Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Your reputation may dictate you "grossly" overpay, or you just advertize, "We throw your :poop: on the porch whenever we feel inclined to."

I have to admit, I see Fedex making no advertised claims of premium service as they require premium payment.
It's package delivery, not the splitting of the atom.

floridays

We're talking about hourly labor costs vs what you get for those costs. Feel free to tune in.
I am speaking of reputation.
You young, or just greedy bastards are destroying the principles under which the company was founded, to the employee first and the satisfaction of the customer.

But where will the customer go?

Fedex employees, strike while the iron is hot.
You (box humpers) hold their nuts in your hands.
It is obvious white collar and blue are at odds, if @59 Dano is actually white collar.

When I say strike I mean they are pliable, dictated by current realities.
Make demands known.

If demands are not heard and acted on immediately, strike physically.

Period.

Punch a bully in the face, they back down.

floridays

Exactly, you clowns are hiring clowns that cannot or won't even show up for work.
No reason to stay for the :poop: show you offer.

For you edification, I am no Lib, I'm more conservative than you will ever be.
No rino like you.

floridays

@Fred's Myth,
I have no doubt if we both view this board in two years the same will be said, same griping and bitching with no plan, just bitch, bitch, bitch.

I'm not a party, I just lend a voice.

SFFX

I agree, the math works. But when dealing with human beings, employee job satisfaction needs to be factored in. A demoralized workforce is going to cost more money in lost productivity, overtime costs, customer dissatisfaction, and absenteeism to name a few.
exactly

SFFX

its also not flipping burgers or bagging groceries. Its driving a large vehicle on road ways with other people.

Look at all the new Amazon trucks, beat to :censored2: already, its a battle to the bottom.

floridays

It’s funny how you simplify our job to just “package delivery” and yet FedEx spends millions a year to make it more than just “package delivery”.

Hat tip @Operational needs, reading your post made me aware of something I missed.

I thought this was an airline, that is what you say, and claim Federal Court a decision has declared.

I'm still waiting for the citation that anyone can view.

floridays

Is it worth Building a costumer and courier relationship. Turnover is a sign of a poorly run company. Customers will look elsewhere
No it isn't.
No they won't, there is no where else to look.

You jackasses need to face the fact, there is no better time than now to cement what you want, through collective bargaining.

Don't look to the teamsters to organize.

Just ask @59 Dano. The guy who despises all that butter his bread.
No, a correction, those that make his bread possible.

Buhryein

Is it worth paying Joe $28/hour for 14.6 SPH when Jim can get yuou 13.1 SPH for $18?
I don't know about your station but the new response hires here have totaled 3 rentals, and damaged more than half the rentals we have. So yeah maybe it's just not that cut and dry.

Working4the1%

No it isn't.
No they won't, there is no where else to look.

You jackasses need to face the fact, there is no better time than now to cement what you want, through collective bargaining.

Don't look to the teamsters to organize.

Just ask @59 Dano. The guy who despises all that butter his bread.
No, a correction, those that make his bread possible.
What about the Ups guy who has been delivering on the route for 30 plus years. While we have 30 different delivery drivers in same time frame.

floridays

What about the Ups guy who has been delivering on the route for 30 plus years. While we have 30 different delivery drivers in same time frame.
I dealt with that mindset.

I've never dealt with a more stupid bunch than Fedex employees.
What about the Ups guy?
I don't give a :poop: .
He gets his, through a contract, not because he is special.
As you weiners bitch, complain and whine, yet are afraid to make a move at your best possible time your future slips through your fingers.

I've never met or dealt with a more ignorant bunch than Fedex employees.

PSP the company was built on this, and it lasted only until the first generation of employee retired.

Start a movement.

Working4the1%

I dealt with that mindset.

What about the Ups guy?
I don't give a :poop: .
He gets his, through a contract, not because he is special.
As you weiners bitch, complain and whine, yet are afraid to make a move at your best possible time your future slips through your fingers.

I've never met or dealt with a more ignorant bunch than Fedex employees.

PSP the company was built on this, and it lasted only until the first generation of employee retired.

Start a movement.
It’s to confusing I drive a truck for an airline. But if I go near the plane I would be arrested. Then I ask my manager and he starts talking about Railroads

floridays

It’s to confusing I drive a truck for an airline. But if I go near the plane I would be arrested. Then I ask my manager and he starts talking about Railroads
All joking aside, you guys are in charge of your destiny should you choose to remain employees.

This opportunity will not come around again most likely.

You hold their balls in your palm, no different than the airport employees.

The question is, will either seize on this opportunity.

My guess is no one, neither group will take the bat off their shoulder.

Ask @59 Dano to tell you why you shouldn't move, ask him why you should not mount an offensive.
Be sure and ask @59 Dano exactly why you shouldn't.

falcon back

Exactly how is your traditional (defined benefit) growing by 10%.?

When the plan was in effect as a pension the largest growth, (the defined growth) was 2% of your highest 5 years earnings averaged.

Growth was capped at 25 years, the maximum benefit, paid monthly (after retirement) was capped at 50% of those highest 5 years to calculate the benefit.

What was the stated benefit at the time of your retirement for your 25 years of capped credited service?

It is a number that is easily accessed, and will tell us precisely how much you made in your highest five years of earnings.
That subject was discussed in length a while back. Once you retire you have a choice to make regarding your pensions. You can either begin drawing them when you retire or you can wait and draw them at a later date. If you begin drawing them right away, the amount you will receive is the what your Traditional was the day you enrolled into the Portable.and your Portable lump sum will be what it was the day you left the company. For every year you WAIT before drawing your Traditional, the payment increases by 10% and your Portable lump sum increases by the 4% that it does now. There are no more deposits into the Portable but you still get the 4%. There are risks in waiting because you could die early and not take advantage of the increased amount but in my opinion, it's a risk worth taking. Just like waiting on Social Security, there is a 8% yearly increase by waiting on drawing it after 62. If you look on the Retirement website, there is a very small paragraph in the KEY DATES section of the rules. It vaguely explains the increase you receive by waiting and doesn't tell you by how much. For that, you will have to use the chart that is available to "calculate your pension" and put in different dates that you wish to start the pensions after you retire and you will see the increases.