Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fedx

Extra Large Package
Leave it to FedEx to still find a way to screw RTDs. Instead of moving us up a pay step in the current pay progression, then converting it to the new system, we are just getting moved over to the new system. So if you're currently on step 5, you'll just be moved over to step 3 without a pay step up before being moved over. So if you're right now on 5, you won't be moved to step 6 and then switched over to step 4 on the new plan. You'll be stuck on step 3 instead. So basically you're not moving up a pay step like they promised. You're just getting a "raise" on your current pay step. Way to go FedEx. You never seem to disappoint in finding ways to screw people over. Then they wonder why people are leaving. Hopefully this new lame plan won't stop the bleeding of RTDs.

fatboy33

They truly do not care about anyone but themselves. The only reason they are doing this "RTD Only 5 Step" change is because even the midrange folks are leaving now and very few of the newer drivers are staying. We have hired more drivers in the last two years than we currently have on the schedule due to most leaving.

For some reason, they get off on putting the farm animals in their place and repeatedly letting us know that they do not care about us.

Sorry, it did not come out in my post,
View attachment 347509
View attachment 347510

They broke my heart for the last time. We come to work hoping for the best, but now, I come to work expecting the worst and I am never disappointed. Imagine dating your perfect woman for years and then get dumped. It hurts. That is Fedex. I go to work every day like I am dating the scankiest stripper from the back of the Pony. If she cheats on me...it is no loss, was expected.
So if I'm reading this right, they're eliminating the 10 step program and compartmentalizing it down to 5? So if someone is at step 8 they'll jump up to step 5? Would the 36.60 be the new top pay for a step 8?

floridays

401k check each 5th. Letting my 2 pensions grow for a few years before I begin drawing them. Traditional is growing by 10% a year, Portable by 4%. Great guaranteed return.
Exactly how is your traditional (defined benefit) growing by 10%.?

When the plan was in effect as a pension the largest growth, (the defined growth) was 2% of your highest 5 years earnings averaged.

Growth was capped at 25 years, the maximum benefit, paid monthly (after retirement) was capped at 50% of those highest 5 years to calculate the benefit.

What was the stated benefit at the time of your retirement for your 25 years of capped credited service?

It is a number that is easily accessed, and will tell us precisely how much you made in your highest five years of earnings.

It will be fine

Leave it to FedEx to still find a way to screw RTDs. Instead of moving us up a pay step in the current pay progression, then converting it to the new system, we are just getting moved over to the new system. So if you're currently on step 5, you'll just be moved over to step 3 without a pay step up before being moved over. So if you're right now on 5, you won't be moved to step 6 and then switched over to step 4 on the new plan. You'll be stuck on step 3 instead. So basically you're not moving up a pay step like they promised. You're just getting a "raise" on your current pay step. Way to go FedEx. You never seem to disappoint in finding ways to screw people over. Then they wonder why people are leaving. Hopefully this new lame plan won't stop the bleeding of RTDs.
The RTD plan looks more targeted at recruitment than retention to me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So you don't think it's a slap in the face to FDX employees that the company has obligated to pay college athletes close to 7 figures at the University of Memphis in the new NIL arrangement but can only give small raises and not even make up for lost years as far as step raises?
No more than spending millions a year on Denny Hamlin or spending millions a year on NFL related sponsorships.

fedx

Extra Large Package
The RTD plan looks more targeted at recruitment than retention to me.

Well if they aren't moving people up a pay step under the old plan before switching to the new plan, then yes they are not trying to retain current drivers. Current drivers will still be looking at 10 years (or longer) to top out while new recruits will likely be topped out in 5 or so years. Obviously the best way to retain RTDs would be to automatically top out anyone who's been working over 5 years as an RTD, but looks like topping out will still take years and years, if ever.

Last edited:

floridays

Couriers and others put on their "Here's what I'd do if I ran the company" hats, which is fine, and then expected the company to implement the ideas that they came up with, which is silly. Really, these great expectations were created out of whole cloth and then those who expected to benefit from them kept telling themselves how great it was going to be. That is NEVER a good idea.
The fact is these courriers are really voicing their expectations, what is needed or "fair" to possibly remain employed, to not seek other employment.

There are alternatives in this market, it's fair market capitalism that seems to favor the employed in this period.

Strike while the iron is hot.

SFFX

Well if they aren't moving people up a pay step under the old plan before switching to the new plan, then yes they are not try to retain current drivers. Current drivers will still be looking at 10 years (or longer) to top out while new recruits will likely be topped out in 5 or so years. Obviously the best way to retain RTDs would be to automatically top out anyone who's been working over 5 years as an RTD, but looks like topping out will still take years and years, if ever.
Lol 10 years to top out, been here 15 and im a step 6.

I find i humorous that a people who will be hired between now and Oct will get a raise, but not the toped out. Literally giving a raise to a non
employee and giving a pay cut to toped out since we all know insurance will go up this year.

fatboy33

Lol 10 years to top out, been here 15 and im a step 6.

I find i humorous that a people who will be hired between now and Oct will get a raise, but not the toped out. Literally giving a raise to a non
employee and giving a pay cut to toped out since we all know insurance will go up this year.
So only the new hirers are getting a raise. No raises for the top out and mid ranges??

floridays

After a few months, they get up to par.

The trade-off in this hypothetical situation is decreased productivity for a couple of months followed by comparable performance for $10/hour less.
If this is the new thinking exactly where did the Fedex claim, the promise of a premium service, those that dictate higher rates,
Where did it go?

SFFX

So only the new hirers are getting a raise. No raises for the top out and mid ranges??
No, making the statement that a new hire that is hired in the next few weeks will move to step 2 in October. But toped out get nothing.

Everyone will go up 1 step, with no COLA across the board.

They use to do a 3% with next step. So each step would go up.

Empty Pockets

We have not been held to or even given a SPH goal in at least two years. They are happy if it just gets deld especially during December. No raise for top sucks but I’m doing one more peak and then Im retiring at 61. If anyone is under 45 or even 50 I would look elsewhere.This company does not care about frontline employees ,benefits get worse by the year etc. Find something else and don’t look back.
IMHO, anyone at age 40 with 20 years of service should look to go elsewhere. If you are blue collar, sacrifice to an RTD and then start putting in resumes. Getting out at 40 to 45 is perfect to go elsewhere and get another pension. A union company would be best. Then, Retire at 60ish with two pensions. The dumbest thing to do is be a lifer like me and only have the FedEx pension to fall back on.
Have read Fed is busing in people to mem hub from Arkansas to help staffing, I know its on the border, but how does anyone see hub staffing getting better unless they keep upping the pay. Even then many will say screw it. Better get the robots built.
They have three busses coming in from Greenville, Ms. every night. They also began hiring ex cons/felons. They are even offering to pay for drug programs for addicts. It appears that they now have recruiting going on in the freaking courts.
So if I'm reading this right, they're eliminating the 10 step program and compartmentalizing it down to 5? So if someone is at step 8 they'll jump up to step 5? Would the 36.60 be the new top pay for a step 8?
It would depend on your market level. My area is the base which has the same top out. I do not know how to find out market level but know that if you do not live is a huge city, you will not get that much. I think the top market level is for San Fran, LA, Ancorage, NY and such.

Empty Pockets

I was told that one of the FedEx Facebook pages just changed their name. I am not sure if that is true but the name is priceless....
Underpaid FedEx Employees

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was told that one of the FedEx Facebook pages just changed their name. I am not sure if that is true but the name is priceless....
Underpaid FedEx Employees
Yes, it’s true. It was the FedEx Employees page. They said yesterday that they can’t change it back until after 28 days because of Facebook rules.

59 Dano

The fact is these courriers are really voicing their expectations, what is needed or "fair" to possibly remain employed, to not seek other employment.
And those who seek other employment are replaced every day. When that proves to be too difficult, Express will do something.

floridays

Then, based on your theoretical, there should only be two pay rates.

New hire, and topped out.

Maybe your philosophy will come to bite you in the ass.
You're a smart guy Mr. Myth, I'm glad your brother blueprinted it for you. :rolleyes:
Might be a a goodtime for this Boxsite to get a Shiner Bock, Cheers Festus. :thumbup1:

59 Dano

If this is the new thinking exactly where did the Fedex claim, the promise of a premium service, those that dictate higher rates,
Where did it go?
Is it worth paying Joe $28/hour for 14.6 SPH when Jim can get yuou 13.1 SPH for $18?

59 Dano

No, making the statement that a new hire that is hired in the next few weeks will move to step 2 in October. But toped out get nothing.

Everyone will go up 1 step, with no COLA across the board.

They use to do a 3% with next step. So each step would go up.
They did that once.