Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guitarman01

The company promised a pay step progression program, then they did not implement it for more than 2 to 3 years. That is why people thought maybe at least they would catch them up to close to where they should be if the company had kept its word.
How long has this 10 step pay progression program been around?

Artee

That memo about the RTD pay is not all correct. It keeps saying all RTDs will move to the new pay scale but it's only the non topped out drivers that will actually see increases.

MAKAVELI

That memo about the RTD pay is not all correct. It keeps saying all RTDs will move to the new pay scale but it's only the non topped out drivers that will actually see increases.
Much like the topped out couriers they know they aren't going anywhere so the company decides to give them nothing.

fatboy33

Much like the topped out couriers they know they aren't going anywhere so the company decides to give them nothing.
Thats what we said, every year, for 20 plus years. How do they expect us to catch top of pay if they continue to increase it. I've never not know them to raise T.O.P. unless there were no raises given that year.

Buhryein

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-023323_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-023323_Chrome.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 57

Artee

I like your optimism but our manager said that there is no pay increase for people on step 10 aka top of range. The memo that was handed out repeatedly says that all RT drivers will get a pay increase so either manager is wrong or it's a poorly written memo and it was rushed out. According to the table in the memo the last step step 10 aka step 5 is what our current hourly rate is, so it does not show an increase like the other steps.

Aquaman

Are swings and dispatchers going to keep the same pay as RTD?
Doesn’t seem like it. All the wording was RTD specific. No mention of swings/dispatcher/ramp
agents. Our top out is the same as theirs. That didn’t increase. But our starting pay shot up. I don’t think their going to increase starting pay for those other jobs by $3. My guess is they’ll stay on the 10 step with same top out as us. We’ll just progress faster.

Aquaman

I like your optimism but our manager said that there is no pay increase for people on step 10 aka top of range. The memo that was handed out repeatedly says that all RT drivers will get a pay increase so either manager is wrong or it's a poorly written memo and it was rushed out. According to the table in the memo the last step step 10 aka step 5 is what our current hourly rate is, so it does not show an increase like the other steps.
Top out is getting nothing. No bonus. No lump sum. No raise.

Aquaman

That is what our manager communicated to us, though the memo clearly states something different. I assume the memo was rushed out and not proof read.
Doesn’t matter what it said. Look at the steps. Top out isn’t moving this year.

Artee

Doesn’t matter what it said. Look at the steps. Top out isn’t moving this year.
How do you know it's not moving? It says all RTDs will be increasing to a higher rate of pay. So is the chart wrong or is their wording wrong? The chart doesn't even show the correct top pay for our market. For a company that's been planning this for many months They can't even get out the correct information.

Stat41

Thats what we said, every year, for 20 plus years. How do they expect us to catch top of pay if they continue to increase it. I've never not know them to raise T.O.P. unless there were no raises given that year.
My thought was that they would give the midrange at least 2 to three steps to help catch up, and give the topouts about 2% to help with cost of living increases. Mid range would have gotten much more of a raise than topouts, and those topped out would have at least have gotten an honorable mention. In my opinion, they have failed everyone, except themselves and the shareholders of course.

Stat41

How long has this 10 step pay progression program been around?
Im thinking it was around 2016 or 2017. Its now 2021. According to my math, that is 5 steps that have not been given the midrange. And now during record volume and a difficult pandemic, they are only giving the midrange 1 step! As a topped out employee, I would feel much better about getting no raise if they had at least tried to make things right with the midrange.