Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Empty Pockets

That memo about the RTD pay is not all correct. It keeps saying all RTDs will move to the new pay scale but it's only the non topped out drivers that will actually see increases.
This will not be the first time they have blatantly lied to us. In 2016, they presented the new ten tier system verbally as a ten year plan. If you pull up the "2016 Pay Actions" info on the intranet, the sheet says to enable employees to reach top of range quicker. In their 2018 policy on pay, it states that it is not a ten year plan because raises will be given when the company has a good year. Just read the info I posted on the bottom of page 35...
In one place: "We will transition all RTDs from the current 10-step plan to the new five-step plan, as follows:"

But in under "Talking Points" it plainly says, "
  • Our leadership has announced that RTDs will be moving to an enhanced step progression plan – a five-year plan versus the current 10-year plan.
My thought was that they would give the midrange at least 2 to three steps to help catch up, and give the topouts about 2% to help with cost of living increases. Mid range would have gotten much more of a raise than topouts, and those topped out would have at least have gotten an honorable mention. In my opinion, they have failed everyone, except themselves and the shareholders of course.
The topped out folks are not leaving. To be topped out, they have to be over 45 years old and are lifers. They will be dropping off randomly to retire. The replacements and folks less than halfway up the pay scale are the ones leaving. Trained drivers will go where they make more money. The new drivers that are not trained are getting trained and leaving as early as 6 months after training to make 5 plus dollars per hour more at any other trucking company. Therefore, they do not feel the need to topped out drivers a raise to keep them here longer.
I am not sure about NIL, but previously, Fedex has accommodated the U of M athletes by giving their Mom a manager job in the hub. Technically, that was legal.
They want topped out to leave in the worst way, If you got a raise be happy there will be no 5 step or 5 year plan freight will be continued to be shifted to Ground to compete with Amazon.

Empty Pockets

Im thinking it was around 2016 or 2017. Its now 2021. According to my math, that is 5 steps that have not been given the midrange. And now during record volume and a difficult pandemic, they are only giving the midrange 1 step! As a topped out employee, I would feel much better about getting no raise if they had at least tried to make things right with the midrange.
They truly do not care about anyone but themselves. The only reason they are doing this "RTD Only 5 Step" change is because even the midrange folks are leaving now and very few of the newer drivers are staying. We have hired more drivers in the last two years than we currently have on the schedule due to most leaving.
So...let me get this straight. Thank you for risking your lives the last 2 years while X enjoys record profits. Nothing for topped out which really means a pay cut for them once insurance hikes are announced. What is there to look forward to when you see the very top getting hosed? A step increase won’t even cover the increase of gasoline nowadays. WTF is the goal here? If it’s to piss everyone off it’s working.
For some reason, they get off on putting the farm animals in their place and repeatedly letting us know that they do not care about us.
I didn't see the new rate conversion chart that the memo speaks about. Can you post it or type it out? The conversion that if you're currently on step X on the 10 step plan, what step is it on the new plan and what that pay rate is. Can you break it down since I didn't see the graph anywhere?
Sorry, it did not come out in my post,
1628436977180.png

1628437006659.png

And adopting the methods that new-hires use to negatively affect productivity is only reasonable, since the Company has most convincingly communicated your worth.
They broke my heart for the last time. We come to work hoping for the best, but now, I come to work expecting the worst and I am never disappointed. Imagine dating your perfect woman for years and then get dumped. It hurts. That is Fedex. I go to work every day like I am dating the scankiest stripper from the back of the Pony. If she cheats on me...it is no loss, was expected.

fatboy33

My thought was that they would give the midrange at least 2 to three steps to help catch up, and give the topouts about 2% to help with cost of living increases. Mid range would have gotten much more of a raise than topouts, and those topped out would have at least have gotten an honorable mention. In my opinion, they have failed everyone, except themselves and the shareholders of course.
In this ponzi scam that is the stock market, shareholders always come first. :teethy:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because that’s what they needed to do to stop the bleeding. People though they’d actually try to stop it. But they seem to be cool with bleeding out.
Couriers and others put on their "Here's what I'd do if I ran the company" hats, which is fine, and then expected the company to implement the ideas that they came up with, which is silly. Really, these great expectations were created out of whole cloth and then those who expected to benefit from them kept telling themselves how great it was going to be. That is NEVER a good idea.

59 Dano

And adopting the methods that new-hires use to negatively affect productivity is only reasonable, since the Company has most convincingly communicated your worth.
Someone set me straight.

I was told that young guns (and swings, for that matter) don't do things by the book, and that's how they crank up their SPH.
Now it's young guns don't do things by the book, and that's why their SPH isn't so hot.

Which is it?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Couriers and others put on their "Here's what I'd do if I ran the company" hats, which is fine, and then expected the company to implement the ideas that they came up with, which is silly. Really, these great expectations were created out of whole cloth and then those who expected to benefit from them kept telling themselves how great it was going to be. That is NEVER a good idea.
Much like being told what a valued Team Member they are.

Until it’s time to place your bets. Empty words wagers payoff will be, what?

Like I said earlier, hope FedEx has a contingency plan.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Someone set me straight.

I was told that young guns (and swings, for that matter) don't do things by the book, and that's how they crank up their SPH.
Now it's young guns don't do things by the book, and that's why their SPH isn't so hot.

Which is it?
What, in your experience, do new hires manage to contribute to productivity?

59 Dano

The topped out folks are not leaving. To be topped out, they have to be over 45 years old and are lifers. They will be dropping off randomly to retire.

You should see the screaming on FB from FTers threatening to leave. Give them 15 minutes of searching on Indeed.com and they'll settle down.

I am not sure about NIL
It has nothing to do with any of this and anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack.

Stat41

You should see the screaming on FB from FTers threatening to leave. Give them 15 minutes of searching on Indeed.com and they'll settle down.

It has nothing to do with any of this and anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack.
Like I have told my kids, do not leave a current job until you have found a better one. Decisions like this should not be based on emotions. Everyone needs to run the numbers, weigh what is most important to them and their situation, and stay or don't stay accordingly. Im older, topped out, and I have decided to stay. There is still money to be made and benefits to be taken advantage of. I will still do a good job but will use the system and benefits to my advantage, not theirs.

59 Dano

What, in your experience, do new hires manage to contribute to productivity?
After a few months, they get up to par.

The trade-off in this hypothetical situation is decreased productivity for a couple of months followed by comparable performance for $10/hour less.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
After a few months, they get up to par.

The trade-off in this hypothetical situation is decreased productivity for a couple of months followed by comparable performance for $10/hour less.
Then, based on your theoretical, there should only be two pay rates.

New hire, and topped out.

Maybe your philosophy will come to bite you in the ass.

59 Dano

Then, based on your theoretical, there should only be two pay rates.

New hire, and topped out.

Maybe your philosophy will come to bite you in the ass.
I said that given a set of circumstances, you'd get a certain result. Any opinions about whether it should/shouldn't be done or how many pay rates there should be are just that - opinions.

NC man

Someone set me straight.

Which is it?
We have not been held to or even given a SPH goal in at least two years. They are happy if it just gets deld especially during December. No raise for top sucks but I’m doing one more peak and then Im retiring at 61. If anyone is under 45 or even 50 I would look elsewhere.This company does not care about frontline employees ,benefits get worse by the year etc. Find something else and don’t look back.

NC man

Have read Fed is busing in people to mem hub from Arkansas to help staffing, I know its on the border, but how does anyone see hub staffing getting better unless they keep upping the pay. Even then many will say screw it. Better get the robots built.

falcon back

So you don't think it's a slap in the face to FDX employees that the company has obligated to pay college athletes close to 7 figures at the University of Memphis in the new NIL arrangement but can only give small raises and not even make up for lost years as far as step raises?

Myort

I’m going to bid on an RTD job next chance I get. Then look at trucking companies from there. Done with the swing driver life of this is how we are treated.