Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquaman

The RTD plan looks more targeted at recruitment than retention to me.
Bingo. Starting pay jumped up almost $4. My raise from step 5 to step 3 is $2.69. Not bad. But the guys on step 4 going to step 3 are getting $4. I think they should’ve given us a step and THEN moved us over. But that would’ve been too good lol.

Aquaman

They did that once.
Ya the step plan is still new. They do something one year and that becomes the next years expectation. They need to stick to the plan and employees will calm down. Even if it was 4% or 5% which is less than a step. Consistency is the key. You have a massive group of hourly employees that aren’t very well paid, not knowing what the company is going to do year to year. It’s just a bad morale formula. Prioritize the plan and people will be happy.

floridays

And those who seek other employment are replaced every day. When that proves to be too difficult, Express will do something.
If I may @Fred's Myth
Like I said earlier, hope FedEx has a contingency plan.

This is the hub he (@Empty Pockets) must be speaking of, however it may be an example of Express doing something.
Can you speak to this?
They have three busses coming in from Greenville, Ms. every night. They also began hiring ex cons/felons. They are even offering to pay for drug programs for addicts. It appears that they now have recruiting going on in the freaking courts.

The fact is, legacy costs are over, done with, except for those still employed who signed on with them attached.

It is obvious exactly why increases are not offered to, or slow walked to those that signed on with them.

I've never dealt with a more stupid bunch than Fedex employees.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If I may @Fred's Myth

This is the hub he (@Empty Pockets) must be speaking of, however it may be an example of Express doing something.
Can you speak to this?

The fact is, legacy costs are over, done with, except for those still employed who signed on with them attached.

It is obvious exactly why increases are not offered to, or slow walked to those that signed on with them.

I've never dealt with a more stupid bunch than Fedex employees.
If this doesn't rally the rank and file, they deserve whatever they're offered.

SFFX

Is it worth paying Joe $28/hour for 14.6 SPH when Jim can get yuou 13.1 SPH for $18?
lol, computer screen management! This is the central demise of this company.

Making up numbers to justify your opinion.

I understand what you think your saying. but tonality of data and facts kind of matter.

Costs are much more than SPH.

floridays

If this doesn't rally the rank and file, they deserve whatever they're offered.
They do my friend. And they won't rally.

They have Fedex's balls in their palms, can drop them (FedEx) to their knees.

I've never seen a group with more power that cower like an abused female.

Stat41

Is it worth paying Joe $28/hour for 14.6 SPH when Jim can get yuou 13.1 SPH for $18?
I agree, the math works. But when dealing with human beings, employee job satisfaction needs to be factored in. A demoralized workforce is going to cost more money in lost productivity, overtime costs, customer dissatisfaction, and absenteeism to name a few.

falcon back

No more than spending millions a year on Denny Hamlin or spending millions a year on NFL related sponsorships.
Those contracts were in place years ago. Way different business climate. The money FDX committed to pay the Memphis Athletes hasn't even been spent yet. The NCAA just approved the payments. You would think if they could find the millions they are getting ready to pay basketball and football players, they could take better care of their employees. Maybe they can lay off deadbeat corporate people again. Might not put money in other employees pockets but it would boost moral knowing do nothings are now out of a job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
lol, computer screen management! This is the central demise of this company.

Making up numbers to justify your opinion.

I understand what you think your saying. but tonality of data and facts kind of matter.

Costs are much more than SPH.
We're talking about hourly labor costs vs what you get for those costs. Feel free to tune in.

floridays

If you want to grossly overpay for something, that's your business.
Your reputation may dictate you "grossly" overpay, or you just advertize, "We throw your :poop: on the porch whenever we feel inclined to."

I have to admit, I see Fedex making no advertised claims of premium service as they require premium payment.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I agree, the math works. But when dealing with human beings, employee job satisfaction needs to be factored in. A demoralized workforce is going to cost more money in lost productivity, overtime costs, customer dissatisfaction, and absenteeism to name a few.
Sure, those things carry a cost. But that cost is easily overstated and can be mitigated.