Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquaman

People will only put up with Covid as a crutch for bad service only for so long.
Express runs a service few people need anymore. How many people ordering an air fryer from Walmart.com care if it comes by 10:30? Or any time for that matter. Most people would rather it come at 6pm when they’re home, so it’s not sitting on their porch all day. I’ve had UPS & Amazon deliver packages at 8pm and I actually prefer it that late. E-commerce is exploding and people shopping online don’t care about time commits. Express has a place in delivering to businesses and hospitals and places that need things by a certain time. But in this e-commerce explosion express isn’t gonna be a major player long term. Aside from the week before Christmas.

It will be fine

Express runs a service few people need anymore. How many people ordering an air fryer from Walmart.com care if it comes by 10:30? Or any time for that matter. Most people would rather it come at 6pm when they’re home, so it’s not sitting on their porch all day. I’ve had UPS & Amazon deliver packages at 8pm and I actually prefer it that late. E-commerce is exploding and people shopping online don’t care about time commits. Express has a place in delivering to businesses and hospitals and places that need things by a certain time. But in this e-commerce explosion express isn’t gonna be a major player long term. Aside from the week before Christmas.
I’ve seen a bunch of the 4Z volume that comes over that had no reason to be in the Express network to begin with. Basic supplies shipped from within the state that would have arrived earlier had they been shipped Ground. Shippers will adjust. Express will end up being primarily focused on international freight.

Aquaman

I’ve seen a bunch of the 4Z volume that comes over that had no reason to be in the Express network to begin with. Basic supplies shipped from within the state that would have arrived earlier had they been shipped Ground. Shippers will adjust. Express will end up being primarily focused on international freight.
I personally think express will end up international/business, and ground will end up the e-commerce residential monster it’s becoming. Express hates delivering residentials. Fred prefers to have a contractor employee with no benefits and making less do the one box to one house stuff. For now we’re handing the non-profitable 4Z local express stuff to ground. It won’t be long before Ground just takes it from the start. Doing this hand off at the origin is just logistically dumb. It’s a way for express to still profit off the stuff they don’t want to deliver. But it’s not the long term solution.

falcon back

Volume is exploding and Express is a service people don't need anymore?

MAKAVELI

Express will continue to operate as it does now both domestic and international until forced to change either by removal from the RLA or pressure from stockholders to combine opcos. And no that 4Z volume wouldn't arrive earlier in the ground system because you don't do same-day pu.

It will be fine

Express will continue to operate as it does now both domestic and international until forced to change either by removal from the RLA or pressure from stockholders to combine opcos. And no that 4Z volume wouldn't arrive earlier in the ground system because you don't do same-day pu.
What are you talking about? The ship date is on the label. You don’t think we pick up packages the same day they are created?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’m talking about deliveries being days late. Shoulda’ made myself a bit more clear. Anyway yes there is a lot of crap shipped P1 or even FO that really doesn’t really need any commitment times. With that out of the way, I’m sure there’s been more than a few people infuriated about time sensitive business documents not delivered in a timely matter. Not all deliveries are of the Walmart.com variety.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
For a person who is supposedly retired and loving life, you spend an awful lot of time on these forums spouting crap. Go enjoy your retirement...or just hurry up and die! Your choice.
The truth be told, he isn’t even retired yet.

Everything he posts is BS.

falcon back

For a person who is supposedly retired and loving life, you spend an awful lot of time on these forums spouting crap. Go enjoy your retirement...or just hurry up and die! Your choice.
I find the post here more humorous than the comics. It's too hot to fish and my golf game is pretty depressing so I am taking a few days off. Decided to hit some Cardinals baseball games. The Twins and the Braves are in town this coming week. I hope I don't die anytime soon but thanks for the kind words.

Empty Pockets

I have heard a few different rumors about raises. A month ago, we were hearing that the uppers rejected any raise. Recently, We are hearing 7% for top and a three step progression. Has anyone else heard about this?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I have heard a few different rumors about raises. A month ago, we were hearing that the uppers rejected any raise. Recently, We are hearing 7% for top and a three step progression. Has anyone else heard about this?
Anything you’ve heard is a rumor started by someone who starts rumors for :censored2:s&Giggles.

I know, I’m guilty!

Empty Pockets

I stated a few years ago about my thoughts on raises and the ten tier system. They have strategically manipulated pay for over 30 years and I do not see them changing now. Before we ever see a $3 raise, I believe they would just lay us off and restart again like DHL or Airborne/Emery was operated. I am bias that way but know for a fact that Anna Lewis, VP has been told that we have to pay our drivers more or we will not have any. Her Reply was, "Well, y'all need to sell the product." Bwahahaha

Working4the1%

I find the post here more humorous than the comics. It's too hot to fish and my golf game is pretty depressing so I am taking a few days off. Decided to hit some Cardinals baseball games. The Twins and the Braves are in town this coming week. I hope I don't die anytime soon but thanks for the kind words.
Google. Obesity. You chose it

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"I like having my stuff delivered later in the day so that means everyone else does too."