Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Empty Pockets

This is the hub he (@Empty Pockets) must be speaking of, however it may be an example of Express doing something.
Can you speak to this?
This is nothing new. There have been three buses parked on the west side of the employee lot for well over a year. Recently, there has been four. I am not sure if it is just another one from Greenville, Ms. or if they are importing from another city. They did this a few years ago in Millington, Tn. FedEx goes to a city and holds a job fair. Everyone hired will get a free bus ride to work each night. The Millington express did not last long. It started with three buses. A few months later, there were two buses. It dwindled down to just one bus less than half full and they pulled the plug.

They have resorted to hiring folks released from prison/ex cons. Because of airport regulations on IDs, they are dropped off to work at a certain spot and driven directly into the hub. These folks do not meet the requirements to operate any vehicles, just perform labor.

The fact is, legacy costs are over, done with, except for those still employed who signed on with them attached.

It is obvious exactly why increases are not offered to, or slow walked to those that signed on with them.

I've never dealt with a more stupid bunch than Fedex employees.
Stupid? Fred has lined the pockets of government to keep us under the RLA which has beat us down like an old government pack mule. If we just decided to walk out right now"
1. The long hauls would get contracted out before suppertime
2. The city drivers would be covered by the 15 yard mule drivers already on site
3. 40% of our drivers are living check to check and would still come in and get all the overtime they want
4. Same with couriers, 60% would look over at the dozen casuals licking their lips and would not walk.

Some of us have valid reasons why we stayed longer than we should have. The main reason most of us have stayed is because we were conned, drank the kool-aid, were svengalied, and bamboozled.

Video of Steve Cohen kissing Fred's butt on national TV....

Last edited:

yadig

This is nothing new. There have been three buses parked on the west side of the employee lot for well over a year. Recently, there has been four. I am not sure if it is just another one from Greenville, Ms. or if they are importing from another city. They did this a few years ago in Millington, Tn. FedEx goes to a city and holds a job fair. Everyone hired will get a free bus ride to work each night. The Millington express did not last long. It started with three buses. A few months later, there were two buses. It dwindled down to just one bus less than half full and they pulled the plug.

They have resorted to hiring folks released from prison/ex cons. Because of airport regulations on IDs, they are dropped off to work at a certain spot and driven directly into the hub. These folks do not meet the requirements to operate any vehicles, just perform labor.

Stupid? Fred has lined the pockets of government to keep us under the RLA which has beat us down like an old government pack mule. If we just decided to walk out right now"
1. The long hauls would get contracted out before suppertime
2. The city drivers would be covered by the 15 yard mule drivers already on site
3. 40% of our drivers are living check to check and would still come in and get all the overtime they want
4. Same with couriers, 60% would look over at the dozen casuals licking their lips and would not walk.

Some of us have valid reasons why we stayed longer than we should have. The main reason most of us have stayed is because we were conned, drank the kool-aid, were svengalied, and bamboozled.

I agree with you. I’m a topped out rtd and making it my goal to legally take as much as I can! I’m not talking bout stealing, I’m just slowing that truck way down. It’s sad too see a once great company on the way down.

Empty Pockets

I agree with you. I’m a topped out rtd and making it my goal to legally take as much as I can! I’m not talking bout stealing, I’m just slowing that truck way down. It’s sad too see a once great company on the way down.
As a good ole PUD driver once said, "I get paid by the minute." Yep, we do and I am with you. Bust your step time or deliveries and all you can expect is to have to make extra pulls for the deadbeats.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Cohen, what a piece of crap. An ass kisser, BS artist and a drama queen all rolled into one.

He’s acting like Express is the nations only delivery company and if union cards are signed at one ramp the sky is gonna come crumbling down. What an idiot.

Empty Pockets

5j41l7.jpg

FB_IMG_1628559856901.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They can always draw from the management expertise of the couriers who think they have all the answers.
The "managers" that are in place here believe they are managing because they monitor your shoes and socks and mask. They'll communicate to the belt puller that they have help on standby, in the mistaken belief that they've just communicated to the entire workgroup.

Not how I define competence.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I am speaking of reputation.
You young, or just greedy bastards are destroying the principles under which the company was founded, to the employee first and the satisfaction of the customer.

But where will the customer go?

Fedex employees, strike while the iron is hot.
You (box humpers) hold their nuts in your hands.
It is obvious white collar and blue are at odds, if @59 Dano is actually white collar.

When I say strike I mean they are pliable, dictated by current realities.
Make demands known.

If demands are not heard and acted on immediately, strike physically.

Period.

Punch a bully in the face, they back down.

Half the employees don't want to do anything, and of the half that do, they can't agree on what, when, how, or for how long. The loudest noise is coming from topped out people who didn't get anything, and all of that noise is coming from topped out people who aren't going anywhere and aren't going to jeopardize good pay and 5 or so weeks of PTO. None of the other hourlies care about the tears coming from topped out workers - they're just glad they got something and would gladly trade places with them.

No one has the balls to do anything of significance.

59 Dano

Exactly, you clowns are hiring clowns that cannot or won't even show up for work.
No reason to stay for the :poop: show you offer.
Practically anyone off the street can do the job, don't know why you'd hire someone overqualified for it.

For you edification, I am no Lib, I'm more conservative than you will ever be.
No rino like you.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything, but OK if it makes you feel better to say it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Half the employees don't want to do anything, and of the half that do, they can't agree on what, when, how, or for how long. The loudest noise is coming from topped out people who didn't get anything, and all of that noise is coming from topped out people who aren't going anywhere and aren't going to jeopardize good pay and 5 or so weeks of PTO. None of the other hourlies care about the tears coming from topped out workers - they're just glad they got something and would gladly trade places with them.

Finally, someone who can define the reality of the P-S-P philosophy!!!

59 Dano

Ask @59 Dano to tell you why you shouldn't move, ask him why you should not mount an offensive.
Be sure and ask @59 Dano exactly why you shouldn't.
LOL, you jackass. I don't care what they do. It doesn't affect me. They can do whatever they want. It would give their managers an easier way to fire the ones they want to get rid of anyway.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Your lack of balls caused you to come crawling back. You can thank your mom for making that phone call BTW.

Depends on which market you’re in. If they actually gave 10 steps in a decade, you’d see between 28-32$ I believe.
Thanks for the response. That's pretty good. USPS tops out at $32 after 14 years.

May I ask, do full-time Couriers work overtime sometimes? 5 to 10 hours a week of it would be nice.