Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serf

It doesn’t really matter. Because it’s not enough. Or barley is, depending on where you live. Oooo, I make 32.13 an hour plus time and a half. But my medical for my family is gang rape. And my taxes go to all sorts of programs I’ve never even heard of. I hope the future democratic administrations hijack 40% of my 401k to pay off the national debt..
Im half kidding. But it could always be worse.

Aquaman

It doesn’t really matter. Because it’s not enough. Or barley is, depending on where you live. Oooo, I make 32.13 an hour plus time and a half. But my medical for my family is gang rape. And my taxes go to all sorts of programs I’ve never even heard of. I hope the future democratic administrations hijack 40% of my 401k to pay off the national debt..
You must be topped out lol.

Guitarman01

You must be topped out lol.
lol im sorry but yea making 32 an hour is not a good argument, thats good money. Plus he threw in the time and a half. That reminds me of my local ups hub truck washers making 40 an hour and they are complaining.
Im sorry, but no.
Fedex insurance is actually pretty decent too, not many companies cover adult braces or laser eye surgery.
Plus their 401k is going to match more then what you actually put in starting next year.
I hope you were kidding lol.

Working4the1%

How has your financial status changed from Trump administration to Biden Administration..

Serf

lol im sorry but yea making 32 an hour is not a good argument, thats good money. Plus he threw in the time and a half. That reminds me of my local ups hub truck washers making 40 an hour and they are complaining.
Im sorry, but no.
Fedex insurance is actually pretty decent too, not many companies cover adult braces or laser eye surgery.
Plus their 401k is going to match more then what you actually put in starting next year.
I hope you were kidding lol.
I’m not saying it’s not ok. It just covers everything to have a modest life. The mythical top pay number is just a number. When you live in an area where homes are half a million $ and taxes are 13-18k on average. It’s a bitch.

Aquaman

I’m not saying it’s not ok. It just covers everything to have a modest life. The mythical top pay number is just a number. When you live in an area where homes are half a million $ and taxes are 13-18k on average. It’s a bitch.
Well the job isn’t worth 6 figures what do you expect? You’d be screwed on buying a home even if you made $100,000 lol. I personally don’t think this job is worth $60K - $70K a year.. but after 10 years the driver sure is. The company doesn’t value the job being worth that much anymore though. It’s why they try NOT to pay people that. And with cell phones, navigation apps, and google they clearly think anyone can do the job now so we’re worth even less to them.

Serf

Well I hope that helps with your feat of the big bad boogeyman Democratic administration
I’ve moved on from that. Now my sole concern is with vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines for children. Schools/universities/employers. Etc. And maybe even a massive tax or confiscation of 401k funds and the like.

Aquaman

I’ve moved on from that. Now my sole concern is with vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines for children. Schools/universities/employers. Etc. And maybe even a massive tax or confiscation of 401k funds and the like.
They’re going to force this on kids. Guaranteed. Schools are absolutely going to require this. Better chance that happens than your employer.

Serf

They’re going to force this on kids. Guaranteed. Schools are absolutely going to require this. Better chance that happens than your employer.
I agree. Which is why we’ve discussed homeschooling. Regardless of opinion on this “vaccine.” We’re just not willing to give it to the children.

yadig

I feel somewhat fortunate that I'm not as bad off as a lot of those who started before me. I'm on Step 4 and just hit 8 years.

We had a guy hired in the summer of 2017 on Step 1. Moved to Step 2 in Oct 2017. In Apr 2018 the company did our step increases 6 months early and this guy got moved to Step 3. A friggin' 1-year employee on the 3rd step, and then we have others like you two getting hosed previously (and continually!) for years. That's just one more example of how friend'd up their pay is at Express.
UNION!! It’s simple

Empty Pockets

if we get 7% I will be completely shocked,maybe faint lol
They have systematically cut raises in half three times in the last 30 years. It appears that their goal is to pay as little as possible and they have been getting by by doing so. We are interviewing for RTD positions off the street this week. Every trucking company has a yard here. What kind of folks are gonna take these jobs? The ones who lost jobs at the others or ones who are unemployable. Yea, go us.

MAKAVELI

They have systematically cut raises in half three times in the last 30 years. It appears that their goal is to pay as little as possible and they have been getting by by doing so. We are interviewing for RTD positions off the street this week. Every trucking company has a yard here. What kind of folks are gonna take these jobs? The ones who lost jobs at the others or ones who are unemployable. Yea, go us.
The company seems to love the bottom of the barrel these days.