indy Hub is finally giving raises to Day sort after one bad Saturday where rollover was almost 50% because there was literally zero bodies to unload cans. Nights and Sunrise get additional $1 on top the 4$ they get now. The desperation is showing. HR reps from Memphis are getting all the same feedback: Low staffing count due to uncompeitive wages. Freaking McDonalds is hiring at $15 an hour and a fresh body at Fedex makes $16. Difference being one works in a climate control building cooking burgers and the other is handling 100 pound large power generators and golf bags. Seriously? What's the deal with Fedex and Golf? We get tens of thousands of golf clubs per day.

Aquaman

It took 18 months but the Indy Hub is finally giving raises to Day sort after one bad Saturday where rollover was almost 50% because there was literally zero bodies to unload cans. Nights and Sunrise get additional $1 on top the 4$ they get now. The desperation is showing. HR reps from Memphis are getting all the same feedback: Low staffing count due to uncompeitive wages. Freaking McDonalds is hiring at $15 an hour and a fresh body at Fedex makes $16. Difference being one works in a climate control building cooking burgers and the other is handling 100 pound large power generators and golf bags. Seriously? What's the deal with Fedex and Golf? We get tens of thousands of golf clubs per day.
FedEx is not going to compete. The company doesn’t care. This is a dream scenario for them. Think about it... low staffing, uncompetitive pay, record profits. What could be better?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is a dream scenario for them. Think about it... low staffing, uncompetitive pay, record profits. What could be better?
And it won’t last forever either.

The only thing FedEx has to attract and retain customers is service. Once that’s all gone it’s only a matter of time.

falcon back

And it won’t last forever either.

The only thing FedEx has to attract and retain customers is service. Once that’s all gone it’s only a matter of time.
Obviously you haven't used UPS or the USPS or Amazon lately. Service delays are not only a problem at Fedex. Get a 5th grader to read you a newspaper. Nearly every company and industry in the country is facing a shortage of employees. Bitterness just eats you alive and living on a tight budget doesn't help. Poor fella.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Obviously you haven't used UPS or the USPS or Amazon lately. Service delays are not only a problem at Fedex. Get a 5th grader to read you a newspaper. Nearly every company and industry in the country is facing a shortage of employees. Bitterness just eats you alive and living on a tight budget doesn't help. Poor fella.
Dunno where you’ve been but my all my stuff has been arriving from UPS and USPS in a timely manner. Those companies must dislike you as well as every business within a 100 mile radius of where you live. I’ll bet the post office and UPS screw around with your deliveries and get a good laugh watching you act like a 3rd grader having a temper tantrum.

Oh BTW if you’re an idiot, read this. 🤣

yadig

Not true. If you do a little research ups/usps are around 90% on time delivery. FedEx has dropped to around 80% and I believe it’s gonna drop more. FedEx has recently acknowledged this and, denied that it’s true. Hmm.

falcon back

Not true. If you do a little research ups/usps are around 90% on time delivery. FedEx has dropped to around 80% and I believe it’s gonna drop more. FedEx has recently acknowledged this and, denied that it’s true. Hmm.
My house has UPS drivers on each side. They tell me about their delays as a result of employee shortages and explosive volume. The Post Office has a scroll across their home page explaining delivery delays. I guess my neighbors and the Post Office website must be misinformed.