Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquaman

You'd be happy with just a 5% raise?

Our step progression plan was just a touch over 5% per step. I think hordes of couriers will be leaving if we don't get at least 1-2 steps this fall. We have a small-med size station and we're losing people way quicker than we can hire replacements.
Every station is. And the company doesn’t care because of record profits. They’re not going to give us 2 steps, let’s get that out of the way right now for all the dreamers lol. Never going to happen. They’re not going to make employees happy. They want to toe the line of being mad enough to quit, but not quitting. Probably 4%

Aquaman

But they are indeed quitting now. A lot aren't even waiting to see what the pay increase will be in the fall.
And once the quitting starts hurting profit.. you’ll see a reaction. This company is incredibly conservative and they never make a move until after they have to. Looking at the profit they’re making, they really don’t care about the current state of your station. If we weren’t making record profit they wouldn’t even be giving select locations $3 retention pay. I agree that low staffing & pay is a major problem and it’s going to hurt them EVENTUALLY. But right now, they don’t care.

NC man

And once the quitting starts hurting profit.. you’ll see a reaction. This company is incredibly conservative and they never make a move until after they have to. Looking at the profit they’re making, they really don’t care about the current state of your station. If we weren’t making record profit they wouldn’t even be giving select locations $3 retention pay. I agree that low staffing & pay is a major problem and it’s going to hurt them EVENTUALLY. But right now, they don’t care.

Yep,crap goes downhill,they just put mgrs on call to explain why service sucks etc.

NC man

I would take 5%. Medical goes up 2%. (Guessing). Leaving with the same raise Burger King gets. Good for morale when you leave the building this December at 10:40 with 160 stops.

The way our mid day brings back stops I will have no problem returning with Undeld at peak

Serf

You'd be happy with just a 5% raise?

Our step progression plan was just a touch over 5% per step. I think hordes of couriers will be leaving if we don't get at least 1-2 steps this fall. We have a small-med size station and we're losing people way quicker than we can hire replacements.
Obviously want and even heard slightly higher. But like always. Even if it is higher. Wherever they give, they increase somewhere else, cut, etc.

Artee

So ground is paying handlers close to $25/hr now for the next couple months? FedEx Freight is paying starting drivers now $27/hr for the next couple months? Its gonna suck when the pay for these positions goes back down. Wonder if those people will bail when they get a pay cut.

Artee

They are trying to get AGFS to go to a 5 step plan. Talk of the higher ups in the company is the thinking of a two step increase for DGO/AGFSs driver this year and they will not be waiting until October to announce it. Somewhere around the last of August/early September.

zeev

I thought crappy health insurance would afford a bigger raise but now had to sign a new firearm policy so I think that means low if any raise.

Aquaman

So ground is paying handlers close to $25/hr now for the next couple months? FedEx Freight is paying starting drivers now $27/hr for the next couple months? Its gonna suck when the pay for these positions goes back down. Wonder if those people will bail when they get a pay cut.
Ground is starting Handlers at $22/hr in my area. And Freight handlers are starting at $19.91/hr... starting Express RTD....... $19.80/hr........

!Retired!

I have heard a few different rumors about raises. A month ago, we were hearing that the uppers rejected any raise. Recently, We are hearing 7% for top and a three step progression. Has anyone else heard about this?
How does a person on step 8 or 9 get a 3 step progression?
when you leave the building this December at 10:40 with 160 stops.
LOL......that would be a good day
The company used to be so proactive, it confused people why they did stuff. Now their so late in reacting and it's making people sick.

Working4the1%

No you are conservative .

whatwhat

The most consistent rumors I have heard, is one of 2 options:

1. 2-3 step increases plus a bump in starting and top pay (to help hire and retain)

2. Changing the whole pay structure again, from a 10 step to a 5 step, and giving the people that worked for the past year 2 step raise on top of raising the top and bottom pay.

The number 2 option I have actually heard confirmation, that it has been discussed and is currently being seriously considered, on from really high up in the company (we are talking about high ups in Memphis).

Once again, this is all rumors at this point, however I can almost guarantee that by now they already know exactly what they will be doing. They have to do something extreme, otherwise a lot of couriers and other hourly employees will be looking for employment elsewhere, as it is really easy to find a well paying job at the moment.

Aquaman

1. 2-3 step increases plus a bump in starting and top pay (to help hire and retain)

2. Changing the whole pay structure again, from a 10 step to a 5 step, and giving the people that worked for the past year 2 step raise on top of raising the top and bottom pay.

The number 2 option I have actually heard confirmation, that it has been discussed and is currently being seriously considered, on from really high up in the company (we are talking about high ups in Memphis).

Once again, this is all rumors at this point, however I can almost guarantee that by now they already know exactly what they will be doing. They have to do something extreme, otherwise a lot of couriers and other hourly employees will be looking for employment elsewhere, as it is really easy to find a well paying job at the moment.
It’s a very important raise that’s for sure. They need to get it right.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Changing the 10-step to a 5-step progression, before freezing any advancements.

Suckers.