Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat41

The company said nothing and people managed to interpret that silence as a 3 step increase.
The company told the midrange years ago that they would be getting raises yearly according to the then new step progression program. They did not do it. It would be a logical conclusion that during record profits and this difficult time that the company would at least give them half of what was promised. I know the company did not promise a 3 step increase. But the expectation and hopes of the employees for one was a righteous one.

falcon back

The reason the company can't give the raises everyone thought they were getting is because FDX is now paying the NIL fees for the Memphis Tigers athletes. That just started and FDX is jumping on board with basketball now and others sports will follow.

zeev

They want topped out to leave in the worst way, If you got a raise be happy there will be no 5 step or 5 year plan freight will be continued to be shifted to Ground to compete with Amazon.

Aquaman

The company told the midrange years ago that they would be getting raises yearly according to the then new step progression program. They did not do it. It would be a logical conclusion that during record profits and this difficult time that the company would at least give them half of what was promised. I know the company did not promise a 3 step increase. But the expectation and hopes of the employees for one was a righteous one.
The company never promised the 10 step plan was annual. It was definitely marketed that way and the company continues to tell new hires 10 YEARS... The plan was also built to FIX the massive progression problem. Having 10 steps that take 20 years to get doesn’t change a thing. So it was absolutely supposed to be 10 years. Problem with this new 5 step plan is they won’t stick to this either. These 5 steps will still take forever. Looks a lot better on paper though and massively raised starting pay. Which is all they really care about. This new plan isn’t exactly fair either. Step 4 & 5 are both going to the new step 3. That’s a $2.69 raise for the step 5 guy, and a $4.00 raise for the step 4 guy.

Last edited:

thedownhillEXPRESS

Nice kick in the nuts to all the career employees who’ve been watching their real wages drop with inflation while working for a company trying to portray itself as a hero during the pandemic. We must have basically sociopaths at the top starting with Dick Jr.

Godzilla55

So...let me get this straight. Thank you for risking your lives the last 2 years while X enjoys record profits. Nothing for topped out which really means a pay cut for them once insurance hikes are announced. What is there to look forward to when you see the very top getting hosed? A step increase won’t even cover the increase of gasoline nowadays. WTF is the goal here? If it’s to piss everyone off it’s working.

FedexCares

They want topped out to leave in the worst way, If you got a raise be happy there will be no 5 step or 5 year plan freight will be continued to be shifted to Ground to compete with Amazon.
I think it’s this. FedEx really wants all those old, expensive topped out guys to leave sooner rather then later, to be replaced with younger and much less expensive employees. I don’t think they could be sending the message any clearer, if there is indeed no raise for topped out folks.

Gone fishin

I think it’s this. FedEx really wants all those old, expensive topped out guys to leave sooner rather then later, to be replaced with younger and much less expensive employees. I don’t think they could be sending the message any clearer, if there is indeed no raise for topped out folks.
The topped out old people aren’t going anywhere. They’re locked in with 5 weeks vacation and not being at the bottom of a new job at age 50 plus. It’s the middle people and new hires they need to worry about

fedx

Extra Large Package
The company never promised the 10 step plan was annual. It was definitely marketed that way and the company continues to tell new hires 10 YEARS... The plan was also built to FIX the massive progression problem. Having 10 steps that take 20 years to get doesn’t change a thing. So it was absolutely supposed to be 10 years. Problem with this new 5 step plan is they won’t stick to this either. These 5 steps will still take forever. Looks a lot better on paper though and massively raised starting pay. Which is all they really care about. This new plan isn’t exactly fair either. Step 4 & 5 are both going to the new step 3. That’s a $2.69 raise for the step 5 guy, and a $4.00 raise for the step 4 guy.

I didn't see the new rate conversion chart that the memo speaks about. Can you post it or type it out? The conversion that if you're currently on step X on the 10 step plan, what step is it on the new plan and what that pay rate is. Can you break it down since I didn't see the graph anywhere?

Working4the1%

The reason the company can't give the raises everyone thought they were getting is because FDX is now paying the NIL fees for the Memphis Tigers athletes. That just started and FDX is jumping on board with basketball now and others sports will follow.
I blame bloated pensions given to arrogant former couriers. Now 1 courier does the same area as 3 former slackers

falcon back

I blame bloated pensions given to arrogant former couriers. Now 1 courier does the same area as 3 former slackers
FDX really is jumping on board withe NCAA rule letting athletes get paid while in college. Saw on Sports Center that Memphis just got the #1 basketball player in the country and 1 reason listed was that FDX was gonna be heavily involved with paying the athletes

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I’m at the top, I’m gonna get all I can get until they take the portable away. I’m gonna screw them to death!
And adopting the methods that new-hires use to negatively affect productivity is only reasonable, since the Company has most convincingly communicated your worth.

falcon back

You haven't started drawing your defined benefit yet?

Where do these checks come from you get on the 5th of each month?
401k check each 5th. Letting my 2 pensions grow for a few years before I begin drawing them. Traditional is growing by 10% a year, Portable by 4%. Great guaranteed return.